It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: Science takes new look at psychedelics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just aired on CNN few hours ago... honestly was quite surprised to see this sort of coverage on CNN -- pleasantly surprised!

Here's a link to the video on CNN's website.

Scientists share research that hallucinogens can be used as medicine.

Seems the FDA has actually approved the study, very positive... perhaps a breakthrough, finally?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Very interesting.

"Scientists share research that hallucinogens can be used as medicine. "

Of course!
"Oh doc, I'm in so much pain!'"
"No yer not!" (gives the patient Shrooms)

You won't know your sick if you don't know what the hells going on.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
As someone with anxiety and PTSD, let me tell you I would be first in line to get a doctors script for THAT kind of treatment. Always been a fan anyway.....(shhh)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Just finished uploading the video to youtube, here it is for your convenience!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This isn't exactly new, we've known of the possibilities for decades, it was just that the government and certain pharmaceutical companies were prohibiting it from continuing through fear.

Makes me happy as I'm planning on doing research on them myself after school!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't believe in hallucinations. In my field of ag-biotech, I look at them more as advanced technology to render virtual reality for someone to experience. Virtual reality is not a hallucination, yet for those that don't understand it they think it is all some form of exacerbated "fake" reality.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

You don't believe in them because you personally have not experienced them, is that correct?

It would break the TOS to go into detail, but you can't experience what you haven't tried.

GL with your research though.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
You don't believe in them because you personally have not experienced them, is that correct?

It would break the TOS to go into detail, but you can't experience what you haven't tried.

I think there are other ways to talk about it besides questions that would promote one to break the rules no matter what experience. We could imagine Big Pharma would use a line of question like yours as a conspiracy just to stay in business, seriously. The dish out the drugs they can talk about that supposedly no one else can... hmmm... only because they so-called legally produce them.

Maybe I should turn your question around and ask you if you don't believe in virtual reality because you haven't experienced/tried nanobots?

Maybe you would like to read and reply to my other thread: Nanobots: mystical, yet a drug?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I will answer you privately. It has nothing to do with big pharma though

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

I will answer you privately. It has nothing to do with big pharma though

Ok.

Instead of attempts to pinpoint an individual hallucination, I think it is safer to point the possibilities of a mass hallucination and what that really means.

Bottom-line, a hallucination is scientifically "fake," as in there is nothing real about the experience except to to be all so-called 'imagined'. Dreams aren't considered hallucinations but they are considered "imagined," which is quite odd for those that press the idea of hallucinations as anything but "fake". See my posts in Dream Subliminals about the overlap between dream state and being awake.

If it is just 'imagined' then any notion of a 'mass hallucination' would be impossible by the definition of a hallucination.

How would it be possible? This is the question to ask.

There are simple down to Earth logical explanations. Our body is of Earth matter. It carries a living being. It is possible the Earth is alive as us pibeds are alive since it is the same freak'n damn matter.

Plants are made of the same freak'n damn matter made of this Earth that us bipeds live off of and are made of.

This means there is a possibility that if a group of people eat some plant an experience some sort of mass hallucination that what they experienced is that plants ability to render the same experience to each person.

Now, that doesn't seem crazy until you wonder how people could experience it all in some synchronization fashion or how one tends to explain how atoms and DNA move about are like computer code. It doesn't seem crazy until one says that plants may be possible to network through the air much like radio waves even when eaten. At a nanoscale level, which the DNA components do tend to work upon, it is possible.

It's only crazy until you realize that traditional physical sciences have not been able to produce technology on the same level as DNA. We can't just simply say, well you really don't know about such DNA until you experience how to make it.

Do I need more detail where this is headed? It's not crazy to me at all... I'm a ag-biotech computer scientist.

top topics

join