It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru This, Nibiru That: STOP, You've been punked!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I am not a "Nibiru cultist" as you claim people are, but I find it rather ironic that you claim people are making false connections and you do the exact thing you claim others are doing...

Where does it say Nibiru is Jupiter?... Where?... Just show us.... NOWHERE...

The thing is the planet/star has many names, from Wormwood, Marduk, yes even Marduk, and Nibiru.

Wormwood as the bible states.

Rev 8:10-11 "And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter."

As for there no being a planet of Annunaki, well you might think so, but Sitchin is not the only one who has used this name, in fact

The Anunnaki (also transcribed as: Anunna, Anunnaku, Ananaki and other variations) are a group of Sumerian, Akkadian and Babylonian deities. The name is variously written "da-nuna", "da-nuna-ke4-ne", or "da-nun-na", meaning something to the effect of 'those of royal blood'[1] or 'princely offspring'.[2] Their relation to the group of gods known as the Igigi is unclear - at times the names are used synonymously but in the Atra-hasis flood myth they have to work for the Anunnaki, rebelling after 40 days and replaced by the creation of humans.[3]

Jeremy Black and Anthony Green offer a slightly different perspective on the Igigi and the Anunnaki, writing that "lgigu or Igigi is a term introduced in the Old Babylonian Period as a name for the (ten) 'great gods'. While it sometimes kept that sense in later periods, from Middle Babylonian times on it is generally used to refer to the pods of heaven collectively, just as the term Anunnakku (Anuna) was later used to refer to the gods of the underworld. In the Epic of Creation, it is said that there are 300 lgigu of heaven.".

The Anunnaki appear in the Babylonian creation myth, Enuma Elish. In the late version magnifying Marduk, after the creation of mankind, Marduk divides the Anunnaki and assigns them to their proper stations, three hundred in heaven, three hundred on the earth. In gratitude, the Anunnaki, the "Great Gods", built Esagila, the splendid: "They raised high the head of Esagila equaling Apsu. Having built a stage-tower as high as Apsu, they set up in it an abode for Marduk, Enlil, Ea." Then they built their own shrines.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Annunaki/warchers are very probably also the Elohim. Elohim/Elohiym is Hebrew and it is the name from which Christians made their God, but the thing is Elohim is plural, defining more than one deity/God.

Elowahh means singular God. Elohiym means plural "Gods".

www.cynet.com...

There are many tries to explain this by claiming that it is defining the pluraity of the one God, but if this is true then why does it say in the translations of ancient Hebrew, and I quote

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image after our likeness…

There is also the fact that there are other ancient text that also describe these "Gods", the Watchers, or Annunaki, such as the ancient Vedic scriptures.

In the Vedas the Gods gave mankind knowledge, as well as Vimanas, or flying machines.

Vedas
The predecessors of the flying vimanas of the Sanskrit epics are the flying chariots employed by various gods in the Vedas: the Sun (see Sun chariot) and Indra and several other Vedic deities are transported by flying wheeled chariots pulled by animals, usually horses (but the Vedic god Pūsan's chariot is pulled by goats, as is that of Norse Thor).

The Rigveda does not mention Vimanas, but verses RV 1.164.47-48 have been taken as evidence for the idea of "mechanical birds":

47. kṛṣṇáṃ niyânaṃ hárayaḥ suparṇâ / apó vásānā dívam út patanti
tá âvavṛtran sádanād ṛtásyâd / íd ghṛténa pṛthivî vy ùdyate
48. dvâdaśa pradháyaś cakrám ékaṃ / trîṇi nábhyāni ká u tác ciketa
tásmin sākáṃ triśatâ ná śaṅkávo / 'rpitâḥ ṣaṣṭír ná calācalâsaḥ
"Dark the descent: the birds are golden-coloured; up to the heaven they fly robed in the waters.
Again descend they from the seat of Order, and all the earth is moistened with their fatness."
"Twelve are the fellies, and the wheel is single; three are the naves. What man hath understood it?
Therein are set together spokes three hundred and sixty, which in nowise can be loosened." (trans. Griffith)

In Swami Dayananda Saraswatis "translation", these verses become:

"jumping into space speedily with a craft using fire and water ... containing twelve stamghas (pillars), one wheel, three machines, 300 pivots, and 60 instruments."[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

Hinduism, the ancient religion of India, considers the "Vedas" composition of hymns, sacrificial formulas, and other sayings pertaining to the Gods…as sacred scriptures, "not of Human Origin". The Gods themselves composed them.

When in the 19th century, scholars began to decipher and understand forgotten languages, they realized the Vedas were written in a very ancient Indo European language, (the predecessor of the Indian "root-tongue" Sanskrit, of Greek, Latin, and the other European languages). They were surprised to see the uncanny similarity between the Vedic tales of the Gods…..and the Greek tales.

The Gods, the "Vedas" told, were all members of one large, but not necessarily peaceful, family. Amid the tales of ascents to the heavens, and descents to Earth, aerial battles, wondrous weapons, friendships, and rivalries, marriage and infidelities…..there appears to have existed a basic concern for genealogical record keeping, (who fathered whom, and who was the first born of whom).

www.strayreality.com...

The vedic scriptures talk about the ancient knowledge given to mankind by the Gods, which are the same as Annunaki, and Elohim/Elohiym.

There is mention of ancient wars, and even of humans having used nuclear weapons to fight other humans who were fighting for other Gods.

And Anu, was the Sumerian Father of Gods. The Supreme God….from the alien "Anunnaki" race. What about the other avenues of Gods who reached Greece…..from the Eastern shores of the Mediterranean, via Crete and Cypress?

www.strayreality.com...

Every ancient culture has similar stories, and they all seem to be based on at least some truth.

Any advanced beings with a very advanced civilization would be seen by ancient men as Gods, and Godesses, and we see some of them in the skies.

I know a lot of Christians like to claim that this are teachings from the devil, but they don't want to realize that they have been worshipping not the one emcompassing being that is part of all, but rather another species of people who live for a long time and these people, at least some of them, were the teachers of mankind, and possbily the ones who made mankind.

What they did not make was the spirit which exist in every one of us, and every living being.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, sorry Serbsta but you are wrong. There are many ancient cultures which say the same thing, and about the abode of the Gods which is not of this world.

Also many ancient cultures talk about a dead star/planet which brings from time to time devastation to Earth.

Sorry but it is too much of a coincidence that NASA/ESA state that until about 2012 the interstellar dust will continue to increase exponentially. Space radiation is increasing. With a lull in the activity of the Sun, energies, charged particles, plasma, and interstellar dust is entering more the Solar System and changing the climate of the planets, as well as increasing the seismic, and magmatic activity in Earth.

Too much of a coincidence sorry to say, and I know there are many people, perhaps even you, who feel safer thinking they are the beginning and end of all. That there are no more intelligent beings than them. these are the same people for the most part who believe in the AGW lie/scam, because they think they can control everything, even the Universe...

To people like you it seems that you need to destroy everything that you don't want to understand, or that shows you to be just one spec in the immensity of the infinite Universe.

You need to have control, hence you have to make believe that you have all control, hence there is nothing beyond you, or beyond your grasp.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Gamma you been on this earth 50 years of its 4.5 billion year exsistence and you claim to know whats usual and whats not? LMAO

Ive preached againist Nibiru so many times but some people will buy into anything. Nibiru is a money making scheme.

Wanna worry about true End of World Scenarios? Nukes and Asteroids would top my list not some make believe planet.

Gamma not more earthquakes than usual just more earthquakes in populated areas.

www.spacedaily.com...

But im sure you will say the scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center are part of the cover up. Right?

About the seed vaults. See this is what erks me with the Nibiru end of the world crazys they take one example and ADD PLURAL to it.

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is the only one I know about PLEASE do list all these countrys that have seed vaults.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gamma 49

With all due respect, if you had been on this Earth for 1,500,000 years and claimed that this wasn't normal I might take you at your word. Fifty years ago, seismic recording wasn't 10% of what it is today (more earthquakes reported). Fifty years ago NOAA was barely in its infancy as far as reporting anomalous weather across the globe (more freakish storms being reported). Fifty years ago only a fraction of the population had access to photographic equipment of the caliber we see today (more UFO sightings). Fifty years ago cosmologists were still trying to figure out how to correctly catalog a coronal ejecta mass without burning their retinas (more solar events reported). And lastly, even 50 years ago astrophysicists would've known that your "200 mile pole tilt" was, in actuality, an increase of only 2% in the Earth's rotational axis - not 200 miles - and it was a result of the quake under the Indian Ocean, not the approach of Wyrmwood, Nibiru or Planet X...

Google anything I just stated and tell me I'm wrong.

Or, just continue to believe that anything untoward that happens to this planet is the result of some massive coming cosmic event that is being covered up at the highest levels of the NWO - and not the internal processes of a world that has seen events like you describe come and go on much larger scales in her four billion year history.

BUT WHATEVER YOU DO PLEASE HIT THAT BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD TO YOUR LEFT THAT SAYS "CAPS"

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This has happened before, an example being Krakatoa's eruption, the preceding earthquakes were all present as well as the tsunamis afterwards, but im sure the Mayans predicted this, the Annunaki returned and Nibiru's return caused this collision, right? RIGHT??

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
following the bouncing ball

wormwood is connected to the abyss. the ab and ap prefixes were interchanged in some major mesopotamian cultures following the events described in ENMERKAR AND THE LORD OF ARRATA and the biblical tower of babel (APsinthion (wormwood) is ABsinthium).. the english translation of the old and new testaments, although incredibly helpful for less esoteric passages in scripture, has a tendency to hack the heck outta prophecy!

now let's break it down into it's parts (this is reallllllly important in prophetic context):

worm: O.E. wurm, variant of wyrm "serpent, dragon,"

wood: O.E. wudu, earlier widu "tree, trees collectively, the substance of which trees are made,"

it's the metaphor of the SERPENT IN THE TREE spoken of in the Genesis passages.

Now let's apply that data to the passages in the prophecy regarding wormwood, found in revelation 8.

Wormwood is a great star falling to the earth (this is a reference to a fallen angelic being, as the texts of revelation tell you after a star falling event, that it is a reference to a fallen angel, not an actual star, asteroid or planetary body. it's identified as a he, and further elaborated on in revelation 9 (the bottomless pit/abyss chapter). these are all connected and the thoughts do not stop on the subject just because the translators decided to put chapter and verse numbers in. chapters 8 and 9 are talking about the same event, as part of an ongoing scene, with more and more detail. sometimes even back tracking to present the same data again with more layered information employed to further define the scene.

i translated the whole thing, after much thought, that this is describing the crashing of a massive mothership, which is described as a mountain on fire (mountains and holy mountains were often interchangeable descripitions of biblical and sumerian temples). why is a holy mountain crashing to the earth in the passage? why does it specifically go into the abyss in chapter 8 and open the abyss with a key in chapter 9? just what is the abyss?

it's a .....wait for it.........wait for it....

wormhole, which apparently is being controlled by a device that requires a key, it has a door or gate with a locking mechanism on it.

the abyss is the abzu of sumerian enki, which was the gate of the gods (babel, the stairway to heaven), which is a wormhole. abyss is the root word of absinthe, which is ......wormwood.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Can you prove this is a money making scheme?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Give it a rest alright would yea. You come across as a straight up rude jackass. Tone it down and don't belittle people. I thank my lucky cosmos your down under and not here in Canada.

Where exactly have I belittled anyone, without being provoked? Im only replying to the guy that decided that writing in all caps would be a good idea. If you have a problem with my posts, use the alert button

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
All I can do is relate to you what I think, and believe. I do not profess to have all of the answers, and cannot say that Nibiru, and the Annunaki are what Sitchin says that they are.

I have read a lot of his books (all of the Earth Chronicles series), and enjoyed them immensely. Did he make mistakes, and/or use his own judgement to create his own belief system...sure. He believes it totally, and what else would you expect him to do...not? I honestly do not believe he is in it for the money, or a crackpot hoaxer...I think he truly believes the things that he has written.

I do believe that it is very possible that aliens have visited Earth, and that what is labeled the "ancient astronaut theory", has some merit. But, is Sitchin's the sole repository of knowledge on this subject? No, and he should not be...as there are many authors out there with interesting books (and horrible, crackpot books, as well) to read.

My thoughts from reading Sitchin's books was that he was always trying to piece together a lot of different events. It can get wild at times, and go off on a tangent, but he does come up with interesting theories, and bring up odd places and creations in the past.

I believe that it is possible, but as others have said, I do not think he has ever linked Nibiru's return to 2012. Again, I haven't read all of his books, but...

I also always got the idea that he was saying that it would return, not that it would smash into Earth. It could pass near our solar system, and not do a thing, except temporarily alter the orbits of planets or asteroids. If it is the other half of a binary star system, and has passed closely before, then that means it does so without too much trouble. I believe he did say that in the past, a destructive passing is what caused the creation of Earth/Moon/Kuiper Belt? (sorry, as it has been some time since I've read the books...I need to re-read them and refresh my memory on all the particulars). But, I don't think (he could very well have, and I am open to any and all corrections) he ever said it was coming to destroy Earth.

But, I will say that I quite enjoyed your OP. There are some of us who would like to believe, who can enjoy both the ancient astronaut side, and the realistic side. I fully enjoy and all explanations of ancient history, and it's myth and legends. Myth, history, language, and the roots of our civilization are all fascinating subjects, to me.

I fully appreciate the time you took to post this thread, and hope you post more. Thanks again!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I'll just throw this out there too the bible states the signs of the second coming there will be earthquakes in all places of the world and whats happening now.

Most of the earthquakes are happening around the RING OF FIRE.

Tell me where a earthquake has happened that is unusual.

I live In NC east coast of USA and ive never felt a earthquake in my life. Now when we start getting earthquakes here red flags will come up. But unless some major earthquake happens where their are extremely few im not concerned.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan

MOD EDIT

Mod Edit -

[edit on 22-4-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Is it me or is there something between you and Sitchin?! hehehehe! Just kidding!

Congrats on the thread. It's about time that someone showed up with some down to earth, logical assessment of Nibiru. Are we so desperate for change on our planet that we're willing to believe that another planet will come and crash into ours?! I know things are bad down here but, people, get a grip!

If our beautiful planet is gonna change, it will be with our help. The Humans on this blue ball in space must get over their greed and stop exploiting earths finite resources for profit. Ok! We've done it... and, like any other tendency, get over it and it's on to the next one. The next one, may i propose may be that of evolution. Let's evolve our thought process and the way we view our planet. Let's explore the alternate sources of renewable energy surrounding us instead of waiting for a doomsday to happen. And, if there is one approaching, let's unite as a people and do everything in our power to avoid it. I like my planet and the life im living.

www.costofwar.com...

Look at how fast those numbers go up...
Can you imagine all the Good we could accomplish with all of that money?! Instead we're using it to kill ourselves. With that much dough, we could probably develop new technologies to bring us close enough to SEE Nibiru.

Sorry, if i got carried away... i'm just tired of the Armageddon theories. Where the hell is my U.F.O. so i can get lifted?!

Peace

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sure as soon as you address these:

Gamma not more earthquakes than usual just more earthquakes in populated areas.

www.spacedaily.com...

But im sure you will say the scientists at the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center are part of the cover up. Right?

About the seed vaults. See this is what erks me with the Nibiru end of the world crazys they take one example and ADD PLURAL to it.

The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is the only one I know about PLEASE do list all these countrys that have seed vaults.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Yet it is a known fact that the Sun's activity is at an all time low, and during these times "real scientists" not make believe ones, have found that earthquakes/seismic, as well as magmatic activity/volcanoes do increase in activity..

Many scientists from all over the world have found out that also increase soalr activity does cause more earthquakes, and magmatic events to occur, but during low level Solar activity is when so to speak TSHTF.

SCIENCE WITHOUT BORDERS. Transactions of the International Academy of Science H & E.
Vol.3. 2007/2008, SWB, Innsbruck, 2008 ISBN 978-9952-451-01-6 ISSN 2070-0334
ABOUT POSSIBLE INFLUENCE OF SOLAR ACTIVITY UPON SEISMIC AND VOLCANIC ACTIVITIES: LONG-TERM FORECAST

*Khain V.E., **Khalilov E.N.
*Moscow State University named after M.V.Lomonosov,
**International Academy of Science H&E (Austria, Innsbruck)

It has been determined that in the period of solar activity increase (11-year
cycles) there increase seismic and volcanic activities in the compression zone of
Earth and at the same time there decreases the activity in the tension zones of Earth.
On the basis of the discovered stable 11-year and 22-year cyclicalities in the seismic and volcanic activities and their high correlation with solar activity there has been made the long-term forecast until 2018. The next maximum of seismic and volcanic activity with very high amplitude for the compression zones of Earth is forecasted for the period 2012-2015.

www.khalilov.biz...

BTW, if you want to know who Elchin Khalilov (Khalilov E.N.) is here are a few facts that anyone can corroborate...

Dr.Prof. Elchin Khalilov (Azerbaijani: Elçin Xəlilov (born On April, 26th 1959, Baku, Azerbaijan) is a famous scientist in the sphere of geodynamics, seismology and tectonics.

en.wikipedia.org...

But of course, you, and some others are going to dismiss the facts, like you always do, when you don't like what the facts say....

Solar activity as a triggering mechanism for earthquakes

John F. Simpsona, b

a Goodyear Aerospace Corporation, USA

b University of Akron, Akron, Ohio, USA

Received 7 November 1967; revised 16 December 1967. Available online 28 October 2002.

Abstract

Solar activity, as indicated by sunspots, radio noise and geomagnetic indices, plays a significant but by no means exclusive role in the triggering of earthquakes. Maximum quake frequency occurs at times of moderately high and fluctuating solar activity. Terrestrial solar flare effects which are the actual coupling mechanisms which trigger quakes appear to be either abrupt accelerations in the earth's angular velocity or surges of telluric currents in the earth's crust. The graphs presented in this paper permit probabilistic forecasting of earthquakes, and when used in conjunction with local indicators may provide a significant tool for specific earthquake prediction.

linkinghub.elsevier.com...

To find some more "peer-reviewed research" that corroborates the above...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

granted he did major in economic history...

"Zecharia Sitchin was born in Russia and raised in Palestine, where he acquired a profound knowledge of modern and ancient Hebrew, other Semitic and European languages, the Old Testament, and the history and archeology of the Near East. He is one of the few scholars who is able to read and understand Sumerian. Sitchin attended and graduated from the University of London, majoring in economic history. A leading journalist and editor in Israel for many years, he now lives and writes in New York. His books have been widely translated, converted to Braille for the blind, and featured on radio and television. "

www.think-aboutit.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

What does solar activity have to do with Nibiru being real or not.

Also i just wanna know of all the earthquakes happening in unusual places. Have any hit the east coast of the USA or Canada yet?

Cmon Nibiru people give me two earthquakes that have happened this year in a place that never experiences earthquakes.

waiting......................

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maristo316

Ah I see

Still though, all the other scholars disagree with his interpretation. Nibiru means nothing more than crossing, and can be applied to almost anything. Sitchin used it to describe a "planet". Cant think of why he would apply it to planet, unless he came up with a money making scheme

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What I dont get is why would someone put so much effort into debunking threads about Nibiru,planet x, whatever?

So what!!!! you dont buy it....allrighty then...why not just move on to something you do believe? Why waste so much time announcing your disbelief?

That seems odd to me, just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What is this? All of the Nibiru threads with the real truth get's buried? This particular Nibiru thread is only three pages long and wouldn't you know it there it is right on the front page along with the other Nibiru dis-info trash. There were other Nibiru threads with tons of evidence and facts some 25 pages long, about Nibiru and where are they? Buried.

You people aren't foolin' this old boy.

Both of these Nibiru threads on the home page are pure bs.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112

With all due respect, if you had been on this Earth for 1,500,000 years and claimed that this wasn't normal I might take you at your word. Fifty years ago, seismic recording wasn't 10% of what it is today (more earthquakes reported).

The Sun's activity in the last 100 years or so has been at the highest than from more than 1,000-1,500 years, and then sudenly the Sun went into a lull, and as i have posted, "peer reviewed research" shows that there is a connection between Solar activity, both an increase or decrease in it, and earthquakes as well as magmatic events/volcanoes and such....

Just because there were less instruments in the past it doesn't prove that we are just recording more because there are more seismic stations. on the contrary other facts such as the Solar activity tells us that there has been an increase in earthquakes, and magmatic events on Earth...

There is no way out of it. That is what the facts show, and I know there are many people who would rather believe "everything is normal" because they NEED to have some control over their lives, or at least to BELEIVE that they have control... These people are called "control freaks" and there are a lot of them these days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join