It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some of the better UFOlogy books out there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
And by what authors?

Im looking for books with a lot of UFO/ET history in them. MJ12 type stuff...Roswell....the works.

Much appreciated.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
And by what authors?

Im looking for books with a lot of UFO/ET history in them. MJ12 type stuff...Roswell....the works.

Much appreciated.

My personal favorite and the ONLY one I've read was "The Day After Roswell" by Corso...Hmmm.. and I still haven't had the courge to get past the 2nd half of the book .. Just the way it's written, IMO, the way he describes how SoP's were conducted and military talk match up correctly with the military standard....

Personally, I believe him..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
They are pretty old now, but anyone with an interest in the subject should read

Operation Trojan Horse... John Keel

Passport to Magonia, The UFO Enigma, Dimensions & Anatomy of a Phenomenon....... Jacques Vallee

The UFO Handbook........ Alan Hendry is a good all round background to, how to report a UFO and how to read between the lines of a witness's description.

Any of the books by Timothy Good are worth a read, as are me old mucker Nick Redfern's

Other older books worth a read are..

Situation Red... Leonard H Stringfield

Without Consent... Carl Nagaitis & Phillip Mantle .. missing time and abductions in the UK.

Skycrash... Brenda Butler, Dot Stevens, Jenny Randles about Rendlesham

The UFO Encyclopedia...John Spencer

Flying Saucers are Hostile.... Brad Steiger & Joan Whritenour

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
What about anything by Stanton Friedman or Steven Greer?

Ive heard Greer's disclosure novel was a huge hit and Friedman's book about the Majestic 12 was great.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Again "The day after roswell" is a good book. Im not quite sure about the second half of the book. But for the first I deffo believe him.
Another I read was "cariot of the gods" By that German guy whos name escapes me. I thought that was a brill book. Im sure some of its outdated by now but it still raises some very interesting questions

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I loved Operation: Trojan Horse. Shame it's out of print now. On topic, for a thorough history of UFOs and the military in the US get The Hynek UFO Report by J. Allen Hynek, The Flying Saucers are Real by Donald Keyhoe, and UFOs and the National Security State by Richard M. Dolan.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

There's a great recommended reading list here but I'd say probably one of the most important books I've read on the UFO subject is this one:

'Clear Intent' by Lawrence Fawcett and Barry Greenwood.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09e10597b278.jpg[/atsimg]

Every few years a book is published that con­tributes enormously to our understanding of the UFO subject. In 1984 a book appeared that added great­ly to our understanding of the secrecy practiced by the American government in their dealings with UFO sightings.

Clear Intent was written by Lawrence Fawcett and Barry Greenwood, who were instrumental in obtaining doc­uments de-classified under the American Freedom of Information Act passed in the late 1970s.

These documents demonstrated conclusively that during the years when the FBI, CIA and NSA (National Security Agency) had publicly claimed not to be active in UFO investigation - the opposite was in fact true.

The book concentrated on hitherto unknown inci­dents where UFOs had appeared over top-secret mili­tary bases in America and Canada. Clear Intent showed that some level of conspiracy was involved in purposely hiding this information and hence deceiv­ing the general public.

At the time of its publication Clear Intent was hailed as one of the most important books available. Unsurprisingly, because of a similar regime in operation, it never saw publication in the UK.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I really like "Alien Agenda" by Jim Marrs. It covers everything from ancient astronaut theory to roswell to remote viewing and everything in between. I've read it twice and could totally read it again. Hope that helps.

CoffeeGeek

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Ive been told a few but the one im trying to get a hold of is chariots of the gods, but local libruary hasnt even got it on the data base? Strange as was the look when i asked.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
ABOVE TOP SECRET, by Timothy Good is a good starting point. Well researched, non-sensationalist look at the topic.

'Chariots of the Gods' has done serious UFO and ET research a lot of harm as it is factually innaccurate and Von Daniken doesn't do his homework properly. Be very critical in everything that you read as many books on this subject are absolute rubbish!

My comments on Von Daniken do not mean there is nothing in the Extraterrestrial Intervention/Ancient Alien hypothesis. However, bad research makes the job of the debunkers easy. They can focus on poorly researched best sellers and everybody thinks, 'OK then, its all fantasy',and goes back to work!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Pimander]

top topics

join