It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flights resume as ash fear recedes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Flights resume as ash fear recedes

news.bbc.co.uk

The UK Met Office is still detecting an ash cloud in European airspace, so why is it now safe to allow planes to fly?

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bmvbs.de

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As I have thought from the start, was this blanket ban based upon one group of individuals who did not have the backbone to make a educated decision. Was it a case of "Jobsworth" or was there really a serious threat to aviation.

Additionally, DLR (the Germany aerospace and spacecraft research agency) carried out a test flight on 19 April. Link to the report enclosed.

www.bmvbs.de...

Edit to add DLR Test Flight Llink.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/4/2010 by TheLoneArcher]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

The flight ban was put in place because of what the computer models were telling them. Not one person in charge of this mess had the nerve to actually check out the real conditions by sending some military flights up there to investigate. Clueless leadership that listens to computers instead of taking control and making command decisions.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

That would make sense. UK military bases send weather ships up each morning. These could have been used to carry out realtime measurements and this could have been used to dictate the overall flight conditions. During my time in Flight Test at Airbus, we used to fit lasers to the aircraft in order to measure dust particles over the wing during flight. Surely, a similar system cold have been utilised in this case.

Or, was there more to this than we are being told?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
All I know is that for the past few days I have enjoyed crystal clear skies... then today the blue has been replaced with white whispy clouds which at present you can make out being caused by the aeroplanes flying again... by tomorrow it will all be white and hazzy and you would just think its 'cloud'. This is the first time I have ever seen just how much of the supposed cloud base contrails makeup.

What's even more amazing is its my wife who knows nothing about contrails etc. who noticed it first...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just a handy little tool so you can keep an eye on where flights are going or not,

www.flightradar24.com...

When i heard a plane last night very low for the first time i checked it out on there right away lol,

I think i have turned in to a blimming plane spotter this week!!!!

top topics

join