It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru This, Nibiru That: STOP, You've been punked!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

Its called logical reasoning. If i told you i could predict the exact date the earth goes poof but i couldnt predict nexts weeks lotto numbers wouldnt you find that iffy.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

If you followed your on advice you would have shut up the 2nd page in tops.

PS you still havent told me how the Hopi got this advanced knowledge.

I wasn't the one who claimed would leave two pages ago...and still you are here, showing nothing but ignorance... If you don't know how the Hopi/Maya, and other ancient people got their knowledge, and if you are interested, then do your own research and stop calling them "ignorant".... the only one who has shown ignorance are those like you...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Its called logical reasoning. If i told you i could predict the exact date the earth goes poof but i couldnt predict nexts weeks lotto numbers wouldnt you find that iffy.

No, it is called "ignorant reasoning", when you don't know what you are talking about yet call a people's whose culture has existed well preserved through centuries and millenia as "ignorant"....

They have had a connection to the Great Spirit for generations, and their knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation, which again shows you to be the ignorant one for speaking ill of a people you don't know anything about....

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

reply to post by thomas_

Actually I wouldn't. There is no logic on your reasoning. You're neglecting both the oral tradition and the calculations ancient people were capable of achieving based on the observation passed from one generation to another for millenniums.

And these predictions that talk about a "end date" most often are not put into a different cultural context making really easy to dismiss them.

Now super-powers wise and non-related to the Hopi people if I remember correctly the Mayans did predict their fall on the hand of the Spanish.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

reply to post by thomas_

Actually I wouldn't. There is no logic on your reasoning. You're neglecting both the oral tradition and the calculations ancient people were capable of achieving based on the observation passed from one generation to another for millenniums.

And these predictions that talk about a "end date" most often are not put into a different cultural context making really easy to dismiss them.

Now super-powers wise and non-related to the Hopi people if I remember correctly the Mayans did predict their fall on the hand of the Spanish.

Could be no prior generations remember this body comes through every 3600 years and destroys all of humanity according to doomsayers

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

The Hopis didn't predict anything. Neither did the Sumerians. They were documenting the experiences of their cultures, and the information told to them by their "creators", passed down through ancestors and elders. The misconception is that all this is prediction, when, it's more likely to be dictation.

Do you realize that we use the same measurement for time that the Sumerians developed thousands of years ago..? Did they develop it, or was it given to them..? Please leave ignorance out of your comments, and spread insight and common courtesy at the very least.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

"Doomsayers" are one thing and ancient civilizations are a complete different one. With a bit of "logical reasoning" you would realize that.

And I might be wrong but I don't remember reading about any ancient civilization stating that no one would survive. On the contrary, for what I remember from what I've read from several of them most either go with something on par with it's on the Bible where some would indeed survive and life would be unbearable or simply talk about a "end" that could be pretty much anything.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Ker, you are taking my point completely out of context. Keep doing that and i will flag you.

Thank you

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I will tell you something that is hapenning right now: The New shape of the Solar System. It doesn't matter how many rules, laws, physic or religion we are in. 2010 is the beginning of the changes in the Solar System. Something never seen is happening right now. Nibiru and its tribe are on its way to encounter our Solar System. As hapenned many times before, Nibiru and its tribe formed by several moons and asteroid belts planet sized are going to reshape one more time "our" Solar System. Nibiru will penetrate our planetary system somewhere between the outer planets between Jupiter and Uranus. The effects of this encounter has already begin: from October 2009 to this date, more than 50 meteorites attracted by the Sun gravity had crash against the Earth atmosphere and the Earth Protective Shield. One asteroid planet sized already crash with Jupiter. Five asteroids crashed against the Sun this year. The effect of Nibiru will be of fourteen month of encounters between titanic forces. One moon will crash against Mercury and this planet will explode against The Sun. Another moon will crash against Mars and its debris will form a new asteroid belt. Earth orbit will be push out several degrees out of it actual orbit causing the life as known to be impossible to survive. Two new planets jupiter size will remain orbitting the Sun and Venus will become a satellite of one of this planets. One of this planet will be an "intermediate" to move life on Earth to the second new planet (think as a second Noah's Ark)A huge solar activity never seen before will reach the deepest limits of the Solar System, burning and transforming everything on its path. The Earth will survive but will be burn to the grounds, leaving only the seeds for The New race. Probably none of us will survive to see half of this but we will witness one of the most beautiful events on The Universe: The rebirth of a Planetary System . This is all God's plan to have a perfect balance in The Universe.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Wow what a thread this one is! lol.

Man you guys get so worked up flaming each other when this topic comes up. People just need to chill out on this whole Nibiru topic and take it more with a grain of salt. And that goes for any topic; it's all good reading, and were all learning from each other, and were all reporting on events and different things, and you know what....thats awesome. And it's healthy for the mind and the soul to discuss any of these topics on our beloved ATS! But guys you know what, nobody, and I mean nobody is an expert on this stuff. And i don't care if they got a degree from some mainstream university, or if they instead just traversed the world studying these topics, their stories, theories and tales are ALL interesting, and ALL deserve respect regardless if they may seem a bit to "hollywood" for you. ie Sitchin.

"pours stiff drink of crown royal and ice"...

Serb for the most part the sources and explanations your providing to back up your opposition to Sitchin is pretty lame bud. I've read just about all of Sitchin's books, and I have to say, your either misunderstanding, have read only one or maybe none of his books, or maybe you have and for some reason or another you just find it impossible to entertain the possibility some of what he says may be accurate. Is Sitchin 100% accurate? Chances are probably not...but it doesn't mean that ALL his stuff is bunk. Sitchin doesn't base ALL his work on this one seal dude. The guys spent 30 years researching tablets, bibles, texts, other scholarly readings etc to even right his first book!! Tell me who in their right mind would spend 30 years of their life researching all over the world, and reading tons of texts, documents, theories, museums etc, just in the slight hope they might become a millionaire by selling a few books, completely out of context with mainstream education???? Put yourself back in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.... How may millionaires were made back then from selling books like this??? NONE! Thats how many! And if you look at Sitchin even today, he's not living the life of a millionaire from selling his books. He's only been getting success recently, with the help of technology which I might add, has helped alot of people get recognized and noticed, without having to have a bunch of money up front to do so!! Take a look at his website. Does it look like a website a millionaire book seller would have? No, definitely not. Christ i could design a better site for him.

And the first book came out in 1976, The 12th Planet. Which for all I know, he wrote before you were even born.

I'm not slamming you at all Serb, I'm just saying to all of you who just "think you know it all" because your source or link may have some possible evidence of something to the contrary; that you take everything you read and digest it with a grain of salt, and not to take it to the point where you are absolutely convinced that you are 100% correct and everyone else is outta their minds.

And just so everyone knows....There is no relation between 2012 and Nibiru. At all. There is no mention in any of the 6 books about Nibiru and 2012. And even if someone did put a date to it's exact return, i would be skeptical. Putting dates to things like this is ridiculous. I think one could get close; like within 50 or 100 years maybe; but not exact in any way shape or form. And if there is any truth to the Nibiru story Sitchin tells, the orbit may not be 3600 earth years anymore, it may be closer to 3750 years or so because the last time it passed thru, Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus caused some havoc that forced Nibiru into a longer orbital path. One of which was the flipping of Uranus to the side.
But again... This is just suggested theory. None of this stuff is an exact science. Everything has to be questioned. Over and over and over again.
So i have 73 characters left to say, guys and gals...lets discuss and not argue!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Is2012TheDate

Interesting synopsis. But from what I've been researching this one will be survivable. Of course I'm not 100% on that lol, but I like to be optimistic and think that the human race does deserve to live on and learn from its mistakes. We just need a good cleansing and we'll be good to go!!

edited to say that i just realized you said we'd survive, i'll be it...barely!

[edit on 22-4-2010 by eArth33lr]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wash222

You've hit the nail on the head, my friend! Yes, there's an element of panic here initiated by the author of this thread, probably in the light of very clear increasing Earth changes. And, to be honest, there's no scientific thought in making assumptions that Nibiru/Wormwood/Nemesis/Brown dwarf doesn't exist, whereas diligent research will clearly tell you something catastrophic DOES happen every 3600 years (ice core drilling at Poles). In fact, this is a thick thread, is absolute rubbish, is garbage in garbage out, crap derived from disinfo sources (Google, NASA).
All the denial in the world won't stop the truth from coming out. Sure, folks hope to get rich from selling the truth and I'm sure they will, but it won't save their skins. And no amount of talking will either.
For all debunkers, look a bit harder and panic.

mclinking

[edit on 22-4-2010 by mclinking]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Nibiru is a 'children's conspiracy theory', judging by grammar, and the general manner of the posts, i don't think there is a single nibiru believer over the age of 16. Just let them have they're fun.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by JACKRADAKILL

In the context you mean, the correct spelling is "their", not "they're"...jack.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by TolanIsMaximus]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

Well... Google isn't exactly a source for anything. It's merely a search engine.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TolanIsMaximus

I just love when people use the grammar excuse as a mean to debunk something and yet manage to misspell things in their posts. It's just priceless

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

reply to post by ker2010

The Hopis didn't predict anything. Neither did the Sumerians.

Thank you.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Thank you, my point exactly

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ker2010]

This is a major problem we have.

Reading comprehension.

The fact that guy quickly takes what you say out of context, shows me one of two things.

#1) Purposely being manipulative and trying to screw the debate.

#2) Or, they simply don't bother to read things.

Because he was clearly stating that it was not a prediction but rather a dictation.

Anyways, threads like this are a great way to find out how closed minded people are.

Everyone thinks they are right, and yet they are all in total opposition.

There is no way to know if any Nibiru crap is true or not. It's all a mystery and the ONLY WAY TO KNOW is to WAIT AND SEE.

Also, I find it amazing how incredibly rude people are becoming lately.

It's like people are more and more divisive each passing day...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

I just love when people use the grammar excuse as a mean to debunk something and yet manage to misspell things in their posts. It's just priceless

Here is an example the grammar spelling excuse does not work.

"teh suun iz a brite stawr in da skiez!"

Horrific spelling, no grammar or punctuation.

But what is said is TRUE 100%. The sun is a bright star in the sky!

So spelling has NOTHING to do with VERACITY.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The Hopis didn't predict anything.

Except for everything else you said, the above is wrong... The Hopi/Maya did predict many things...

Apart from having predictions of the time from the first world, to the fourth world which we are supposed to be in, they also talk about the fifth world into which we went into as the Blue Star made it's appearance showing the beginning of the next cycle.... Apart from the fifth world there are three more worlds/cycles before we reunite with the Creator according to their PROPHECY....

Have you ever even heard of "prophecy rock"?... Yes it is a Hopi prophecy...

Near Oraibi, Arizona, there is a petroglyph known as Prophecy Rock which symbolizes many Hopi prophecies. Its interpretation is:

The large human figure on the left is the Great Spirit. The bow in his left hand represents his instructions to the Hopi to lay down their weapons. The vertical line to the right of the Great Spirit is a time scale in thousands of years. The point at which the great Spirit touches the line is the time of his return.

The "life path" established by the Great Spirit divides into the lower, narrow path of continuous Life in harmony with nature and the wide upper road of white man's scientific achievements. The bar between the paths, above the cross, is the coming of white men; the Cross is that of Christianity. The circle below the cross represents the continuous Path of Life.

The four small human figures on the upper road represent, on one level, the past three worlds and the present; on another level, the figures indicate that some of the Hopi will travel the white man's path, having been seduced by its glamour.

The two circles on the lower Path of Life are the "great shaking of the earth" (World Wars One and Two). The swastika in the sun and the Celtic cross represent the two helpers of Pahana, the True White Brother.

The short line that returns to the straight Path of Life is the last chance for people to turn back to nature before the upper road disintegrates and dissipates. The small circle above the Path of Life, after the last chance, is the Great Purification, after which corn will grow in abundance again when the Great Spirit returns. And the Path of Life continues forever...

Why is it that people like to claim things about people and cultures they really know nothing about?...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join