It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle east tensions and Katla eruption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Just a thought that I had after reading the article below:

www.iol.co.za...

"I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Katla erupted within the next year, but how much it affects Britain and northern Europe depends on what happens with the winds at the time," volcanologist Bill McGuire told The Independent. McGuire, who sits on the British government's Cobra emergency committee, pointed out that Katla was 10 times bigger than Eyjafjallajokull. It also has a much bigger ice cap, and it is the mixture of melting cold water and lava that causes explosions and for ash to shoot to high altitudes.

So do you think there would be a greater chance or war starting in the middle east if this volcano erupts, I say this as if this volcano is 10 times bigger than Eyjafjallajokull and had to put alot more ash into the atmosphere stopping all air traffic for a few weeks.

Well that would allow alot more to happen in the Middle East without the US interfering as getting ground troops in would be alot harder and air strikes might be rules out all together.

My knowledge on the Middle east and what is going on is not that good, though i try to keep up with what is happening there, so any sorta feed back would be great

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Personally, I think this will set those military minds thinking and perparing for when (if) Katla or Laki erupts.. (indeed any similar scenario)

I would assume by now they'll be drafting plans to get around the issue..

There is a window between earthquakes, eruptions and loss of air space.. so am sure they would rush supplies/men ect to the area in the short term, while having other routes/avenues planned, such as placing more stores in closer locations etc.

just my thoughts..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Agreed there are plenty events such as volcanoes or other natural disasters that could close the US air space for a few weeks.

All you need is a week or two without one of the main powers to create major chaos

BTW its most likely a coincidence but Katla "might" erupt in 6months, and funny enough US is planning on extracting all combat troops from Iraq within 6months..

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

The frustrating part is the question, where all this is heading?
(all this meaning, economic disaster, climate change, Pandemics, WW3 type conflict etc)..

It feels at times like we are trying to put together 3 different jigsaw puzzles that have been mixed up and we're missing the box tops

top topics

join