It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on campers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Again its a mixed arguement though i think they are annoying however you cant completely play with out camping. Some times you see a guy in the distance and youll stand there or pick him off etc so toa degree its needed I think repetitive campers are annoying but not as bad as people make it out to be

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It's a tricky one. On one hand you can see where they're coming from because you have to use your brain in situations and it makes the game a bit more interesting trying to kill the guy sniping on the roof or w/e.
However it is annoying when they literally do not move from the same spot and keep killing everyone, but fair play to them if people are stupid enough to run into their trap.

posted on Apr, 16 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
exactly its a game that you should be trying to win. if camping yeilds the best results , them camp ffs.

if you get killed by the same camper twice, youre an idiot and should go play on you wii.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't mind campers and its the stupidity of those who know where you are but keep coming back and getting shot,then having a go at you that annoy me.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I recommend;
less QQ more PewPew

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
For me when i start a game i move from one spot to the other, styaing there for a short time untill i find a sweet spot and take them out, so if that called camping then o well

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Theoretically, camping can yield results. But Im not pissed at campers camping against me, but Im pissed at campers working WITH me.

To further shed light on this dilemma, consider the circumstance. If our situation called for multiple people to acquire positions that would be advantageous to the team, then it is only natural to acquire them if its to yield results.

Sadly, the camping mentality is selfish and is more a liability than it is an asset.
Consider the same circumstance, except people decided to "camp" useless positions in order to preserve their already bad K/D. Then the opportunity cost is the advantage that the team would of had, if it's players weren't so concerned about holding positions that dont yield anything.

AND THATS THE PROBLEM.
I can't stress enough how many times it can cost victory if "camping" is the way players are going to play. Acquiring defensive positions isnt camping, when it works in conjunction of the best intrests of the team. Camping is when you look after your own self interest, yet you yield little to nothing profitable for NOT ONLY yourself, but for others as well.

And thats also why people get pissed off by being killed by a camper. Its taking positions that don't do # yet you have to spend X amount of time re-spawning and losing Y amount of opportunity because of it. NO ONE WINS!

How can anyone be proud of that?
edit on 19-4-2011 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

It's the smart move, but I personally don't do that in any game. It doesn't seem as precalent as it used to be. Now it's more of a let's spaz out and see if we can get kills. This is the reason I abondaned COD.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join