It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru This, Nibiru That: STOP, You've been punked!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

The claims in this video are all unsubstantiated until we get to comet NEAT.

Claims we can check:
1. NEAT was 2x Jupiter
2. The sun ejected material at the comet
3. The ejection changed the course of the comet
4. 10,000 years ago the Sumerians made predictions

1. The word size is used in this case to mean the dimensions of the object, not its mass. Gravity is not based on size, but on mass.

NEAT

Andreas Kammerer analyzed the brightness trend of this comet and has stated that the rapid increase in brightness "is typical of a small nucleus."

The comet was not heavy. It was light. It acted light a low mass object.

2. In fact what we see is a flat image. All of the 3-d information is gone. So in the image we cannot tell if the ejection was towards the comet. It might have been in front or behind. After the comet leaves another ejection begins. Is the sun "consciously" throwing material at an invisible enemy?

Of course not. This is all a baloney narrative. Ejections happen all of the time. With the length of time NEAT was in the inner solar system it's not surprising that an ejection occurred. In fact, right after NEAT is off the image another ejection occurs.

3. The comets course can be seen to be a smooth curve. The observations from earth do not show a change in orbit of comet NEAT. The comet was like all other comets in following a predicted path around the sun. The only thing I can imagine is that the narrator is unaware that celestial objects have curved orbits.

4. The earliest Sumerian texts are much less than 10,000 years old. Obviously a huge gaffe on the narrators part.

In summary, this is a video done by someone that does not understand anything about astronomy or even basic physics and is seriously embarrassing himself with every word spoken.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by nethawk

You can stay, or leave, it is up to you, but then again, just tell me what is causing the following, among many other things occurring in the Solar System as we speak...

[Secular increase of the astronomical unit]

i'm not really sure what this has to do with anything in the OP but an AU is not really completely accurate because it is based on the hypothesized weight of the sun. if the weight of the sun goes up or down it will change what an AU is defined as.

i'm not sure why, to you, this change automatically means there is another object in the solar system that we're not aware of.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Personally i am not sure if planet nibiru is coming or not, but i'm certainly keeping an open mind and a close eye on the stars. If you have ever taken the time to read the bible, that book that many people hate, you will know it talks about 'a generation that will not pass away until all these things occur'. What are all these things that will 'occur'. Let me tell you. An increase in lawlessness. Earthquakes in one place after another, wars and reports of wars, SIGNS IN SUN AND MOON AND STARS, and a great tribulation that has not occured since the beginning of time until now, nor never again. Could we be a part of this 'generation that will not pass away?' It is obvious to me that within the last 50 years people have changed profoundly! The world has changed profoundly! Relatively speaking, in such a short time. The bible didn't need to be specific about this generation because at the right time it would be very obvious. And if there are signs in sun and moon and stars, this seems to lend credibility to the nibiru theory! I am totally in awe of what will happen in the next five years. Peace and well-being to all of you who are open minded enough to have accepted this amazing realization in these last days.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Convex

Actually the mean distance between the earth and sun is an AU. It's not the closest, not the farthest, but the average.

It's just an easy unit of measure to use when measuring the distance to objects using parallax.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
1. What is the origin of the prediction that the world will end in December 2012?
The story started with claims that Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth. Zecharia Sitchin, who writes fiction about the ancient Mesopotamian civilization of Sumer, claimed in several books (e.g., The Twelfth Planet, published in 1976) that he has found and translated Sumerian documents that identify the planet Nibiru, orbiting the Sun every 3600 years. These Sumerian fables include stories of “ancient astronauts” visiting Earth from a civilization of aliens called the Anunnaki. Then Nancy Lieder, a self-declared psychic who claims she is channeling aliens, wrote on her website Zetatalk that the inhabitants of a fictional planet around the star Zeta Reticuli warned her that the Earth was in danger from Planet X or Nibiru. This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012. Only recently have these two fables been linked to the end of the Mayan long-count at the winter solstice in 2012 – hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

2. The Sumerians were the first great civilization, and they made many accurate astronomical predictions, including the existence of the planets Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. So why should we not believe their predictions about Nibiru?
Nibiru is a name in Babylonian astrology sometimes associated with the god Marduk. Nibiru appears as a minor character in the Babylonian creation poem Enuma Elish as recorded in the library of Assurbanipal, King of Assyria (668-627 BCE). Sumer flourished much earlier, from about the 23rd century to the 17th century BCE. The claims that Nibiru is a planet and was known to the Sumerians are contradicted by scholars who (unlike Zecharia Sitchin) study and translate the written records of ancient Mesopotamia. Sumer was indeed a great civilization, important for the development of agriculture, water management, urban life, and especially writing. However, they left very few records dealing with astronomy. Certainly they did not know about the existence of Uranus, Neptune or Pluto. They also had no understanding that the planets orbited the Sun, an idea that first developed in ancient Greece two millennia after the end of Sumer. Claims that Sumerians had a sophisticated astronomy, or that they even had a god named Nibiru, are the product of Sitchin’s imagination.

Can you explain the fact that the area at (5h 53m 27s, -6 10’ 58”) has been blackened out in Google Sky and Microsoft Telescope? People suggest that these have been blackened out because those are the co-ordinates where Nibiru is located at present.
Several people have asked me about this blank rectangle in Orion in Google Sky, which is a presentation of images from the Sloan Digital Survey. This can’t be a “hiding place” for Nibiru, since it is a part of the sky that could be seen from almost everywhere on the Earth in the winter of 2007-08 when much of the talk about Nibiru began. That would contradict the claims that Nibiru was hiding behind the Sun or that it could be seen only from the southern hemisphere. But I too was curious about this blank rectangle, so I asked a friend who is a senior scientist at Google. He replied that he “found out that the missing data is due to a processing error in the image stitching program we use to display the Sloan survey images. The team assures me that in the next run through, this will be fixed!”

10. What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours? Does this have something to do to do with our solar system dipping beneath the galactic equator?
A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. It has never happened and never will. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway. But they falsely claim that a magnetic reversal is coming soon (in 2012) and that this is the same as, or will trigger, a reversal of rotational poles. The bottom line is: (a) Rotation direction and magnetic polarity are not related. (b) There is no reason to expect a reversal of magnetic polarity any time soon, or to anticipate any bad effects on life when it does eventually happen. © A sudden shift in rotational pole with disastrous consequences is impossible. Also, none of this has anything to do with the galactic equator or any of the other nonsense about alignments that appears on many of the conspiracy theory websites

14. I have heard that the Earth’s magnetic field will flip in 2012 just when the strongest level of solar storms in history is predicted to take place. Will this kill us or destroy our civilization?
Near solar maximum (which happens every 11 years approximately), there are many more solar flares and coronal mass ejections than near solar minimum. Flares and mass ejections are no danger for humans or other life on Earth. They could endanger astronauts in deep space or on the Moon, and this is something that NASA must learn to deal with, but it is not a problem for you or me. Large outbursts can interrupt radio transmission, cause bright displays of the aurora (Northern and Southern Lights), and damage the electronics of some satellites in space. Today many satellites are designed to deal with this possibility, for example by switching off some of their more delicate circuits and going into a “safe” mode for a few hours. In extreme cases solar activity can also disrupt electrical transmissions on the ground, possibly leading to electrical blackouts, but this is rare.

The last solar maximum occurred in 2001, so the next one was predicted for around 2012, 11 years later. However, the most recent solar minimum was unusual, with a period of a couple of years with almost no sunspots or other indications of solar activity, so scientists now guess that the next maximum will be delayed, perhaps to 2013. However, the details of the solar cycle remain basically unpredictable.

You are correct that the Earth’s magnetic field protects us by creating a large region in space, called the Earth’s magnetosphere, within which most of the material ejected from the Sun is captured or deflected, but there is no reason to expect a reversal of magnetic polarity any time soon. These magnetic reversals happen only once in 400,000 years on average.

astrobiology.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
LOL at the hate for Sitchin. are you the one who posted the site

sitchiniswrong.com?

I laugh at that guy. He sounds like his ego is hurt and is pissed somebody is basically debunking his work and is counter-attacking.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Have you examined what he has posted or are you just making up your mind before even looking at it? Have a look at what he has and then compare it to the books you've read that Sitchin has written (I assume you've read them). You may be surprised.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Have you examined what he has posted or are you just making up your mind before even looking at it? Have a look at what he has and then compare it to the books you've read that Sitchin has written (I assume you've read them). You may be surprised.

I have and laugh at it! He sounds like a grammar Nazi! What if they got it wrong? With the events with the Russian diplomat and Australia going under mass UFO's. I would say Sitchin has a plausible case.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sitchin fails on his translations.
Sitchin fails on issues of astronomy.
Sitchin fails on issues of physics.

The one thing he did get right was parting fools from their money.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta

Here I forgot to add a video for you on a class lecture done by Dr. David Neiman. He talks all about how the translation of language and how it is broken down. Hell, he even mentions about Enki and Enlil in his class lectures. So Sitchin wasn't wrong.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the great video. Enjoying it. The video does not support Sitchin. It disputes Sitchin by offering valid translations.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Thanks for the great video. Enjoying it. The video does not support Sitchin. It disputes Sitchin by offering valid translations.

It supports it. Temple of Enlil?

You also have to know several languages just to crack the code for Sumeria.

I would hate to learn Babylonian cuneiform because you also have to know math.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Do the research yourself. We don't need youtube videos.

There is nothing that supports Sitchin's translations.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Punked by Nibiru? 95% of stuff on ATS is punked I would have thought. Great entertainment though

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Punked by Nibiru? 95% of stuff on ATS is punked I would have thought. Great entertainment though

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Just because Sitchin uses a few elements of truth does not mean that his outlandish claims and bad translations offer any valid points.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You know what I find weird? That there is a bible. That there is a qu'ran. That greek mythology exists. Why would anyone, if not only without SEEING it with their full eyes, HEAR IT and be AFFECTED by it, why would anyone AT ALL believe in a supposed "god" that came from "heaven" (sky), or flying chariots thast came from the sun, that supposed high arc of beings taught them this and taught them that, created this and created that, and created them. They were responsible for this and resposible for that. Why would an ENTIRE nation put there WHOLE faith in something like that if they did not have any proof. Im not saying proof exists (well, if you think about maybe it does cough missing link cough poof cough human), but what i mean as proof is as something that changed them, that they know changed them. IN thsoe times they had what they had. Wheels, wagons, you get the idea. So how else would they describe what they saw, if they saw anything at all?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InfinityGAK

you know even people like George Carlin believe the Anunnaki theory. Yeah, humans just came up with mathematics out of the blue or invented the wheel. People just call it myth because they have no "proof" but hey there are those vedas manuscripts in India. they have far greater detail than the sumerians story have.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So a dead comedian is evidence in support of this wild story?

The only so-called evidence really is supposing that myths are history. Myths from most cultures include talking animals. Care to explain why that part of the myths doesn't hold true.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Convex
i'm not sure why, to you, this change automatically means there is another object in the solar system that we're not aware of.

Because at a certain distance, about 20 AU from the Sun there is an acceleration which can't be explained. There are theories that it is a sunward acceleration, but astronomers are not sure as I have shown.

Appart from that the entire Solar System has been undergoing changes, including the Sun, that can only be explained by some large stellar object.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join