It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utter Disrespect, and Nonsense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I was reviewing a thread on FreeRepublic:
www.freerepublic.com...

There are numerous posters openly insulting Obama, and name calling:
For Instance:

Barack Hitler Obama has been slapped good by Bibi....
No doubt that Obama is an ANTI-SEMITE. I’d replace the Kenyan Muslim with Bibi anyday

from the poster: UCFRoadWarrior

There are these and many others like this on that site. Now, people did mock bush, and that was still appalling and disrespectful. He is the president of the United States, regardless of party. He earned the right to be there. If the own people don't respect your leader, how can the world respect you.

Now before you accuse me of being anything, Let me tell you that I am a Republican and I was insulted when anyone made derogatory remarks about bush as well. He is your president. You may not agree with certain views, thats why you vote!

This man controls the most capable fighting force in the world yet those idiots on freerepublic are calling him an Anti-Semite, because he has the balls to stand up to someone and say no.

Can you imagine calling a five star general an insult? Well this man is higher than him and he deserves the respect that an Past US president has. Whether it was Washington, Lincoln, or whatever. He may not be as good as them obviously, but he will have a State Funeral which none of the people who insult will have. Give the man the respect he earns and deserves regardless of your view points

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Your right too many people dont respect Bazza(Aussie for Barry) for what he is a glorified Chicago politician this would make him both as clever and dangerous as a gold toothed #house rat.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Two words.

First Amendment.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight
Two words.

First Amendment.

Fine if they made a law saying it was legal to kill, would you do it? Just because you have a gun (2nd amend) doesn't mean you need to shoot it.

Just because you have the first amendment, doesn't give you a license to act stupid.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

That post really served no purpose and in no way added to the discussion the OP was attempting to nurture. In the future please attempt to respect this website, an OP's topic of discussion, other posters and above all yourself.

OP, while I do agree that the political name calling and generally adolescent nature of debaters is rather appalling, perhaps you and I can celebrate that we live in a country where there is no fear of reprisal for mocking our president. Politics are an ugly, emotional mess, and it is rather hard for some to express their feelings due to a lack of education, intelligence or even basic literacy. You and I were given a great power when we were born, the power to ignore. Ignore those that can only spout insults, it is a pain but in the end it really is the best way to deal with people that are unable to make a valid point. Celebrate those that disagree, and do so in a respectful tone, they will help us all be better people. We all come into politics with different lenses, but those that can see a different spectrum can be our greatest allies. I suppose I am just a young idiot (hard to be wise at 25), but I think that there are more important things to worry about than a few small minded folks blasting hate into the vastness of the internet.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Freedom of speech, is not acting stupid. It is a God given right, protected by the Constitution of the United States. If you're more worried about the Presidents feelings, or 'showing respect', than Constitutional rights, then you're on the wrong side.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by minute2midnight

Freedom of speech, is not acting stupid. It is a God given right, protected by the Constitution of the United States. If you're more worried about the Presidents feelings, or 'showing respect', than Constitutional rights, then you're on the wrong side.

Insulting the President under the guise of Freedom of speech is acting stupid.

If they added a law to the constitution saying it was ok to kill, would you do it? This is not about the constitution, it is about, lack of common sense and respect that is prevalent.

There are many people who abuse the 1st amendment. The flag burners in particular. Just because they have the right doesn't mean they need to use it stupidly.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

Well I dont retract my statement SOMETIMES PEOPLE USE HUMOUR to try communicate a point, in this man I see the potential for either a Nero or a Caligula hes played his cards close to his chest so far I fear he has yet to truly reveal himself to this world,in fact hes spent two million dollars preventing people from finding out anything about his background to start with,George Bush despite his faults was pretty much an open book what you saw you got,Obama whilst I respect his position I feel he's an onion we've only seen one or two layers of yes hes a consumate media performer but I cannot get a sense of him he has a very very highly developed screen-and that scares me as im about intuitive a person you can get.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

That's the second time you've said "law" while referring to the Constitution, while comparing the right to speak freely, to murder. The Constitution, is not a set of laws, it is a list of God given rights. Rights, that every person is born with, protected from infringement, by anyone or anything.

You are entitled to your opinion, a right of yours that is protected. You have the right, to believe that other peoples opinions should be silenced. Because you don't agree with them, or find them disrespectful. Your opinion, is protected by the same amendment that you wish to deny them.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by minute2midnight

Once again this is not a 1st amendment issue. It is an issue of common sense, respect, and decency. Your president needs to be respected regardless of which party you are with. I never said that we need to erase the 1st amendment or anything.

Btw, God never mentioned anything about guns, so why is it in the Constitution?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It's defined as Free Speech.

It's nonthreatening. Try posting something threatening.

THAT, my friend, is illegal.

They will find people that post threats.

They will be arrested and charged.

It's very simple. Learn it, understand it, live it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Once again, as I have repeatedly stated, this is not a free speech issue. I am not denying anyone the right to free speech. I am saying they ought to be more respectful, after all there is only ONE president and more morons than I can count.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Once again, it is a first amendment issue.

These people, have a right to think and say whatever they want.

You cannot force someone to be 'respectful'. You can not silence someones opinion. You do however, have the right, to complain about it all you want.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I was reviewing a thread on FreeRepublic:
www.freerepublic.com...

This man controls the most capable fighting force in the world

And that's your definition of honor ?
Respect is earned by way of values not by combat and control.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My goodness, this is a pointless thread. If it is indecent or illogical for us to "abuse" the constitution, then why do our leaders do it on a constant basis? Your telling other posters just because we can, doesn't mean we should, and yet TPTB screw us all the time in the name of the consitution...is that right? decent? logical? Terrible thread

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I just laughed so hard I think I woke the neighbors. I am reading a book about politics, they have been comparing American humor to Aussie humor to illustrate that politics have their own culture as well. I suppose I must re-read the chapter. I agree with you, Obama frightens me, and I think he is VERY manipulative. I do believe I took your post out of context, and for that I appologize. I have been doing a lot of that today. I am still going to use the quitting smoking excuse for a bit, but I suppose I better start dreaming up a new one.

I appologize for appologize too. This time, I blame the aliens. Alien rat bastards always making me spell things inkoractly....

Also, who cares if some make fun of the president? If you disagree laugh, if you agree laugh. It's fun, kinda the one win-win in politics.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Raustin]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
First let me say A general earns his position through competence, experience, and performance. Politicians get chosen by who is the better salesman. This president was one heck of a salesman; talk about your ocean front property in Arizona.

I completely agree that disrespecting a person, especially in the position of president, although allowable, is crude. However, you will often find simple insults the be the resort of people who are helpless to do anything. Not that such an attack contributes to their argument, but it helps them to vent their frustrations.

I really disliked Clinton, but I have more respect for him both professionally and as an American.

This president, seems to be consciously and deliberately trying to transform America away from what it has always been conceived to be, a place of individual freedom, and a place where government stays out of the lives of individuals as long as they aren't infringing on the freedom of others.

You can say that this march away from freedom and into the hands of government controlled lives has been progressing for a while and under both parties. You would be completely correct. That does not change the tempo and arrogance with which this president and his party are fighting against the American people, bipartisanship, and transparency.

In my mind, his actions, views, and policies are treasonous to the nation and the people. No traitor deserves respect in my book, no matter what title or position they hold.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Deny Ignorance

Well, feel blessed you live in a country such as ours(U.S.).

There have been MANY instances of not only individual citizens but newspapers printing disparaging remarks and editorial cartoons of sitting Presidents and candidates for the office.

Lincoln was especially mocked by Chicago papers during his candidacy and during his presidency.

The past president was mocked by the media and Hollywood with disparaging cartoon series and even a sitcom.

Is that right?

Why should Obama be any different?

He has created this situation with the many questions that exist as to who he actually is,his true place of birth,nationality,religion etc.

There has NEVER in the history of this country that one person,with so little
experience,with so little proven leadership ability been elected POTUS.

"If you can't stand the heat,get out of the kitchen."

Deny Ignorance

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I think they are all liars and anti-freedom loving nut jobs. Does this make me a bad person for thinking this?

Left and right is just a game we play for them. It amuses them and keeps the propaganda flowing like a stream. I think anyone who thinks it is a good idea to limit free speech is just as bad as the men they protect by taking it away. I see no differance between this OP and TPTB.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

There are these and many others like this on that site. Now, people did mock bush, and that was still appalling and disrespectful. He is the president of the United States, regardless of party. He earned the right to be there. If the own people don't respect your leader, how can the world respect you.

I don't a rats ass if he is President of the USA. He is just another corrupt American politician, who he thinks he has the right to harass the rest of the world & try to make it dance to his tune.

he can he can kiss my "where the don't shine" for all I respect him.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by acrux]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join