It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Hold War Games In Gulf, Hormuz Strait

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by walsbg22
You really love your country.

Why not wish for peace, instead of wishing for your countrymen that signed up to protect you (most do) and do not decide what they do and where they are sent to die.
I dont even wish for our enemies (their uniformed soldiers) to die.
[edit on 21-4-2010 by walsbg22]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by walsbg22]

What I don't have is the ugliest human emotion of them all, excessive nationalism, that is a chronic and, ultimately terminal, disease in the US...

If they're stupid enough to sign up knowing full well they'll be sent to fight unjust conflicts, then # em...They're not protecting me from squat, and no amount of bleating on your part will change that...

They're fighting to ensure the US keeps its place as the biggest bully on the planet...And my country should not be involved in that

I'm not particularly interested in what you wish or want...You seem to have me confused with someone else

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
News about those secret Iranian "Carrier killers"... - remote-controlled Ya Mahdi vessels - First time I hear that these are UAVs! I thought those are some Kamikaze boats for fanatic defenders...

IRGC unveils native vessel in PG drills

Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has unveiled a native sonar-evading vessel dubbed Ya Mahdi in the initial phase of a new Persian Gulf military drill.

“The domestically-made vessel that carries rockets with powerful destructive capability shows Iran's determined military strength in establishing security in the Persian Gulf,” IRGC's naval commander Ali Reza Tang-siri said Thursday on the first day of the three-day military drill code-named 'The Great Prophet 5'.

High-intensity rockets launched by remote-controlled Ya Mahdi vessels are able to destroy any targets on water surface, added the top commander, quoted by IRNA. Over 300 vessels equipped with torpedo and guided-missiles are taking part in the massive naval maneuvers that coincide with the 31st anniversary of IRGC's formation.

In the course of the military drills, 50 high-speed Iranian vessels identified hypothetical enemy targets intruding into the Persian Gulf territory. IRGC naval commandoes then captured the sea crafts upon disobeying stop orders.

Some 40 percent of the world's seaborne oil shipments pass through the strategically vital Strait of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf. The main objective of this war game is to preserve the security of the region.

www.presstv.ir...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Iran is now laying mines in the gulf... They know what's coming?

'IRGC lays naval mines in PG drill'

Iranian armed forces display the country's military prowess on the second day of major drills held in the Persian Gulf and the strategic Strait of Hormuz.

Naval, air and ground units from Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) took part in the three-day military exercise dubbed 'The Great Prophet V,' carrying out complicated operations involving mine-carrying divers and rocket-launching vessels.

"Today, our divers carried out special exercises with mines," IRGC military defense drill spokesman Brigadier General Alireza Tangsriri told Press TV.

Ain't that interesting...

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
people predicting war then, a year later and we still predict war now. but how much the world has changed its unbelievable. next year this time the world will be so different its scary

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join