It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alright, Conspiracy Theorists: You're Right. About *Every*thing... Now, what?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm sure that more than a few people on ATS would just feel smugly superior and pretend that just "knowing" gives their lives meaning.

Low self-esteem is often overcompensated for, resulting in something approaching megalomania.

"It's all so obvious to ME, but the stupid, ignorant 'sheeple' don't get it. I must be better than everyone else...and that also must be why they shun me!"

To wit (from one of the first responses):

how you can not see the answer confounds me.

It's also a defense mechanism. It's somehow soothing to some people that there are some power-hungry people behind the scenes controlling things. That way, they can complain about the situation but are excused for not doing anything about it besides posting on an Internet message board about how much butt-kicking they'd do if you ever got the chance...

And that chance just never seems to come.

[edit on 4/21/10 by mothershipzeta]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

I will quote you hear on a few points, but I happen to agree.

- The entire world is really controlled (or the desire is there at least) by a small elite oligarchy, comprised of members of the Bilderberg Group, The CFR, Trilateral Commission, Bohemian Club, Illuminati, etc.

I too have come to this conclusion, 200 or so of the Rich Elite run the world through the world economy. they control every aspect of our lives from a hidden position.

- Global 'concerns' (i.e. Warming, Swine Flu Pandemic, etc) are all lies

Also true, to my mind. TPTB tell us all many lies, and if they say it enough times, we tend to believe it. Hitler knew this only too well, Gobbels practically invented propaganda, and the NWO minions are the new Forth Reich.

- One goal of the elites is to have every person implanted with RFID chips

Yes, also true, part of the Healthcare Bill, some people already have them. It would make it easy for the Controllers to track our every move, track our money and bank accouts, health recorded, and believe me, if you begin to talk like we do it here, TPTB will turn it off, leaving you with nothing.

- FEMA Camps exist all over the U.S. and a Militarized Police force is only a finger snap away from being deployed within our borders and on our own people

I have seen too many phots of the camps to not believe they are real, in fact, i have even seen one, Camp Atterbury in Indiana.

Camp Atterbury - Facility is converted to hold prisoners and boasts two active compounds presently configured for minimum security detainees.
Located just west of Interstate 65 near Edinburgh, south of Indianapolis.
Terre Haute - Federal Correctional Institution, Satellite prison camp and
death facility. Equipped with crematoria reported to have a capacity of
3,000 people a day. FEMA designated facility located here. Fort Wayne -
This city located in Northeast Indiana has a FEMA designated detention
facility, accessible by air, road and nearby rail.

source
FEMA Concentration Camps: Locations and Executive Orders

- 9/11 was an inside job - a false flag operation to gain support for foreign incursions
(As were Operation Northwoods, Gulf of Tonkin, Pearl Harbor, etc)

I would agree here too, too much evidence to say it is not true, is there? A constant state of warfare is needed to keep the corporation in power. Stop the wars, you stop the company.

Denver International Airport is a NWO / ELE facility

Agreed here too, I also think Denver Airport is an Alien base too, only they are in the underground part.

- The US government has Deep Underground Military Bases all over the country that are interconnected thanks to nuclear TBM technology
- Some of these are shared with Advanced Civilizations, like Dulce, NM or Area 51 (& 52), Wright Patterson, and on and on
- Oh, yeah... UFOs and Aliens are real

Yes, this too is true, thanks to Phil Schneider we know about these. I know some say Phil was nothing but a liar, I say he told us the truth about what he did for a living, who he worked for, and he thought the people of America had a right to know. I too think this. Having seen what i would call aliens, and having seen their craft on several occasions, yes, they exist.

- Government Black Budget projects involving obscure notions like mind control, time travel, invisibility, global tracking, etc are all legit programs, some of which are still in existence in some form or another, and have been used to manipulate people/events without their knowledge

I too believe this. I have a connection of sorts to the Montauk Project and have done a great deal of research on this matter. The project did happen, and is still going on, electronic mind control is as real as the nose on your face. This is the true purpose of the many Cell Phone tower you see all over.

- all the great megaliths of the world from Pyramids of Giza to the Moai of Easter Island, to Stonehenge, to Puma punku, to Tiwanaku and Teotihuacán, were all built with the assistance of afore mentioned advanced (but, now absent) civilizations

Yep, they were built by beings not of this Earth, we could not build most of them today, even with our modern equipment. the History Channel is running a program on this matter right now.

- Our sun IS part of a binary system and periodically its partner star (and its planets) does come in close enough vicinity of the Earth to wreak havoc on the planet on a geo-physical level.

Yes, I too think that, and there is a lot of evidence to suggest this Dark Sun is real, it exists. I do not think the Dark Star will do much, except for static discharge, but the Moons and moonlets, and the many other space articles will do damage. This has happened before, and TPTB know all about it, this is why they are spending billions frantically building these DUMBS. I also believe the Dark Star is terraformed, and is hollow inside, and is intelligently controlled. And is a space station of sorts.

This could go on forever, but, you get the point.

What does having all of this knowledge/information really amount to?

Yes, I believe it could. I often have people ask me to tell them about the New World Order, or a matter such as that. You cannot do this in a few hours, it would take a month of constant talking to tell the whole story, leaving nothing out. The story is not only fascinating, it is un-real, and sometimes supernatural, and sometimes so "out there" even I have to question it. I will say one thing about this, once learned, this knowledge does not just go away, it is on your mind from that point on. Once you have seen a UFO up close, you never, ever forget this, it become a part of you. Great post, sparks thought and makes me want to write. Thank you. Added you as a friend. Star and Flag.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

- all the great megaliths of the world from Pyramids of Giza to the Moai of Easter Island, to Stonehenge, to Puma punku, to Tiwanaku and Teotihuacán, were all built with the assistance of afore mentioned advanced (but, now absent) civilizations

Yep, they were built by beings not of this Earth, we could not build most of them today, even with our modern equipment. the History Channel is running a program on this matter right now.

I started watching the new Ancient Aliens series, as well - great show - they've uncovered a LOT more even since the original 2-hour special aired over a year ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I think I've figured it all out. It's all about survival of our species.

The world will come to an end some day, as it has many, many times before - I'm not sure if all that 2012 stuff is accurate, maybe just a guideline and/or cosmically (constellationally) driven.

Think about the smattering of mainstream conspiracy theories I rattled off in that first post: most can be attributed to the evidence of our origins, or preservation of our species.

And argument can be made - go on, test me...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Actually, I think that is probably a bit closer to the truth - as I see it anyway.

It is unlikely I'm going to stop a madman from doing something mad. It is even less likely I will convince a group of madmen to see sense, when even if they hate each other they'd gladly join together to prove that they deserve to do massively stupid things.

However, I can use that information to cover my own ass. I can use it to .... suggest alternatives.

Even the biggest and the brightest run out of ideas and thoughts. Even the best can get trapped in a thought bubble of their own making.

And when they do, I assure you that some come looking for a different perspective? Idea? from less organized and internal sources. Preferably in ways that allow them to take credit for those insights.

People are just people. Regardless of status, power, brains....they all have their greatness and foibles. Writer's block is so often overcome through plagiarism.

And the oddest things can happen when someone or something stops being defined solely by those inside it. When the outside eye critiques and praises or worse remains indifferent.

Anything can set off a crazy person. But it takes a different type of skill to not set off the crazy person, and so that when they are around you they more likely to be their best self.

That's what. It isn't much. But it is more than you'd ever suspect too.

We'll see what else it might be later. I'm busy right now with other much longer term priorities.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Here's the real reason why 'conspiracy theories' will always remain just that - dirty little secrets that receive no (or little) mainstream recognition...

Well, the first is obviously because there are plenty of distractions / dis-info campaigns put in place for exactly that - to keep them as 'fringe' topics with little credibility (only in the sense that they are not talked about by the masses - it's a vicious spiral).

But, mostly because, it's just - not - that - important to some people - and, when I say 'not important' realize... if they took the time to understand and analyze half the crap we talk about here, you're damn right it'd be 'important to them', but that's just it...

Most people are consumed by other things, that are of 'immediate' concern to them.

I started thinking about 4 of my closest/oldest friends, and what their lives must be like. One owns his own steel company in Lubbock (3 kids: 12B, 10G, and 2B), another is a financial analyst in Dallas (3 Girls: 13, 11, 7), another is a doctor in Tucson (3 kids: 11B, 10G, 8G), and the last lives right here with me in Austin, and owns a large internet/production company (2 Boys: 11, and 9) - wow, that's a lot of kids.

Here's what their lives are consumed with:

- working for that next promotion, closing the deal, snagging the next client, fixing the biggest problems, etc
- moving into that new house, expanding the deck out back, remodeling the kitchen, cleaning the garage, etc
- attending that football game, and getting to the tailgate in plenty of time for an all day rager
- getting that Sunday off so you can finally play a round with the fellas, and maybe even squeeze in that card game your boys have been promising for months now
- finding a baby sitter/nanny so that you and the wifey can have a nice evening out or, weekend getaway to vegas or skiing, or however it is you like to travel
- getting to that PTA meeting, and disciplining your kids
- atending to said kids (jesus, this is all you really need, I'll stop here (and, thankfully, I have none))

We ALL have these things to do, really.

True 'Seekers' are a rare breed. You have to be the right kind of intelligence, the right kind of temperament (to consider abstract or (seemingly) absurd ideas & concepts), but mostly be in a position to devote the time it takes to really delve into some of these things (to discuss and analyze every side of an argument)

For these 2 simple reasons, unless the proverbial UFO lands on the white house lawn, none of this will ever be given the attention it truly deserves (until it's too late).

*sigh*

[edit on 4/29/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

What now if this stuff is all true?

Resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Most people don't care that much.

A well fed army keeps marching.

Don't fool yourself.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The thing most people have to do is stop falling into the dream they want you in. Do you know how hard it is to not play the game of life on this planet.

How many really here would stop living, and give up things like dreams that teh ptb want you to have so you stay off there backs.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Great posts and insights in this thread!

I find it is the tangiple, palpable issues that draw me here. It's also the up-to-the-minute news backed by members who have the skillsets to decipher what is going on because they have already worked on hundreds of similar tasks.The conspiracists here work hard to understand that which is already unseen and bring it from the mists, to explain it from the angles it works in reality. Most of the big issues are fragmented to the general public, and the general public are conditioned in many ways not to look at matters in a comprehending manner, be it from discouragement and hopelessness in regards to discovering the truth, or not caring enough to investigate. I am seeing it's especially hard for the older generations, who were raised on materialism, to break out of their molds to even want to look at the reasons for interest in world-scale matters.

I'm rather new at the case study portion, among friends and family. I had a very small-scale focas before, even while knowing things were not well in the world. Some friends click right in and zero in on importances, others would rather throw you out of their lives than hear about issues of importance. It takes a lot of time and patience, diplomacy and on several occasions, angry reasoning back, to actually convey the depth of meaning. One thing I noticed among an older crowd is a personal set of traits in their lives that literally amounts to a personal tyranny. It's not enlightened, it's a solid belief that they can lay down the law in their lives at any point in time, over any issue they possess a shred of understanding on, and storming ahead in complete logical fallicies and assumptions, draw some pretty hairbrained conclusions and "new rules" out of the air. You possibly know the feeling. There's no diplomacy involved, they're on an "because I said so, and this is what will happen basis".

As I mentioned once before, there is a prevailing predisposition, anytime conclusion, to highlight the more municipal virtues of punctuality and work ethic as godlike traits, and to forego any higher virtue. Or a belief so strong in a person to see themselves as such a paragon of virtue that every virtue expressed is overdone and falls short of the goal an actual virtue would take! While most aim for confidence in their approaches, here, and walk the line between underconfidence and pride very well, I think it's easy to afford anyone a measure of apparant "arrogance" in approach, so far as behaviour is concerned, based on the fact that working knowledge bases are of such relative quality. It is fine, we are happy to hear a good opinion or synopsis because we want ot grow wiser. The presentation may offend slightly, but it is enthusiasm to our ears and we overlook it. Not so with the person who says "what do you study that crap for, the internet is all a bunch of lies and garbage, etc, etc" and then the same proceed to pounce on every issue as if their often unstudied, assumptive mind could possibly fathom all facets and deeps of what you speak.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

The presentation may offend slightly, but it is enthusiasm to our ears and we overlook it. Not so with the person who says "what do you study that crap for, the internet is all a bunch of lies and garbage, etc, etc" and then the same proceed to pounce on every issue as if their often unstudied, assumptive mind could possibly fathom all facets and deeps of what you speak.

Truer words have never been spoken. Well put, my friend.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
being told the truth and accepting it as truth
allows the population to be enlightened.
That enlightenment then allows us as a civilization
to transition from a zero to a class 1 Civilization.
It's part of our growing pains

if u don't understand, look it up

Great post. I agree 100%.

Look at our recorded history since civilization as we know it has existed. Like someone notable once said, our history is a history of violence and war. Our greatest achievements of knowledge immediately go towards trying to one-up one country over another, keeping a kind of competitive tribe mentality going on. It will be a big step forward for mankind to grow out of this maturely, and I don't think nearly everyone is ready to make that change and to be able to do it responsibly. It's way too much of a burden for so many people who really are frankly still too immature for this. So we still have wars and all kinds of mass killing and suffering still, even at our own hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join