It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru This, Nibiru That: STOP, You've been punked!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Just because Sitchin uses a few elements of truth does not mean that his outlandish claims and bad translations offer any valid points.

Yet we have the stories, and even prophecies of many ancient people, and ancient texts which talk about a large planet/stellar object which causes destruction on Earth as it approaches.... Sitchin is neither the first, nor only person who has talked about Nibiru/Marduk/Wormwood/ect.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Can you please provide links to Sumerian/Babylonian tablets which evidence what you said above? You said Nibiru was talked about by the ancient people as being a large planet which will cause destruction. You seem so certain of this when I think you yourself know this is a lie. But by all means... if the evidence exists it is very easy to find. Awaiting your reply with the evidence.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Wow...so just because you don't want to accept the evidence that shows there are probably large planets, and even large interstellar objects within the Solar System you want to claim none of it shows Nibiru/Wormwood could be real?...

Go ahead and report all you want... the information shows the very real possibility of such a planet, and even brown or red star existing within the Solar System...

Nice to see that you would resort to threats when members show you evidence against your claims...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Excuse me? Evidence? What evidence have you presented? Threats? How was I threatening you?!?

Look at the OP, that is evidence. Once again, your claim:

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Yet we have the stories, and even prophecies of many ancient people, and ancient texts which talk about a large planet/stellar object which causes destruction on Earth as it approaches.... Sitchin is neither the first, nor only person who has talked about Nibiru/Marduk/Wormwood/ect.

I merely asked for evidence of where the 'prophecies' of the ancient people say this. Where is it?

[edit on 18/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Can you please provide links to Sumerian/Babylonian tablets which evidence what you said above? You said Nibiru was talked about by the ancient people as being a large planet which will cause destruction. You seem so certain of this when I think you yourself know this is a lie. But by all means... if the evidence exists it is very easy to find. Awaiting your reply with the evidence.

Humm...let's see... Even "wikipedia" ahs the following to offer...

Nibiru (also transliterated Neberu, Nebiru) is a term in the Akkadian language, translating to "crossing" or "point of transition", especially of rivers[1], i.e. river crossings or ferry-boats. In Babylonian astronomy, nibiru (in cuneiform spelled dné-bé-ru or MULni-bi-rum) is a term of the highest point of the ecliptic, i.e. the point of summer solstice, and its associated constellation. The establishment of the nibiru point is described in tablet 5 of the creation epic Enûma Eliš"

"When Marduk fixed the locations (manzazu) of Nibiru, Enlil and Ea in the sky".(2)
As the highest point in the paths of the planets, nibiru was considered the seat of the summus deus who pastures the stars like sheep, in Babylon identified with Marduk. This interpretation of Marduk as the ruler of the cosmos suggesting an early monotheist tendency in Babylonian religion by various authors.[3][4]

The corresponding constellation was in the area of Libra. The Nibiru constellation rose in the month of Tišritum, around autumnal equinox, and Nibiru was also a name for the planet Jupiter when observed in the month of Tišritum.

In the enumerations, Nibiru is mentioned at different astronomical locations in conjunction with the positions of stars and planets,(2) mostly as the "star of Marduk", as in the Enuma Elish: "Nibiru is (Marduks) star, which he made appear in the heavens . . . [130-131] The stars of heaven, let him (Nibiru) set their course; let him shepherd all the gods like sheep."[5]

The various stars or planets were not subject to any fixed interpretation. The "star of Ea", for example, was described at various "revelation spots" including Vela, Fomalhaut, and Venus. Similar interpretations were made for the other "stars of the gods", so certain celestial coordinates where the "stars of the gods" appeared must be considered.[2]

Nibiru is described more closely on a complete cuneiform tablet:[6]

Nibiru, which is said to have occupied the passageways of heaven and earth, because everyone above and below asks Nibiru if they cannot find the passage. Nibiru is Marduks star which the gods in heaven caused to be visible. Nibiru stands as a post at the turning point. The others say of Nibiru the post: "The one who crosses the middle of the sea (Tiamat) without calm, may his name be Nibiru, for he takes up the center of it". The path of the stars of the sky should be kept unchanged.
Böhl calls the text "objectively the most difficult passage, although it has been handed down in its entirety. The Nibiru tablet does not provide any essential help for the clarification."[7]

In the MUL.APIN, Nibiru is identified as Jupiter:

"When the stars of Enlil have been finished, one big star – although its light is dim – divides the sky in half and stands there: that is, the star of Marduk (MUL dAMAR.UD), Nibiru (né-bé-ru), Jupiter (MULSAG.ME.GAR); it keeps changing its position and crosses the sky."
Conversely, Tablets K.6174:9’ and K.12769:6’ refer to it as Mercury: "If Mercury (MULUDU.IDIM.GU4) divides the sky and stands there, [its name] is Nibiru.

en.wikipedia.org...(Babylonian_astronomy)

Nice reseach you have done...you didn't find the above yet you claimed you did your proper research?....

The tablets talk of it as a star. There could have been confusions of it also being Jupiter, but as the tablets explain...

As the highest point in the paths of the planets, nibiru was considered the seat of the summus deus who pastures the stars like sheep, in Babylon identified with Marduk.

As to other cultures talking about a large planet or stellar object causing disasters... I already posted this btw.

"And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter." (Revelation 8:10, 11 - KJB).

The Vedic scriptures also talk about the "deva-lokas" or planet of the Gods. They tell us stories of how ancient Gods gave mankind vimanas (flying chariots), and weapons to be used against other Gods, and men who fought for other Gods, and Goddesses.

They also tell us about weapons, similar to machine guns being used in past wars, and even nuclear explosions. These Gods, and Goddesses who came from other stars gave mankind knowledge and technology.

For example, from the Mahabharata we find this about our past.

"...(it was) a single projectile
Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns
Rose in all its splendor
..."

Here is a link where I showed some of the stories from the Vedas.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a common theme accross most if not all cultures around the world which speak about the gods, and Goddesses being from other planets, as well as the mention of a planet, or stellar object which brings destruction as it nears.

I gave even the prophecy of the Maya/Hopi which speak about a red planet appearing in the sky and bringing much destruction. Yet you want to claim there are no such texts, or ancient stories?....

[edit on 18-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I merely asked for evidence of where the 'prophecies' of the ancient people say this. Where is it?

For crying out loud I gave several excerpts in past posts in this thread... Keep up with what is being said instead of claiming no such evidence has been giving when in fact we have...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

No. You said there were prophecies in regards to Nibiru coming and destroying the world. What you have presented above is questionable information and does not support Nibiru existing or coming to destroy Earth. Examine the available tablets at the ETSCL (Electronic Text Corpus of Sumerian Literature) and find the tablets which supports what you said earlier, that there is a prophecy which says Nibiru will come and destroy the Earth. You won't find it because this tablet does not exist. Don't say one thing and then immediately switch to another in order to make yourself look like some sort of victim, from your posts its obvious that you can comprehend the English language pretty well, so don't try and run circles around me. You stated there is a prophecy by the ancient people which says Nibiru will come and destroy the world. I gave you a source above which would have a tablet that said this if it existed, that tablet does not exist. Again, lets address the specific issue in question, this thread is not about Hindu's or Hopi's but Sumerian/Babylonian translations, ones which you claim exist in support of your theory, when in fact they don't. Does that make you a liar?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
BTW, here is a link with videos to what Oppenheimer, father of the modern atomic world had to say about nuclear weapons. Also I am excerpting part of the Vedas

This is from the ancient Hindu text the Mahabharata.

“Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana [fast aircraft],
hurled a single projectile [rocket]
charged with the power of the Universe [nuclear device].

An incandescent column of smoke and flame,
as bright as ten thousand suns,
rose with all its splendour.

It was an unknown weapon,
an iron thunderbolt,
a gigantic messenger of death,
which reduced to ashes
the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

The corpses were so burned
as to be unrecognizable.

Hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
and the birds turned white.

…After a few hours
all foodstuffs were infected…
…to escape from this fire
the soldiers threw themselves in streams
to wash themselves and their equipment.”

A second passage.

“Dense arrows of flame,
like a great shower,
issued forth upon creation,
encompassing the enemy.
A thick gloom swiftly settled upon the Pandava hosts.
All points of the compass were lost in darkness.
Fierce wind began to blow
Clouds roared upward,
showering dust and gravel.

Birds croaked madly…
the very elements seemed disturbed.
The sun seemed to waver in the heavens
The earth shook,
scorched by the terrible violent heat of this weapon.

Elephants burst into flame
and ran to and fro in a frenzy…
over a vast area,
other animals crumpled to the ground and died.
From all points of the compass
the arrows of flame rained continuously and fiercely.” — The Mahabharata

From the Ramayana

”(It was a weapon) so powerful
that it could destroy the earth in an instant–
A great soaring sound in smoke and flames–
And on it sits death…” . — The Ramayana

mathildasweirdworldweblog.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Please stay on topic, refer to this post.

This thread is not about Hopi's or Hindu's.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Me the vicitm?... I was not the one threatening to "talk to mods because you don't like the information being provided..."

The information has been provided, and I have provided the prophecies too. It is not my fault that you just want to deny, and deny what the ancient people have told us with their texts and prophecies...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

You claimed the ancients had no prophecies about a planet, or star bringing destruction... Sorry but the Hopi/Maya, and the biblical passages are part of the ancient knowledge...

Let me quote you again because apparently you have a very bad memory.

I merely asked for evidence of where the prophecies of the ancient people say this. Where is it?

Now you are going to claim you never wrote this?...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You claimed the ancients had no prophecies about a planet, or star bringing destruction... Sorry but the Hopi/Maya, and the biblical passages are part of the ancient knowledge...

Let me quote you again because apparently you have a very bad memory.

I merely asked for evidence of where the prophecies of the ancient people say this. Where is it?

Now you are going to claim you never wrote this?...

Wow, that constitutes ancient evidence? That's weak.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

You claimed the ancients had no prophecies about a planet, or star bringing destruction...

No. You claimed the ancients had prophecies about Nibiru bringing destruction. That is what YOU claimed. You have no evidence to support this because there is no evidence to support this. Thankyou.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Here we go again. The 20AU anomaly does not suggest a some large stellar object. The posted article does not state the existence of any point source object. It surmises the existence of spread out mass, not a point source such as a planet. Furthermore, the mass they suppose is not stellar in quantity.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Not true. There are tales of destruction in many mythologies including some tales such as floods that have happened. None of the flood stories are true. Claims that the myths were talking about planets is also unproved. The planet claims are misrepresentations of the tales.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Again you misrepresent the astronomical data. Something canbe in our solar system and yet 1/3 of a light year out there. The information does not suggest a very real possibility. Even the "Persistent Evidence of a Jovian Mass Solar Companion in the Oort Cloud" article has a low probability.

So you have not posted evidence. You have made a concerted effort to misrepresent the evidence.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
BTW, here is another translation of part of the Enuma Elish which describe Nibiru/Marduk and what the star brings.

... the star, which shineth in the heavens.
May he hold the Beginning and the Future, may they pay homage unto him,
Saying
, "He who forced his way through the midst of Tiamat without resting,
Let his name be Nibiru, 'the Seizer of the Midst'!
For the stars of heaven he upheld the paths,
He shepherded all the gods like sheep
!
He conquered Tiamat, he troubled and ended her life,"
In the future of mankind, when the days grow old,
May this be heard without ceasing; may it hold sway forever!
Since he created the realm of heaven and fashioned the firm earth,
The Lord of the World," the father Bel hath called his name.
This title, which all the Spirits of Heaven proclaimed,
Did Ea hear, and his spirit was rejoiced, and he said:
"He whose name his fathers have made glorious,
Shall be even as I, his name shall be Ea!
The binding of all my decrees shall he control,
All my commands shall he make known! "
By the name of "Fifty " did the great gods
Proclaim his fifty names, they, made his path preeminent.

wch.utep.edu...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

How is that in any way saying there will be destruction or in any way supporting what you said?

Evidently you have trouble understanding basic rhetoric and don't even legitimately try and stick up for what you said. You made a claim, a delusional claim which has become common place among Nibiru cultists, one which has no actual evidence to support it, no Sumerian/Babylonian tablets say that Nibiru will come and destroy the world, etc. Please stop running around in circles.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

No, I showed that you are the one misrepresenting the information being given just because you can't accept being wrong...

I showed papers, and the statements from astronomers that there could be a Mars size, even Earth sized and larger planet within 70AU, yet you claimed no such planet can be within 320AU, yet I showed comments from astronomers such as:

Alan Boss, a planet-formation theorist at the Carnegie Institute in Washington, DC, agrees that a passing star or dense cloud of gas is the more likely cause for Sednas strange travels. Boss said it would be "hard to imagine" forming an Earth-sized object out where the interaction would have taken place.

Region to explore

But Brown said there is one unexplored region of space left, amounting to about 20 percent of the sky, that hasnt been searched for an Earth-sized object that would be orbiting at 70 AU and presumably in the main plane of the solar system. It is the region toward the bright galactic center, which is harder to search.

www.space.com...

In that same link it can be read that...

Browns team said they thought Sedna should be counted as the first known object of the otherwise theoretical Oort Cloud. The distant reservoir of small icy objects is thought to exist based on the orbits of some comets that zoom through the inner solar system now and then, and then disappear into deep space.

Nobody knows what's actually in the Oort Cloud, however.

"I would say that is likely" Stern said in regards to possible Earth-sized planets in the Oort Cloud. In the early years of the solar system, he explained, objects as massive as Earth are thought to have hit Uranus and Neptune. Computer simulations show most of the hypothetical Earth-mass objects "would be ejected from the outer planets region, not accumulated in Uranus and Neptune, so we could someday find these frozen relics in the Oort Cloud."

www.space.com...

Sedna is within 88AU, and in the above statement Stern stipulates that Sedna should be counted as being part of the Oort cloud, which is different from the old theory that the Oort cloud starts at 2,000AU.

We have discussed this already, yet you want to reach your own conclusion when several astronomers think differently than you...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

How is that in any way saying there will be destruction or in any way supporting what you said?

Really?... wow...so a star, in this case called Nibiru which "forced his way through the midst of Tiamat. A star which upheld the paths of other stars, troubled and ended the life of Tiamat, and which it is said it created the realm of heaven, and FASHIONED THE FIRM EARTH" tells us nothing about such a star bringing changes and destruction?....

...the star, which shineth in the heavens.
May he hold the Beginning and the Future, may they pay homage unto him,
Saying, "He who forced his way through the midst of Tiamat without resting,
Let his name be Nibiru, 'the Seizer of the Midst'!
For the stars of heaven he upheld the paths,
He shepherded all the gods like sheep!
He conquered Tiamat, he troubled and ended her life,"
In the future of mankind, when the days grow old,
May this be heard without ceasing; may it hold sway forever!
Since he created the realm of heaven and fashioned the firm earth,

wch.utep.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join