It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fear inducing sounds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
hello ats this might come across as silly but there are sounds that really freak me out especially bass, i love it in music but elswhere freaks me out

late at night the sound of a boom car driving by gets me paranoid
the sound of a windshiled wiper slower ERRRRPPPP(with a low pitch of course)
the sound of footsteps in another room

does anyone know what im talking about?
can anyone explain why?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Yep -- that's infrasound -- it is the frequency of your lower body so it activates the fight/flight reaction of the kidneys and with some it actually empties the bowels!!

Look up Marie D. Jones podcasts she talks about it -- Resonance is her book.

jimharold.com...

[edit on 21-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

ok thanks ive heard about that before on a thread i made called is bigfoot from another dimension?

ill have to look it up

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

i thought infrasound was high pitched?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

jimharold.com...

Nope -- it goes down to ELF waves -- the mind control used to create a sense of ghosts, spirits, etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

ok thanks for the link

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

ok thanks for the link

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I thought you`d say high pitched sounds freak you out but now that I think about it both can be scary at high volumes and when encountered unexpectedly. Deep sounds normally come from something either large in size(like a bear, thunder, or volcano/quake), or, from what we see on tv and from what we hear from accounts of exorcisms being performed, deep sounding "demonic" voices come from those possesed by demons. For some reason when I think of Hell I imagine a lot of deep sounds. Not coming from any being but just a background sound. Just a dreadful sound... Anyway, high pitched sounds could maybe be said to come from something in distress or something attacking, like a shrieking hawk or a lot of smaller but still possibly dangerous animals (especially way back when they were more plentiful and our shelters were not as secure). Thinking about this led me to think about using soyund as a weaponm. Then I found out the military has sound weapons. They got one that can knock a hole in a brick wall and knock off a persons head on the other side of the wall. Then another one they got (possibly a variation of the other or vise versa) fills your head with an ear splitting sound and puts you on the ground in the fetal position in a second or less. I expect this to be used on crowds. Then they can also pinpoint it to a single person so only they hear it. The operater of the weapon simply needs a line of sight, and I`m sure its used with a scope. The scariest one that people need to know about is basically the same thing that focuses on a single person, but instead of harmful sounds, it projects your voice. So that you will literally be "hearing voices in your head that nobody else can hear". I`m sure you could only begin to imagine the ramifications on religious fanatics.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Creaky doors. The sound of a loud car behind me, like you said.

footsteps from behind always get my attention.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The sound of a police radio does it for me.

Ruuuuuun!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
If you have neighbours that play police or firemen sirens all day, it will drive you up the wall.
Governments and police target people and they use sound weapons just sounds to drive them up the wall. Just look at waco.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Another reason why low bass sounds may freak you out is that the human brain can't determine what direction low frequency sounds are coming from, that's why you have only one sub-woofer in your surround sound system. It gives the illusion that it's coming from all directions.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

good question i think, i tell you what sounds freak me out

sounds of negative reality symbolic reference, like jail hospital wars agressions rapes slaves possessions
and sounds of negative living coming, who usually are the types who execute those realities always careless and stupid
so party sound, loud voices, community noise, rules i hate the voice of rules, like bells and clocks
and i fear the voices that mean satisfaction about doing so, like religious celebrations, or social gathering dates and preparations about money and gains business of inferiors they win over, or any show sound meaning competition and podium

i dont fear animal sounds, because animal that they are not the threats on free minds rights and intelligence

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

maybe rats and disgusting insects but it is more disgust that one cannot bare existing, somethings like tha disgusting and blood i cannot admit it existing so when they are it is disgusting and say how whole reality is really freaky

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Ruuuuuun!

You crack me up little buddy.

Try some dark ambient. Lustmord is one of the best.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

wow thats really scary, im not going to be rioting anytime soon lol
but wow they have that tech?
i thought that was just a warhammer thing with the slanneshi chaos marines using sound guns to explode peoples heads and make them bleed from the inside out.
but a truly sinister idea isnt it?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dPD89
Another reason why low bass sounds may freak you out is that the human brain can't determine what direction low frequency sounds are coming from, that's why you have only one sub-woofer in your surround sound system. It gives the illusion that it's coming from all directions.

that makes sense thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Ruuuuuun!

yeah cops in general make me paranoid
when im driving down the road and i see a cop i am so tempted to just floor it even if im not doing anything wrong

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
this sound scares me the most. it shakes my bones

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join