It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health-care mandates could be ' null and void '

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Health-care mandates could be ' null and void '

www.wnd.com

A group of Americans who believe the federal government overstepped its constitutional bounds in passing the recent health-care legislation is rallying allies to a bold and controversial initiative: state nullification of the federal law.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The Tenth Amendment Center is reaching back into history books for States to take up " nullification , " a measure that would enable states to say to the federal government " That law has no effect here within our borders ." The center is working on a new model of the nullification legislation called The Federal Health Care Nullification Act , which would require a state by state petition and a call of 100,000 Americans to prompt legislators into action. Congress has lost touch with the American people, they are out of control , power disillusioned , to the point that now we have to really rely on our Constitution , now more than ever.

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm wondering why the werefuse.com website, the one linked in that article, was created in 2008. There was no health care bill or law in 2008.

Domain Name: WEREFUSE.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: registrar.godaddy.com...
Name Server: NS1325.HOSTGATOR.COM
Name Server: NS1326.HOSTGATOR.COM
Updated Date: 22-mar-2010
Creation Date: 27-sep-2008
Expiration Date: 27-sep-2010

Data mining people who disagree with the mandatory requirements perhaps?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

For your info, the site has to do with unConsitutional mandates from the Federal government. As long as I can remember, that was not just begun with this Administration!

edit to add-OP, hey since you use this photo for your avatar, I created this gif today, go a. and use it for your avatar. Just use quote to get the location of the photo and then use it.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
whoa
hold on there pardner

down in that article there is a link
that takes u to a Rep page where u can sign
a petition to add ur name against this healthcare
bill.

That's all fine and dandy, however it states that
sovereign citizens are doing this. I'm not sovereign.
Maybe this is a trap to get you to acknowledge
openly u r anti-government.

SIGN THE PETITION

We, the undersigned, assert our rights as sovereign citizens
of the United States of America to declare our independence
from any government health-care schemes that violate the
Constitution and the spirit of freedom, privacy and
self-governance that has defined America since its founding.

If this was legit, then it would be posted on Mrs.
Bachman's congressional website instead
of wnd.

Just a word of caution friends

Remember, last week's article about the FBI
going after Sovereign Citizens on the FBI
website. This could be a part of that round-up.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Ahh, I see. I'd never heard of them before so finding out the site was registered two years ago got an eyebrow raise from me. Thanks for the .s up!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
while I am all for repealing Obamacare.

I'm not gonna give up all my other
rights as an American to do it.

That is Americans bending themselves
to meet the law when it should be the laws
bending to meet Americans.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
lol

well ATS members amd Skeptic Overlord
should be proud

nipped that one in the butt
in less than 30 minutes

hahahaha

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

hey ES
that's pretty kewl graphics
nice work

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

Instead, the Center is reaching back into the history books to suggest states take up "nullification," a controversial measure that would essentially involve states saying to the federal government, "Not in our borders, you don't. That law has no effect here."

What about the significant number of people who actually approve of the health care bill and voted this guy in to bring it to us? Why doesn't this center just cut to the chase and try and void the Presidency and the election?
Tell the majority of Americans who voted for him - their votes don't count in this New America. The losers are taking over now.

Congress has lost touch with the American people, they are out of control , power disillusioned , to the point that now we have to really rely on our Constitution , now more than ever.

What makes you think the replacements are going to be any better? Power corrupts. It will corrupt the new people just as it has the old.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Tell you what, AS SOON AS THE THIS COUNTRY BECOMES A DEMOCRACY, your argument may have merit.

Otherwise, too frelling bad.

Not in the Constitution? Sorry, not allowed without an Amendment.

Time to rid the government of all these asshats that think taxing and spending us into oblivion is a good idea.

Lest we give the banksters the deeds to the country. Ohhhh, is that YOUR purpose?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Instead, the Center is reaching back into the history books to suggest states take up "nullification," a controversial measure that would essentially involve states saying to the federal government, "Not in our borders, you don't. That law has no effect here."

What about the significant number of people who actually approve of the health care bill and voted this guy in to bring it to us? Why doesn't this center just cut to the chase and try and void the Presidency and the election?

The only thing being nullified is the blatantly tyrannical and fascist requirement that states you must either purchase health insurance or eventually go to jail after refusing to pay the fines and penalties.

Therefore, those who like the idea of being forced to buy products and services in the marketplace can still do so. It blows my mind how anyone could actually support fascism... clearly a large majority in congress do support it and voters don't seem to have a problem with it one bit given these people get re-elected over and over again.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
On the topic of health care, the boyfriend just told me he cannot afford to eat healthy. Well then why is it that people in the poorest countries are found to be the healthiest? All they can afford is their own homegrown beans, vegetables and rice.

We pay a good deal of extra money to get this sick.

Now there seems to be an effort on the part of factions within States Governments....to nullify health care and effectively keep us this way.

Do all cities, towns and communities have access to a fresh market or a Whole Foods type market? If not, there is no real interest shown in keeping the people of that area alive. Provide an excess of convenience stores, liquor stores and fast food restaurants and it is clear you are trying to get these people to slowly die. There is an all out attack, a concerted effort by our commerce, enterprise and free market, moving in a direction to make and keep us, a select group of us (the poor)...unhealthy.

Is this really the peoples choice or is this an agenda to make shady people pushing bad choices wealthy?

Personal choice only takes you so far when you are deliberately coerced and manipulated and almost force fed.... due to convenience, price and deceptive, misleading advertising and scant nutritional education... bad choices. Very bad choices foisted upon us deliberately by clever advertising and unscrupulous corporations.

And now this effort to thwart any kind of health care....

Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by rusethorcain]

new topics

top topics

join