It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on campers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I hated MW2 and world at war. With teams of 9 vs 9 at most a few people camping does nothing but hurt your own team. I thought it was the worst game ever made from the COD series, it was poorly ported over to PC and you can clearly see that it is a game meant for consoles.
Anyways MW2 is fail. The only way to fix it is to play like this.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I too play CoDMW2 but unlike you, I do the very opposite of camping. And Yes NOTHING pisses me off more than a camping noob. Like seriously, learn how to play the game. I have called at 50 tactical nukes and I can tell you I never got ONE nuke from camping.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Campers?

who cares if you camp? they can't cope with it? cant adapt?

nope, so they whine like n00bz.

I myself though?

I am a griefer, my sole intent to play any online game is the ruin the fun of others and make them feel frustrated and possibly ragequit.

I mean if you allow me to be able to cause you such grief, perhaps your mind can't distinguish fantasy from reality therefor you are not psychologically equipped to play video game and shouldn't attempt it.

Camp on bro, just don't be mad when I team kill you.

ps: less QQ moar PEWPEW?

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Lysergic]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
In MMORPG's, where the term was first coined..."camping" was actually a little different.

It often meant camping in one spot to fight the same AI controlled monster over and over again, until you get some kind of unique treasure item as a drop.

This is fine for getting one drop of it..., except that an entire group doing this, with each person trying to get their turn at the item, can really prevent others from having a shot at the same thing...for HOURS....

My solution was simple, I simply didn't care about such items. I formed a guild and had people GIVE me stuff, so I only "camped" for fun (and never for long) to help out others for a bit until I got bored and moved on to something more exciting... I was definitely more of the "explorer" type player...

lol someone played EQ

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Someone mind giving me a rundown on all the acronyms so I know what the heck your talking about?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

haha... i know what you mean...

I've actually quit gaming since this was written... not for any of the reason in the OP... other reasons... although that probably a whole new thread.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

is it cuz i griefed you and you had to ragequit?

:p

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

You started the thread! What the heck is an eod mm2 or whatever.

Yes, a very girly question.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Camping is a part of the game, and you have to learn to live with it. Games are now adding things like kill cams and such to help alleviate it, but the smart camper can use that to his advantage and set up ambushes for people who find out where he is and come for revenge.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

LOL - sorry i thought you was refering to Lysergic comment...

ps: less QQ moar PEWPEW?

Sorry... my mistake...

COD = Call of duty (computer game)

MW2 = Modern Warfare 2 (part of the call of duty range of games)

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Since I run a xbox 360 gaming community for FPS the genre (specifically the COD series), I have heard it all. I have been b*tched at for camping. I have b*tched at others for camping. I've played with gamers who complain about campers. And I have played with gamers who understand that camping (for the most part) is simply a tactic (that can be overcome).

In a MW2 specific sense, I think the problem people hate is that so many people want to get those huge killstreaks built up, that theyll camp for their Harrier (7 killstreak) so it can start doing work for them. Getting a harrier-pavelow-ac130 can be such a game changer, that many feel justified in doing so.

I think that problem will be fixed in BlackOps. The killstreaks won't be cumulative so whatever kills your air strike, attack choppper, etc get you--won't count towards the next killstreak award. In other words, every killstreak award is only based off of the kills you get with the gun in your hand. Not camping in a corner while you call in chopper after chopper.

One final note on camping and spawn trapping. You can complain all you want, but that is how the pro's play. Nothing is "cheap" when money is hanging in the balance. The only thing that counts is the W or L. But I do understand the frustration of being a recreational gamer and running around the map to have fun, yet you get shot in the back by some guy camping in dark corner on the edge of the map because he's soo afraid of dying once lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Yeah, a lot of this is going to be fixed in BlackOps. I've just received my new game informer and WOW!!! The new game modes look amazing. I'm gonna have to get my xbox back and get into the mix again.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
People hate camping because its soo damn effective and they don't have the attention span to sit for more than 3 seconds in any one location, so they can't be effective at it even if they decided to do it.

I like camping because is absolutely hilarious to kill the same person over and over trying to get revenge on you, all you have to do is change the corner or angle you are at just a little bit and the next time they come for you they almost ALWAYS seem to think your in the same exact spot, so you smoke em over and over until they send you "the camping message"...

I like all styles of play though really, sometimes I will run around like a maniac to flank the other team and go to town knifing them apart. If I get close to a killstreak ill camp and be pretty carefull...I don't know to each their own and everyone complains about someone else doing something effective in that game it cracks me up. From campers, to nubetubers, to themal. Its almost like the Usain Bolt double shotgun approach is THE only approach that gets respected lol....its like they think its Unreal Tournament or something....

Keep camping keep killin, just delete the messages

~sly~

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The REASON for camping is different in many MMORPGs.

Usually, it's a bunch of folks fighting the same foe over and over, until they get the rare "item" or whatever, the foe randomly has.

Personally, I think this takes the RP out of the MMORPG....(and would bore me to tears)

For the OP, I get it, "walking" isn't fun, but catching someone unawares, is...

It's the same reason I drop $5 in quarters at the theme park, by the rafting ride, for the spray jets....to get unsuspecting park goers wet with a blast from a water cannon (it's positioned right at the start of the raft ride, before they expect to get wet in the rapids)... I'm REALLY good at the timing too, and will almost always get the entire "crew" of passengers soaked with one shot, hehe...
C'mon, they didn't go on it to stay dry...so I make sure they get what they're looking for...

When they shake their fists in anger, I know they're really saying "Thanks!"

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
games need campers...without them your teams score would be smaller.....and you wouldn't win half of the time

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We camped but when we shot people really died. Nothing like being in real war vs a vid game.
I laugh when some one gets pwned by a camper and gos into a fit. But thats just me.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
camp all you want if it makes you happier, there is a better way to play although. i go completely aggressive and place my shots carefully, this tactic serves me well. kids today do not use the wold gay as in homosexual but as in lame and just about everything is lame. camping is lame.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
In Counter strike source in mapes liek assualt the terrorist side camps and waits for the Counter terrorists to invade, if you runout initially you will get shot
Best tactic is to wait and get a good mid-long range weapon or wait at the half down roller door with a rifle as many do
This accepted and in CS there are campers but for some reason im not bothered by them as much as it blends with the game play. In COD however I find its more annoying as the game GENERALLY requires less tactics then CS its more of a run and gun game and if you have campers I think it just annoys people and yes it can get annoying but some people take it very seriously and block players who do it but again if they cant handle that maybe they should play I think?
as most these whingers ive heard are self proclaimed cod pro's but cant hack different tactics

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
if its in the game then use it,
if people keep getting killed by the same 'camper' then cry in mail about it, theyre just whiney kids and you shouldnt care.
i'm a camper and proud.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster

What’s so bad about that??? It is NOT breaking any rules of the game!! It is NOT exploiting any glitches or using any form of software cheat!!!

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Muckster]

Theres a difference between camping and map control. Camping is disgraceful and displays cowardice. Camping is when a player does little to contribute to his team of the flow of the game just so he/she can "live" a little longer for quite literally nothing.

If your holding corners that aren't important, and waiting for luck to reward you for doing so, thats camping. You waste the opportunity to aid your team and it makes it annoying for opponents to enjoy the way the game is meant to be played. Don't even bring "realism" into the argument. Theres not enough variables in MOST games to "simulate" realism.

In any case, if your proud to be a camper, at least define it for me before I go off on a rampage. Because I HATE campers on MY team. Because I'm CONSTANTLY forced to take a loss on DEATHMATCH for getting 38 kills and 3 deaths because my random team mates decided to hold a room down instead of controlling sectors which would of given them more kills in the first place. To make matters worse, they DIE DESPITE CAMPING. So its really a lose lose playstyle.

edit on 28-12-2010 by GambitVII because: Needed to give more information

edit on 28-12-2010 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join