It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Hold War Games In Gulf, Hormuz Strait

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Iran to Hold War Games In Gulf, Hormuz Strait

www.nytimes.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's Revolutionary Guards will begin three days of manoeuvres in the Gulf and the Strait of Hormuz on Thursday to show their naval strength, the semi-official Fars News Agency reported on Wednesday.

The military exercises, in what is a key waterway for global oil supplies, take place at a time of rising tension between Iran and Western powers, which fear Tehran's nuclear programme is aimed at developing bombs. Iran denies the charge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Step by step we are closing breaking point in ME. Many messages from Israel has been very alarming and Syria, Lebanon and Iran is living in full alert. These war games reminds us from what we are dealing there.

80% from European oil trades are in danger after Iran attacks. That mean such sky rocketing in oil prices, inflation and jump in all consumer prices that we havent ever seen before.

Analysts have said that price of gas in our area can be 5 times from what is it today after 3 weeks of cancel in oil traffic. It will cause our system collapse.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
80% from European oil trades are in danger after Iran attacks. That mean such sky rocketing in oil prices, inflation and jump in all consumer prices that we havent ever seen before.

Certainly my main worry out of all of this. In Australia we don't have the ability to refine much of our own petroleum and don't have an emergency supply. We'd be on rations within a week or two.

And Iranians are practising to make good on this threat. I really have to buy and store more petrol.

One has to wonder how all these different nations ships in the Gulf avoid bumping into eachother I can't imagine the Iranians sailing out for wargames is going to go down too well with the allied fleets in the area.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

*shrugs* to be honest. if *they* (who ever they are) want to mess up the world they will.. nothing will stop them.. whether it is hawks on all sides, super power struggles, NWO or the Darleks..

The process we are going through (the one that is leading to the next conflict) appears to me to be close to fruition. Each side nudging the other to make the first mistake to kick it all off..

And that is what I feel all this posturing is, to push each other to make the first mistake, and who ever makes the first mistake will be the one the world blames as the bad guy..

None of the sides in this want to be seen as the bad guy. yet my honest opinion is that none of them are good guys either..

[edit on 21/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
this reminds me of the gearing up to war events prior to ww2.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
this reminds me of the gearing up to war events prior to ww2.

I quite agree, the whole Political, economic and militaristic landscapes remind me of the pre-WW2 era... it is rather disconcerting...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Yep - We are also total naked in front of this threat. I was just in weekend in Army training just to see, that our government is doing nothing, and havent done anything to get ready to this coming breakdown.

Its a shame in witch kind of illusion our government is living and total silence in our MSM has been unbreakable for weeks now, so about 98% of the population dont know anything whats happening in ME.

I dont know what is going to happen for us, but without any realism with dealing possible threats to our nation - no plans, no news, no back ups - we are doomed to fail very badly I quess.

When following daily English language news from ME - path is straight to war, but in my home country there is just silence in media about it all, and that is most alarming for our future. Shock and panic will be devastating and our officials are without any clue how to deal with this kind of threat, just hoping their best and continue like nothing is happening.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I dont know what is going to happen for us, but without any realism with dealing possible threats to our nation - no plans, no news, no back ups - we are doomed to fail very badly I quess.

Maybe that is the whole idea. I can honestly see my government having to bring back steam trains.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I can see what is coming...

Israel will start war in multiple fronts in coming weeks, and it will drag US to that war too. Oil trade will go to total chaos in just one night, when we see three or four super tankers burning flames in Gulf. Iran can not fight straight against Super power armies, but it can fight its interests with devastating results.

I can see how my country will drive to halt in just three weeks period, and what is happening then. Government witch has no plans to deal with any of this, will make huge mistakes in beginning because everyone is just hiding their duties to make those most needed very tough decissions. Not only our traffic, economy, but also our politics will halt.

Control of oil products, drugs, food will follow when prices in most needed consuming goods will rocket in result of oil prices. Same time value of cars, houses, luxury items will vanish - Inflation in money can not be controlled because trading will soon raise in black markets.

Gold will most valuable, silver and diamonds too. I see that if war and crisis will continue over two to three months in ME, money is just wasteless here and government needs to print its own control cupongs for public use. Lines in front of gas control points, and food aid points will cause lots of problems, violence and crimes. Our medical services will be stretched.

Riots will follow. Corporation and Banks will vanish over night and mass jobeless will follow that evacuation of fortunes. In our borders we see halt in all traffic, and Russia witch is mostly playing the other side than EU - will make benefit with our collapse. It will take many industries to their hands and we will see also military movements near our borders soon.

After three months from first tanker was burning in flames in Hormuz, people will remember this day - comparing it to their recent mysery and ask same question again, and again - "I Cant understand, that it was just three months ago - when I was in my job, we wre buing all kinds of goods from super markets and watching entertainment series from TVs at evening, driving at weekend with cars to our summer houses, and cleaning bottoms from our boats for next sailing season... How is this possible?"

I will answer - "You gave your trust to banksters hands"

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Israel independence party is over - so lets take a fast reality overlook to two of their MSM media and recent headlines to see what is the level of warmongering in Israel now...

Jerusalem Post: Headlines 4/8

Iran to hold large-scale war games
'Revolutionary Guards - terrorists'
PM: Stop refined oil exports to Iran
'Hizbullah arms real danger to Israel'

Haaretz: Headlines 6/12

Indyk: If Israel manages alone, it can decide alone
Khamenei: We won't allow America to renew its hellish dominance over us
Report: Assad due in Egypt to discuss fear of Israel-Syria war
Were the Lebanon and Gaza withdrawals a failure?
Israel has ample reason to worry in its 63rd year
Labor ministers: If peace process won't move forward, we may quit the government 1

So with this fast overlook 50% from their recent news are concerning about coming war... Make your conclusion also from this fact.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This would be an ideal time to implement Cheney's plan to start a war.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

As much as I do agree with you on a lot of points... I am not sure how (outside of the general private publics use) this will impact..

Just to throw some things into the pot.. not all might be valid..

I know a short time ago it was being reported that a number of fully laden tankers where sitting off the UK coast.. I wonder if they are still sitting there, and I wonder if this is happening across the EU/World.

And I am guessing this could be why a deal with struck with libya.. to esnure the safe passage of a closer oil supply?

and it may have pushed the search for oil off the Falklands and other places.. I hear talk that the Irish have their own black gold they could exploit..

Going by the fuel strikes in the UK in 2000 although things did grind to a halt for the most part. things did not stop and people adjusted to the situation. It would be adjusting to a resticted fuel supply.

Power production in the UK (like elsewhere) is diverse, oil fueled power stations are few and far between, there is still coal, nuclear, wind, gas etc..

Again I would expect a restriction of power, perhaps similar to that of the 70s with a 3 day working week and frequent power cuts.. again it was survivable.. as I am sure it will be through out Europe and the rest of the world.

Food again would be restricted, and for total rationing, you only have to look back to the 1940s to see how that situation too was survivable...

I am not saying it would be easy or nice, and I seriously hope it never comes to pass, but if it does, there is enough evidence in my mind that we will get through the mess together.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Rumors, information - disinformation, more rumors...

US official: Iran military strike 'off the table'

SINGAPORE -- The U.S. has ruled out a military strike against Iran's nuclear program any time soon, hoping instead negotiations and United Nations sanctions will prevent the Middle East nation from developing nuclear weapons, a top U.S. defense department official said Wednesday.

"Military force is an option of last resort," Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Michele Flournoy said during a press briefing in Singapore. "It's off the table in the near term."

www.washingtonpost.com...

On or off the table doesnt matter before there is real negotiations going on. When do we see Iranian president in White House or diplomats in Geneve? - Before that there is only wars coming, no matter what "sources" are saying.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

UK is a very different place than small Finland far away in the border area. We have here only on refinery and tankers are coming from Gulf to here. Our warehouses are build to last only weeks and now one of most important supliers Shell is packing up its gears out from our country - making us even more vulnerable.

I think London, Brussel, Paris, Berlin and Rome will get that 20% witch will be left, but how much we here - in small Finland will get from our daily needs? ... 5-10% maybe? Our mains stream politicians are mostly weak and such a group with no bravery or power in their minds, but covards and byrocrats they are.

I dont trust their skills to manage catastrophe at all. ( I have met personally our president and PM many times in privat, and I have no illusion from them as regular peoples - they are all lawyers, not carismatic leaders... )

Yes, in EU we will get this together, but small countries will suffer most. We rely on Russian trade - when ME breaks to flames, we have seen what side Russia and China has take, and thats not EU/USA/ISRAELI side.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I do agree that Finland is vulnerable to whatever happens in the World and across your border.

lets hope whatever happens in the ME stays in the ME and does not spread..

Edit to add: if it does spread I am sure your Gov will, along with the Nordic council come up with a plan for Finland and for the region..

Just think, we in the Uk have Gordon Brown.. that is not so inspiring

[edit on 21/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Iran is lacking in oil and spare parts enough that it is severely limited what it can do in terms of conventional warfare . Iran could bottle neck the Strait of Hormuz with sea mines something more potent then anti shipping missiles . If the Russians supply Iran with oil , technicians and anti shipping missiles then the west will have a real headache on its hands . The US may not even poke it nose in such a mess if its domestic oil production is high enough . Then country's like New Zealand decision to transform its military into an agent of peacekeeping will look really foolish .

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

lets hope whatever happens in the ME stays in the ME and does not spread..

I'd like to think so, but you and I both know it will spread like wildfire. WW1 started with 2 countries(Austria and Serbia) when Serbian nationalists assassinated an Austrian archduke and his wife too I believe. So naturally Russia came to the aid of Serbia to keep them from getting mowed down, and Germany got Austria's back. Then France, England, US....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Iran is lacking in oil and spare parts enough that it is severely limited what it can do in terms of conventional warfare . Iran could bottle neck the Strait of Hormuz with sea mines something more potent then anti shipping missiles . If the Russians supply Iran with oil , technicians and anti shipping missiles then the west will have a real headache on its hands . The US may not even poke it nose in such a mess if its domestic oil production is high enough . Then country's like New Zealand decision to transform its military into an agent of peacekeeping will look really foolish .

Iran is lacking in oil ? Iran has oil coming out of its arse...What it lacks is refining infrastructure...

Don't you mean Iran lacks the ability to make its own petrol/gasoline/benzina on a significant scale

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

I get a deja vu moment when looking at the pre-WW2 economic, political and militaristic landscapes.. Even the silly missile sheilds remind me of the impenetrable Maginot lines.. *shakes head*

But somehow I also hope that when this kicks off it can be contained in the ME..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

BTW, I just saw first UFO formations few nights ago - maybe they are are here for very good reason. I hope they are monitoring closely our situation, because when I am watching peoples around me - I just know that they really cant handle whats coming... So lets hope that aliens will make their present clear and also helps us to solve our "bankster" problems.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join