It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru This, Nibiru That: STOP, You've been punked!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wash222
What I dont get is why would someone put so much effort into debunking threads about Nibiru,planet x, whatever?

For the same reason people start them....to prove a point. It would be unfair if only one side of the argument was dispalyed, and completely contradictory to the ATS motto of denying ignorance. As long as both sides produce evidence of why they came to their conclusion, why should it matter, wether they are debunking or not?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wash222
What I dont get is why would someone put so much effort into debunking threads about Nibiru,planet x, whatever?

So what!!!! you dont buy it....allrighty then...why not just move on to something you do believe? Why waste so much time announcing your disbelief?

That seems odd to me, just my opinion.

Cause nibiru threads pop up constantly with zero proof. Nibiru can be DISPROVEN with common sense and basic understanding of astronomy if it is indeed hitting us in 2012.

Im not a Athiest i believe in a higher power. But we cant prove or disprove God.

I believe in aliens, been a lot of sightings , videos and first hand testimony. Sheer size of the universe. But we can neither prove or disprove them.

PLANET NIBIRU, if a planet, dark star etc was gonna hit in 2012 THAT could be proven because the planets orbits would be effected now. A body that large just doesnt sneak up on you without some major noise making other than earthquakes in usual places. It would be detected some way some how.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

well in the babylonian astrological charts, jupiter (known as marduk at the time), was called nibiru when it crossed the meridian center of the sky, but it was called other things when it moved over various other parts of the sky, such as when it was rising over the horizon, and when it was setting on the other horizon. that's because nibiru was associated originally, with the sumerian city of nibru, the abode of the temple of the god enlil, which had a crossing place on the euphrates river. the word nibiru dates back to sumer. the place of the crossing, the place of the cross, not the planet of the crossing. it was used as an adjective by the time of babylon but originally was a noun, which is where i think sitchin had some question as to the change of grammar usage. he theorized that it had always been a noun, and that someone was covering up that particular fact. problem is, he gave entirely too much credence to babylonian texts such as enuma elish, in the first place, when he even knew it was a huge mess.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Yes, perhaps a better name would be Nemesis.

Go to 34:55 to get to the part of interest...the Professor states: "we could be part of a double star system and we never would have noticed"...but you probably want to start a little before 34:55 to get a better understanding of what he's talking about...

The professor is talking about Nemesis. Apparently it's a theory he developed which involves us having a double start system (binary star). The second star in our system is a Red Dwarf, and according to his theory it has an orbit of 26 million years.

[edit on 21/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Good post and all, so S&F for that. However. "Nibiru" or "Planet X" are real in a lot of peoples minds. Yes the origin of their names were for completely different things, but the words have latched themselves onto the whole theory that a rogue planet is roaming out in our solar system (and then the story varies from there).

My point is, people use the wrong terms for things all of the time - a theory catches on to the public quickly, and now the wrong term is being used by nearly everyone.

So in all reality, the idea of "Planet X" is very real, it's just the names for this theory are based of previous things that have been discovered (or thought to have been).

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yep two totally different things. Stichen never quoted Nibiru as being a binary star. Way more believable than Nibiru imo

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

What does solar activity have to do with Nibiru being real or not.

Simple....Something caused the lull in the Sun's activity. Not only that but I have shown there has been an increase in insterstellar dust, more radiation, as well as something is increasing the distance between the Sun and the planets, and the only thing which can do this is a dead star...

Secular increase of the astronomical unit and perihelion precessions as tests of the Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati multi-dimensional braneworld scenario
Lorenzo Iorio JCAP09(2005)006 doi: 10.1088/1475-7516/2005/09/006

PDF (313 KB) | HTML | References | Articles citing this article

Lorenzo Iorio
Viale Unità di Italia 68, 70125, Bari, Italy
E-mail: [email protected]
Abstract. An unexpected secular increase of the astronomical unit, the length scale of the Solar System, has recently been reported by three different research groups (Krasinsky and Brumberg, Pitjeva, Standish). The latest JPL measurements amount to 7 ± 2 m cy−1. At present, there are no explanations able to accommodate such an observed phenomenon, either in the realm of classical physics or in the usual four-dimensional framework of the Einsteinian general relativity. The Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati braneworld scenario, which is a multi-dimensional model of gravity aimed at providing an explanation of the observed cosmic acceleration without dark energy, predicts, among other things, a perihelion secular shift, due to Lue and Starkman, of 5 × 10−4 arcsec cy−1 for all the planets of the Solar System. It yields a variation of about 6 m cy−1 for the Earth–Sun distance which is compatible with the observed rate of change for the astronomical unit. The recently measured corrections to the secular motions of the perihelia of the inner planets of the Solar System are in agreement with the predicted value of the Lue–Starkman effect for Mercury, Mars and, at a slightly worse level, the Earth.

www.iop.org...

Even comets are being affected by this.

6 The increase of the Astronomical Unit

6.1 The observation

From the analysis of radiometric measurements of distances between the Earth and the major planets including observations from Martian orbiters and landers from 1961 to 2003 a secular increase of the Astronomical Unit of approximately 10 m/cy has been reported (36) (see also the article (37) and the discussion therein).

6.2 Search for explanation

Time–dependent gravitational constant and velocity of light This increase cannot be explained by a time–dependent gravitational constant G because the ˙ G/G needed is larger than the restrictions obtained from LLR.

It has also been speculated that a time–dependent change in the velocity of light can be responsible for this effect. Indeed, if the speed of light becomes smaller, than ranging will simulate a drift of distances. However, a inspection of Kepler’s third law
T2 4π2
a3 = GM⊙

(17)

shows that, if one replaces the distance a by a ranging time a = ct, then effectively the quotient G/c3 appears. Only this combination of the gravitational constant and the speed of light governs the ratio between the orbit time, in our case the orbit time of the Earth. Consequently, a time–dependent speed of light is equivalent to a time–dependent gravitational constant. Since the latter has been ruled out to be possibly responsible for an increase of the Astronomical Unit, also a time–dependent speed of light has to be ruled out.

Cosmic expansion The influence of cosmic expansion by many orders of magnitude too small, see Sec.9.2. Neither the modification of the gravitational field of the Sun nor the drag of the planetary orbits due to the expansion is big enough to explain this drift.

Clock drift An increase of ranged distances might also be due to a drift of the time scale of the form t → t + αt2 for α > 0. This is of the same form as the time drift needed to account for the Pioneer anomaly. From Kepler’s third law one may ask which α is suitable in order to simulate the increase of the Astronomical Unit. One obtains α ≈ 3 · 10−20 s−1 what is astonishing close to the clock drift needed for a clock drift simulation of the pioneer anomaly, see Eq.(16) and below.
7 The quadrupole and octupule anomaly Recently an anomalous behavior of the low–l contributions to the cosmic microwave background has been reported. It has been shown that (i) there exists an alignment between the quadrupole and octupole with > 99.87% C.L. [38], and (ii) that the quadrupole and octupole are aligned to Solar system ecliptic to > 99% C.L. [39]. No correlation with the galactic plane has been found.

The reason for this is totally unclear. One may speculate that an unknown gravitational field within the Solar system slightly redirects the incoming cosmic microwave radiation (in the similar way as a motion with a certain velocity with respect to the rest frame of the cosmological background redirects the cosmic background radiation and leads to modifications of the dipole and quadrupole parts). Such a redirection should be more pronounced for low–l components of the radiation. It should be possible to calculate the gravitational field needed for such a redirection and then to compare that with the observational data of the Solar system and the other observed anomalies.

8.2 Other anomalies?
There is one further observation which status is rather unclear bit which perhaps may fit into the other observations. This is the observation of the return time of comets: Comets usually come back a few days before they are expected when applying ordinary equations of motion. The delay usually is assigned to the outgassing of these objects. In fact, the delay is used for an estimate of the strength of this outgassing. On the other hand, it has been calculated in (44) that the assumption that starting with 20 AU there is an additional acceleration of the order of the Pioneer anomaly also leads to the effect that comets come back a few days earlier. It is not clear whether this is a serious indications but a further study of the trajectories of comets certainly is worthwhile.

arxiv.org...

waiting......................

Sorry kid, already gave what REAL SCIENTISTS say, and not what "wannabes", and others, like you, want to claim....

WAITING for YOUR scientific response...................

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by gamma 49
ANSWER THIS:

1. WHY IS GOOGLE SKY BLOCKED?

Its not blocked. Like google earth, there are bits missing from the mosaic of images.

2.WHY IS WISKI SKY BLOCKED ALL SIGTHS ARE ON THE SAME DECLANATION

?

3. WHY ARE ALL NASA SIGHTS BLOCKED

Well thats a pretty silly answer

4.WHY IS SOHO OFF LINE

SOHO is on and off all the time....its not due to Nibiru

5.WHATS WITH ALL THE MAJORE QUAKES

Its called tectonic activity....google it

6 THE POLLS MOVING 200 MILES

LOL!!!!!

You mean poles right? And that hasnt been a sudden movement, its taken hundreds of years

7 SEVERE WEATHER

Google meteorology

8.VOLCANOS GOING OFF

Again due to tectonic activity

9.INCREASED UFO ACTIVITY

10. ALL COUNTRYS IN THE WORLD BUILDING UNDERGROUND SHELTERS
AND SEED VAULTS

As far as I know, only a couple of countries have done this. Link your source

AND ONLY THE MOST IMPORTANT FACT THE ANCIENTS, ALL RELIGIONS SPEAK OF THE DARK STAR. THE BIBLE, KOLBRIN BIBLE,ENOCH,SUMARIANS,EGYPTIANS,MAYON,
HOPI,AZTEC,ABORIGINI,AND THE PETROGYLPHS FOUND ONLY IN THE HIGH PLACES OF THE WORLD DEPICTING THE SAME FIGURE A SPIRAL 7 PLANETS AND THE HORNED DESTROYER,AND NO THEY DIDN'T HAVE FAX MACHINES TO SEND COPIES OF THE SAME FIGURE CARVED AROUND THE WORLD. THEY ALL SAW THE SAME THING.

AGIAN WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT EARTH HAS A BIANARY TWIN
80% OF THE NORM IN OUR GALAXY IS BIANARY OUR TRIANARY SYSTEMS.

THE RABBITS HOLE .COM SHUT DOWN LUCAS HAD AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF METERIAL AND ALL WAS 100% TRUTH.

Why is your caps lock on?

For one question you claim it's a silly answer. How is a question an answer?

You say its called blah blah and to Google it, followed by a fruity emoticon rolling his eyes.

And you type LOL because he spelled a word wrong. You like laughing at people with troubles spelling. Really you actually laughed out loud.

Seems condescending to me.

I don't press the alert button because I'm not that deeply involved with this website.

link   
reply to post by ker2010

I don't really care what Stichen said to be honest. People claimed Niburu was a red/brown dwarf and it had a massive elliptical orbit around our Sun. That sort of makes it a binary star doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by ker2010

I don't really care what Stichen said to be honest. People claimed Niburu was a red/brown dwarf and it had a massive elliptical orbit around our Sun. That sort of makes it a binary star doesn't it?

No believers in Stichen took it as a planet then believers all of a sudden started saying a red dwarf. I think because they caught on that a planet would have already been detected were as the Red Dwarf would be harder to detect.

The OP is arguing a planet named Nibiru does not pass through our solar system every 3600 years.

He was not arguing whether or not we are a binary star system and a red dwarf passes every 26 million years.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

You are entitled to your opinion, however, YOU are WRONG and though you might find this forum the place to air your opinion, you are not swaying impressionable minds with your DIS-INFORMATION !

I suggest you go hang out on the websites, like "Heiser's" who attempts to debunk Sitchin's work without any of his/their own credibility. They seek Sitchin's fame, fortune and knowledge and haven't got their foot in the door edgewise.

YOU HAVE BEEN PUNKED !

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

No beleivers in Stichen took it as a planet then beleivers all of a sudden started saying a red dwarf. I think because they caught on that a planet would have already been detected where as the Red Dwarf would be harder to detect.
\

lol...I love how these beginners like to make claims they don't know much about....

Nibiru is seen as both a dark planet, and dark star because the Gods are supposed to live in it, hence why it is also seen as a planet...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

2.WHY IS WISKI SKY BLOCKED ALL SIGTHS ARE ON THE SAME DECLANATION

?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing teehee

Why is your caps lock on?

My sentiments exactly haha! It usually irritates me to the point where I can't read any further, but he did have a point regarding Lucus. His site has been attacked 4x in less than a month. Five days ago it said account suspended, now the link is broken.

The information was awesome, I hope it comes back online.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
i think the cylinder seal is depicting a particular star in the
pleiades.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/52667754434af1c7.png[/atsimg]

could be wrong, but it fits with the 7 birth goddesses (7 pleiades) story of ENKI AND NINMAH, enki being the likened to the great bull (taurus) and the 7 birth goddesses (nin = sister) likened to the 7 sisters of pleiades. perhaps it's identifying which "birth goddess" gave birth to this particular human being introduced to enlil in the scene, who is gifting him with a device to till the land.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b57bc3232348.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

In his 1976 book The 12th Planet and its sequels, Stichen said their is an undiscovered planet beyond Neptune which follows a long, elliptical orbit, reaching the inner solar system roughly every 3,600 years. He called Nibiru

Looks like your the noob get a copy of his 76 book and tell me where he says red dwarf.

thanks and come again

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
One man's truth is another man's lie. One man's evidence is another man's disinfo. Who 'qualifies' to be an 'expert' to determine what is truth and what isn't?? It appears many here have already made up their minds of what IS and what isn't, and that is okay- for perception and awareness is always shifting.

The important matter is to always question, always seek truth. Open your minds and hearts. Ask the right questions. Pay attention.

I have received my truth. And I have nothing to 'prove'. However I encourage awareness to 'truth'.

You are now witnessing a 'build up' of Earth changes that will only intensify. We will reach a point of changes and 'signs' (including cosmic) where no individual will be in doubt that the world is not 'right' or 'normal' as it 'used to be'. Many will be afraid. And then there will be no doubt. Those who have a sense of anticipation will fare better than those in denial. Awareness and preparation is important.
Primarily spiritual.

Dates are irrelevant. Just recognise the signs and follow your inner guidance. My truth was 'given' to me in visions and later 'confirmed' by an astrophysicist source. I cannot prove any of this and I have no urging to do so---all 'evidence' is open to debate and interpretation regardless. All that matters is discovering YOUR OWN TRUTH and we will all be graced with it, some sooner than others. Peace and perception to you all.

I will leave you with a quote from current Australian PM Kevin Rudd. Just a little food for thought. Govt won't reveal the finer details, but they'll clue you in from time to time.

"Natural disasters will be with us, in greater intensity over a longer period of time, regrettably with greater loss of life, into the future, for a range of reasons."

[edit on 21-4-2010 by benedict9]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Looks like your the noob get a copy of his 76 book and tell me where he says red dwarf.

thanks and come again

I am not talking just about Sitchin, Sitchin didn't make up the Annunaki, in fact the Babylonian creation story the Enuma Elish talks about the Annunaki etc....

Nice try again kid....

In Sumerian Mythology they were a pantheon of good and evil gods and goddesses who came to Earth to create the human race. According to the some resources, these gods came from Nibiru - 'Planet of the Crossing.' The Assyrians and Babylonians called it 'Marduk', after their chief god. Sumerians said one year on planet Nibiru, a sar, was equivalent in time to 3,600 Earth years. Anunnaki lifespans were 120 sars which is 120 x 3,600 or 432,000 years. According to the King List - 120 sars had passed from the time the Anunnaki arrived on Earth to the time of the Flood.

www.crystalinks.com...

There are many names for "Nibiru", but of course that is something you don't want to know or understand...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
wow wow wow. I think a lot of people are missing the point. Why waste time trying to explain yourself to a bunch on idiots who will never really understand. They are never gonna pick up a book let alone understand whats in it, and with that being said what makes you think they are gonna listen to your writting on the internet.
They've made there mind up already! I think time would be better spent trying to just open up how our bible is really just a bunch of older stories mashed together. Who were these old sumarian gods? If they are fake then our bible is fake. How can YHWH have been there after the flood if Enki was there first? What about Noah and Ziusudra? What about Cain Abel and Enten and Emesh?
Just curious what you guys think about supposed nibirus supposed 3600 year orbit and the 2160 year zodiac being the golden ratio? Did Sitchin go that far and just make it up? Good thread though, I enjoyed the read. I just think no use arguing about the little things. Where is this heaven this gods go to?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Dude Mark Hazlewood was the first or one of the first to claim Planet X is a brown/red dwarf. Stichen didnt claim it as one. Either post a quote from his book with him saying Nibiru is a Red Dwarf or Brown Dwarf or just admit your wrong.

Noone is arguing annunaki's, binary star systems, etc we are arguing the existence of a undiscovered PLANET that orbits us every 3600 years. Read the OP you guys stop with the straw man

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
For one question you claim it's a silly answer. How is a question an answer?

Well, I got that wrong

You say its called blah blah and to Google it, followed by a fruity emoticon rolling his eyes.

Its called denying ignorance by doing proper research. In case you havent noticed thats the motto of ATS. The OP is simply making baseless claims with no backing evidence. If you dont like any responses I make to you, in the future, then clarify by asking me to elaborate or explain, rather than stating I am wrong and changing the subject

And you type LOL because he spelled a word wrong. You like laughing at people with troubles spelling. Really you actually laughed out loud.

I did, its funny. It doesnt mean that I was targeting the OP for his bad spelling. Hell, I even laugh at my own spelling mistakes here

I don't press the alert button because I'm not that deeply involved with this website.

Well at least you are involved enough that you added me as a respected foe

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join