It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Hold War Games In Gulf, Hormuz Strait

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think the most interesting report today is this one :

Report: Assad due in Egypt to discuss fear of Israel-Syria war

Maybe Assad will try to convince Mubarak to join the Syria-Lebanon-Iran alliance, officially or not...

If I would be Assad, I would say this to him:

Come on Mubarak, you gotta face the reality here. You're old. You have a coming revolt on your hands, your government is just months away from being overthrown. Why? Because you're a US puppet. You know the egyptian people is sick of being led by a traitor.

Your people and yourself do not love Israel, like us.

The only chance for you to stay in power is to go with the people against Israel and you know deep down you want it too.

And contrary to the others wars, this time, our military is way more powerful and we can defeat the Zionists once and for all. Just look at Hizbollah successes in the last war. Also if you join the fight, you have a great army since you've got western equipment that can equal the zionist army, without you, our victory is not a certainty, but with you by our side, it's as certain as if Allah was inside each soldiers! Allah akbar!

So come and join us, or your government will fall.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

- And I would stand next to you, whispering some of the latest rumors;

"Turkey is with us too..."
"Jordania will give us a hand..."
"Al Sadr will start a revolt in Iraq..."

I think we would get Egypt to our side!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah I forgot about Turkey, Al Sadr and Jordan...

That's why I brought you with me!

I think we could have high paying jobs in the diplomatic area in this area... we do our thing then we leave before it all blows up... Win win.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by thoughtsfull

BTW, I just saw first UFO formations few nights ago - maybe they are are here for very good reason. I hope they are monitoring closely our situation, because when I am watching peoples around me - I just know that they really cant handle whats coming... So lets hope that aliens will make their present clear and also helps us to solve our "bankster" problems.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

This is a very important point.

When our friends from afar turn up in numbers, it's usually for a very good reason and they are here to witness / view something big about to happen.

Remember the big Tsunami on Boxing Day a few years ago? There were tons of sighting of UFO's just before that happened around the world and in the area concerned.

There are also reports of them showing up just before the Volcano going up recently in Iceland!

It's almost like that could be time travellers and they are here on some kind of tour / holiday to witness these events?

So people, keep a BIG eye open for UFO's because it could warn us of something going down!

Off to my local gunsmiths tomorrow to pick up a nice rifle and a lot of ammo. Already stocked up on 300 tins of food and gallons of water / petrol. Have mentioned this before but my work has put me and my family on potassium iodine tablets for a 3 weeks now.

Mmmmm, makes you wonder what's planned?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by xpert11
An ANZAC task force could well be deployed in such a situation with New Zealand providing our SAS , a C-130 transport plane and maybe a frigate and a medical team

Well look at this way. If Australia actually had the stuff we'd ordered already, namely the f-35's and the two Canberra class ships and air warfare destroyers we'd certainly be able to make a dent in the Iranians, albeit a small one. Enough to clear the straits of their ships and get down to mine sweeping.

I just don't think we'd be able to sustain a beachhead for very long if at all without support from larger powers. And they'd probably sink our ships.

Lol, a ship is the very last place I would want to be when things kick off.

You are literally a sitting duck and from memory, Iran has got some wicked tools / missiles / torpedoes for ships.

Glad I'm not in the area!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Netanyahu: Less Time to Act on Iran with Each Passing Day

Yeah Natanyahu, we could say the same thing about you... about YOU NOT MAKING PEACE. Declare a Palestinian State ALREADY.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu sounded an urgent note regarding the Iranian threat in a Monday interview on America's ABC network, saying that “we have a lot less time with each day that passes.”

“And the crucial thing,” he said, “is to use the time available for forceful international action led by the United States. If you can, go through the [UN] Security Council. If you can't, go outside the Security Council.”
“I spoke with President Obama when he was Senator Obama,” he said on the morning news show, Good Morning America. “He visited Israel. And I was the leader of the Opposition at… that time. And I said… if he gets elected President... all the issues that will flood his desk will one day be pushed aside by one overriding issue. And that is if Iran attempts to develop atomic bombs. Because they could very well either use it or threaten to use it or threaten to give it to terrorists or even give them a crude device with fissionable material that can be put in a container ship. And this could come to Manhattan or to any port in the United States or in Europe or, for that matter, in Israel.”

'A minimal requirement'

The international community can deliver “crippling sanctions” against Iran, he said. “If you stop … Iran from importing refined petroleum, that's a fancy word for gasoline,” Netanyahu explained, “then Iran simply doesn't have refining capacity and this regime comes to a halt. I think that's crippling sanctions. Now if the UN Security Council doesn't pass it because they'll dilute the resolution to get acquiescence of their members, then certainly the United States and other willing partners in the international community can... enforce these sanctions outside the Security Council. There is a way to deliver these crippling sanctions. This should be done now.”

“I think this is a minimal requirement right now,” he added. The point was “not really to send [Iran] messages," he said, “but to actually make this regime begin to make choices. Because right now they feel they don't have to make choices. They understand that the spotlight is on them but they're not doing anything. And the critical thing is I think there's an understanding in Washington, certainly in Jerusalem and quite a few other capitals in the world, that very forceful action has to be taken to make Iran stop. I think the future of peace in the world and of stability and security is at stake.”

Asked if he was worried that war could break out this summer, the prime minister said: “If it's up to us, there won't be any war." Iran, he added, is trying to create tensions through Hizbullah, “probably to deflect the world's attention from Iran's advancement and its plan to develop nuclear weapons.” (IsraelNationalNews.com)

What about putting crippling sanctions ON YOUR GOVERNMENT AND THE IDF FOR ALL THE WAR CRIMES COMMITTED?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
What about putting crippling sanctions ON YOUR GOVERNMENT AND THE IDF FOR ALL THE WAR CRIMES COMMITTED?

With the locals so worried about war all the time Netanyahu probably has a sanction going right from the treasury to his bank account.

Then he probably uses that money to get into real estate speculation.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I personally feel all the war crime allegations/accusations could backfire... or at least push some in the wrong direction, for if they feel that inaction at this time will mean the mounting pressure on war crimes will get worse, honestly what have they left to lose if they do act..

I kinda feel that is another element that will drive this mess straight into the hands of the hawks who want a pre-emptive strike.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Indeed, war crimes suits or sanctions against Israel would push them to go to war...

US weighs Iran military option

If Iran decides to go for nuclear weapons, the US may not be able to permanently stop this from happening unless it is willing to occupy the country.

This is the candid conclusion of one army general testifying in front of the Senate but one that seems to have gone mostly unnoticed amid a flurry of statements on Iran over the past few days in Washington.

Gen James Cartwright, one of America's top uniformed officers, slowly edged towards that conclusion during a Senate testimony last week, underscoring the difficult choices facing the Obama administration as it weighs what do about Iran.

Since the US would probably be extremely apprehensive about even considering putting boots on the ground in Iran, the statement raises a key question - while the Obama administration publicly maintains that it will not allow Iran to acquire nuclear weapons, is it privately discussing how to live with a nuclear Iran?

BOOTS ON THE GROUND = OCCUPATION = DRAFT.

That or Iran continue their nuclear program... if they don't get nukes, good, if they do get nukes.. boohoo...

Or Israel go at it alone, destroy the world economy, suffer backlash, iranian nuclear bomb is now a certainty...

Or Israel nukes Iran with low yield nuclear weapons on suspected nuclear sites, missiles and military bases and Tehran. Result : the nuclear pandora box has been opened and the entire world is pissed at Israel, not to mention the middle-east chaos that would ensue.

Or ``color revolution`` sponsored by the CIA...even if it failed in June 08.

I say either DRAFT and invasion ... or leave Iran alone. The others choices are too crazy... even Draft and invasion is crazy... Leave Iran alone... if we could trust Stalin and Mao and Kim Jong Il with nukes, we sure as hell can trust Iran with them.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

My honest opinion is that Iran already has nukes, and that is why they have shifted focus onto delivery platforms (i.e satellites) whether them got this via the black market or developing there own who knows..

But that has been one of the flies in the ointment that has meant this turn into a war of words, tho like most wars it'll escalate at some point.. it is almost as tho once commited to Operation Cast Lead they are now committed to this path..

This is why I think the UK has started to appear to back off from Israel and so it seems at some levels has the US.. The anti-US rhetoric in some Israeli news outlets is quite palpable. This feeling that the US (due to Obama) will not back them up seems quite entrenched in a lot of the comments I've seen and read..

Again, taken into account alongside the push for war crimes trials it adds another little shove towards that hands of the hawks and the unilateral action they seem to seek.

That's going no where near any book that mentions end times..

All in all I would say, they will act unilaterally.. I see no sanity in any of the actions/responses being floated around in the MSM at the moment..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I say either DRAFT and invasion ... or leave Iran alone. The others choices are too crazy... even Draft and invasion is crazy... Leave Iran alone... if we could trust Stalin and Mao and Kim Jong Il with nukes, we sure as hell can trust Iran with them.
[edit on 21-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

We might be able to - Israel never, ever, will. That's the whole problem here. You can criticize Israel all day long, but the simple fact is that they'll try and stop Iran soon and we better make the best of a bad situation.

EDIT TO ADD: These Iranian war games are a big worry - chances of "something" happening are quite high.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Curio]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

This rare meeting concers me...

Syrian, Egyptian, Saudi leaders to hold 3-way talks

BEIRUT: The leaders of Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Egypt were expected to convene in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh Thursday after Western diplomatic sources in Riyadh told the newspaper Al-Quds al-Arabi that talks to arrange the meeting had been under way since the beginning of the week.

According to the sources, Saudi King Abdullah was due to arrive at Sharm el-Sheikh Thursday to congratulate Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak for his recovery after surgery he underwent last month.

The sources added that Syrian President Bashar Assad was also to head to the resort and meet with Mubarak Thursday.

The report said that during the three-way summit, the leaders would discuss Iran’s nuclear program, the situation in Iraq following the general polls and the attempts to reconcile Palestinian groups Fatah and Hamas.

Read more: www.dailystar.com.lb...
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: www.dailystar.com.lb...)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
this reminds me of the gearing up to war events prior to ww2.

Reminds me more of World War I.

I'm expecting a Guns of August scenario to kick off the next world war.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I am certainly not keen on an attack on Iran, but if they start huffing and puffing in the straights and no ships (of any flag) are able to get in and out, then yes, put those ships out of commission...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Originally posted by RizeorDie
this reminds me of the gearing up to war events prior to ww2.

Reminds me more of World War I.
I'm expecting a Guns of August scenario to kick off the next world war.

I hit the deja vu spot with pre-WW2 era.. the economics, politics, and even militaristic landscapes appear very similar... if Obama had come back from the Nuke deal in Russia waving a bit of paper and proclaiming peace in our time I would not have been surprised.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
All option's open!!!!!!!! Let's hope it's not true???

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just change the dates, and the face in the photo, and ....away we go again

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

I certainly hope they'd sink our ships, and kill all Australian military personnel involved in any attack on Iran, which would be just desserts IMO...

You really love your country.

Why not wish for peace, instead of wishing for your countrymen that signed up to protect you (most do) and do not decide what they do and where they are sent to die.
I dont even wish for our enemies (their uniformed soldiers) to die.
[edit on 21-4-2010 by walsbg22]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by walsbg22]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64

All option's open!!!!!!!! Let's hope it's not true???

If don't keep all options open your enemy has free reign, now using those options is a whole different matter.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
I can honestly see my government having to
bring back steam trains.

if they do that for vehicles
we'd be in business

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join