It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry at government, voters may revolt in November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Angry at government, voters may revolt in November

www.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN)
The party in power often suffers in midterm elections, but a recent
survey suggests that "epic" discontent has created an angry and
energized electorate.

And while things might look bleak for Democrats who control
Congress, some Republicans tied to the establishment might
also suffer the consequences.

With Congress showing no signs of bipartisanship and Americans
not yet feeling economic relief, the midterm elections outcome for
incumbents -- especially Democrats -- may be bleak.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I remember not to long ago there was a thread
that read "I'm mad as hell".

Well I guess this article covers that base
pretty good.

It appears as though they know we're pi$$ed
and are expecting it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I think it may actually be good if voters actually go third party in November. There are plenty of candidates running for third party. Theres this entire notion that some of these 'new' candidates for the Republican party will make some difference and bring satisfaction to those angry with the Democrats, and that simple will not solve the issue at hand here.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Features of a banana republic

A collusion between the overweening state and certain favored monopolistic concerns, whereby the profits can be privatized and the debts socialized.

Devalued paper currency in the international community.

Kleptocracy -- those in positions of influence use their time in office to maximize their own gains, always ensuring that any shortfall is made up by those unfortunates whose daily life involves earning money rather than making it.

There must be no principle of accountability within the government so that the political corruption by which the banana republic operates is left unchecked. The members of the national legislature will be (a) largely for sale and (b) consulted only for ceremonial and rubber-stamp purposes some time after all the truly important decisions have already been made elsewhere.

...a money class fleeces the banking system while the very trunk of the national tree is permitted to rot and crash...
—Christopher Hitchens

Wikipedia

So you've basically got a choice between the useless, intolerant and corrupt Democrats or the evil, corrupt and insane republicans. Reminds me of an episode of Southpark you know which one I'm talking about.

I think it may actually be good if voters actually go third party in November. There are plenty of candidates running for third party.

I wish this would happen. A clean break away from both major parties would sure be a wakeup call. But honestly can you see this happening?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

There are a lot of candidates that are running 'against' democrats and republicans...the problem is they're running as republicans.

I've mentioned before that it's because the GOP has the money to run campaigns, these candidates don't want to raise money on their talking points, they're fringe thinkers they won't earn squat. So they'll run under the GOP flag and tap that treasure chest while trying to gain mainstream voters with their talking points.

Don't believe me? Point me to a race where a third party candidate actually stands a chance at winning rather than two 'republicans' running against each other.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I have heard talk like this on most national elections. Then the voters put the same guys we didn't like last time right back in office. Maybe, we change 5% of Congress.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The USA is in for another decade much like the 60's with so much anger at the Establishment being around . At some stage the powder keg will set off a bout of domestic terrorism , shades of Rhodesia . If the US government defaults on its debts before it gets a handle on the security situation in hand then things will really get nasty .

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They will never revolt, there anger will be directed. When critical mass is reached a false flag attack will go into effect and the attack will be blamed on some boogie man. The unawakened will follow the news.

The heros will speak out as the rest of you emotionally distressed people will actually argue for the destruction of your liberties based on this false flag attack that elements of the gov have planed.Hell you might decide that we should attack another country. Who knows. I

When Clinton says the tea parties should shut up because they are creating a 911,He is threatening you. He is saying if the tea parties don't shut up his pals are going to do another 911 or an okc bombing false flag and blame it on dissenters in the tea party or the boogie man country of the month.

It sooooooo elementary.

top topics

join