It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Creators Threatened

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SeditiousDissent

Just posting to congratulate you on explaining why this douchebaggery over a cartoon is douchebaggery rather than legitimate anger. Thanks !

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm so tired of fairy tale believing Muslims expecting others to follow their laws...

You want to believe in fairy tales... Fine... I do it to... But don't be as arrogant and stupid as to believe that others are expected to respect your crazy rules.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Just posting to congratulate you on explaining why this douchebaggery over a cartoon is douchebaggery rather than legitimate anger. Thanks !

Perhaps I'm somewhat obtuse, but was there a tinge of sarcasm in your reply? If so, then it's completely my pleasure to have revealed the dark mysteries of douchebaggery to this thread and, to a degree, the entire world.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
Apparently Comedy Central was scared enough to beep out beeps name.

Proof that terrorism works. Fear trumps the First Amendment, do you think those who died for the freedom of speech and religion would be proud?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
South Park makes fun of everyone and everything for years yet only one group threatens dire consequences. This is my surprised face. Asshats.

Wait wait... isn't Islam the religion of peace and toler... damn I can't even type it without busting out laughing.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
john stewart just did a piece defending southpark, really said what needed to be said. Checkitout

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPACEYstranger
john stewart just did a piece defending southpark, really said what needed to be said. Checkitout

Link??

Line 2

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

could you or someone sum up what Stewart said. Did he say if it was a joke or not?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If you insult Muslims, you better be sure they will threaten you. The Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard had almost been murdered in his house by a radical Muslim, Theo van Gogh was killed in cold blood and stabbed with a knife through his heart with a dagger bearing a message.

Ironically, it was only yesterday that the Arab European Liga (Arabist organization) was acquitted for publishing insulting Auschwitz cartoons.

Every normal person would sue another in such a situation, yet there is apparently a very significant number of Muslims who feel they need to threaten and worse.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
If you insult Muslims, you better be sure they will threaten you. The Danish cartoonist Kurt Westergaard had almost been murdered in his house by a radical Muslim, Theo van Gogh was killed in cold blood and stabbed with a knife through his heart with a dagger bearing a message.

Ironically, it was only yesterday that the Arab European Liga (Arabist organization) was acquitted for publishing insulting Auschwitz cartoons.

Every normal person would sue another in such a situation, yet there is apparently a very significant number of Muslims who feel they need to threaten and worse.

Considering there are billions of Muslims around the world, it is more accurate to say Extremists are the ones causing trouble. Imagine if the majority of Muslims (out of an estimated 1.5b) reacted to the cartoons in the same manner as the Extremists? The threats of these idiots deserve to be condemned, but it is unreasonable to demonise all Muslims because of the actions of an Extremist minority.

[edit on 23/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

No sir, I meant it. I wasnt being sarcastic when I said that. It was refreshing to see it layed out so clearly . Read that way its plain to see that this anger over a cartoon is utterly unjustified in any case! I was merely showing appreciation for your insightful, and clear spoken delivery!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Considering there are billions of Muslims around the world, it is more accurate to say Extremists are the ones causing trouble. Imagine if the majority of Muslims (out of an estimated 1.5b) reacted to the cartoons in the same manner as the Extremists? The threats of these idiots deserve to be condemned, but it is unreasonable to demonise all Muslims because of the actions of an Extremist minority.

I am speaking of a signficant group, not about Muslims in general, let there be no misunderstanding about that. Regardless of this, the fact remains that it is pretty much always Muslim extremists resorting to violence to avenge insults against Islam. There is also 2.2 billion Christians, how often do you hear about Christians killing or threatening Muslims for insulting Christianity?

A more interesting question is why it is specifically the religion of Islam that has a very large number of extremist followers whom resort to violence out of religious motives?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

A more interesting question is why it is specifically the religion of Islam that has a very large number of extremist followers whom resort to violence out of religious motives?

IT DOESNT.

The media only makes it LOOK LIKE IT. Because its their Agenda to demonize Islam.

Want an example:

300 or so MUSLIMS get killed by the CHRISTIANS in January in Nigeria.

Then some 300 or so CHRISTIANS get killed by MUSLIMS 2 months later in Nigeria.

Now, when the first hundreds get killed do YOU KNOW WHAT MEDIA REPORTS:

"Nigeria, 300 people killed in civilian conflict"

And do you know what they report, when the second batch of hundreds get killed:

"Nigeria, MUSLIMS slaughter 300 christians"

Notice the difference?

[edit on 4/23/2010 by skajkingdom]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by skajkingdom

The media only makes it LOOK LIKE IT. Because its their Agenda to demonize Islam.

That's a poor pathetic excuse I refuse to buy. Surely, there will be clashes that involve both Christians and Muslims and there are also (American) media outlets that stigmatize Islam.

However, that's not what I was speaking of. In the Netherlands we have three prominent people:

-Ayaan Hirsi Ali - A prominent critic of Islam who was forced into hiding as a consequence of death threat by radical Muslims. She's fled to the US years ago and still needs 24/7 protection.

-Geert Wilders - An islamophobe who insults Islam on a regular basis. Has been into hiding as well under constant security protection as a result of serious death threats from extremist Muslims.

-Theo van Gogh - Killed by and idiotic Muslim extremist for making a movie that Muslims considered insulting.

Now I would like you to come with concrete evidence backed by sources of Christians who have threatened to kill or killed Muslims for insulting Christianity in recent history.

Ironically enough, when Muslims insult Christianity or Judaism it is suddenly perfectly okay. You will not hear of outrageous anger from the Muslim world. I, for one, do not care if one insults my religion as I highly appreciate and support freedom of speech and it seems the rest of the Western world is with me as they don't resort to violence...

I know you are Muslim and that's probably why you have a biased stance, but unlike you I am not in denial about the fact that is pretty much always Muslims involved in death threats as a result of insults against (their) religion.

As long as you fail to provide any evidence about a large number of Christians reacting similarly, I will not buy your ''this is all Western demonization of Muslims'' story. Hence, I'll ask my question again:

Why it is specifically the religion of Islam that has a very large number of extremist followers whom resort to violence out of religious motives?

I should note that I hold no ill feelings towards Muslims, I'm just fed up with the fact that particularly Muslim are in denial about the fact that their religion has a large group of extremists who resort to violence and pretend this problem does not exist - it is merely Western islamophobia.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Ironically enough, when Muslims insult Christianity or Judaism it is suddenly perfectly okay.

How can we do that, when we love and respect Jesus (Christianity) and Moses (Judaism)?

On the other hand though, Christians DO NOT love and respect Muhammad and neither do Jews, so we get things like "Muhammad was a pedophile, terrorist, rapist, ..." etc.
When did you hear a muslim say "Jesus was a terrorist, rapist" or "Moses was a rapist" or similar?
When?

NEVER.

That is the difference.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by skajkingdom]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by skajkingdom

Aha, Muslim (extremists) love and respects Jesus, but not his followers, right?

Sangla Hill (AsiaNews) – The Christian community in Sangla Hill held two prayer meetings yesterday 40 days—the traditional period of mourning in Pakistan—after the November 12 attack against their places of worship.

The attack was sparked by an alleged case of blasphemy that local Muslim clerics in mosques used to incite people "to do something to defend the sacred Qu'ran from the Christians". On November 12, some 2,000 people descended upon local Catholics and Protestants pillaging and torching their properties.

source

Why oh why does Saudi-Arabia not allow Christians to build churches in their country if Muslims love Christians so much?

In comparison to this, the West is very tolerant if you consider that Muslims have freedom of religion here and are allowed to build Mosques.

Anyhow, it is sad to see how selective you are in your reply.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Aha, Muslim (extremists) love and respects Jesus, but not his followers, right?

Sangla Hill (AsiaNews) – The Christian community in Sangla Hill held two prayer meetings yesterday 40 days—the traditional period of mourning in Pakistan—after the November 12 attack against their places of worship.

The attack was sparked by an alleged case of blasphemy that local Muslim clerics in mosques used to incite people "to do something to defend the sacred Qu'ran from the Christians". On November 12, some 2,000 people descended upon local Catholics and Protestants pillaging and torching their properties.

source

Why oh why does Saudi-Arabia not allow Christians to build churches in their country if Muslims love Christians so much?

In comparison to this, the West is very tolerant if you consider that Muslims have freedom of religion here and are allowed to build Mosques.

Anyhow, it is sad to see how selective you are in your reply.

No, what sad is, how people always take as a n example Saudi Arabia: "Look what they do in Saudi Arabia", "Why Saudi Arabia this/that ..."

Saudi Arabia is NOT islam.
ACtually, I think Arabia is right now as far from islam as it gets.

So, compare the religion, not a country or nation or whatever.

I am telling you what my religion tells me to do, not what some people do, or decide to ABUSE my religion and do things in its name.

Islam is a natural religion, a natural state of mind and spirit absolutely in concordance with logic and peace.

That some people want to use it for their agenda - it is not islams fault for that.

You must learn to discern notions. You (not you specifically) constantly say "we dont have anything against islam", but then point Arabia or a group of extremist for something. Stop doing that.
An evil man is EVIL, regardless of religion.

No one who kills civilians can even be CALLED muslim. Do you understand?

Please, for the love of God: Once and for all. Islam DOES NOT ALLOW killing of innocent people.

"If anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind." (Qur'an, 5:32)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

How can we do that, when we love and respect Jesus (Christianity)

If Islam loved and respected Christ, it would not call him a liar. To me, calling someone a liar is disrespectful, but it could just be the society I grew up in. I've never called Muhammad anything, so your statement needs amending because I (and other Christians) do not sling those accusations upon him.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia is NOT islam.

That's an interesting point of view. Care to elaborate?

Islam is a natural religion, a natural state of mind and spirit absolutely in concordance with logic and peace. That some people want to use it for their agenda - it is not islams fault for that.

No one says it's Islam's fault, but you and Muslims in general should acknowledge that there's indeed a large group of extremists among Muslims and stop pretending it is some fairytale from the Western propaganda machine. For what reason would you deny this.

An evil man is EVIL, regardless of religion.

It has a correlation to religion. This extremist group acts on a religious basis and unfortunately for Muslims, most other religions don't have such a significant number of extremists who consider using violence in the name of Allah appropriate. That's why Muslims are sadly being stigmatized by some media outlets, but they should blame this large group of extremist followers of Islam for this, not the media.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Actually, I have never pointed to Saudi Arabia or any one particular country for my examples. Unfortunately, there are violent extremists in nearly every country and there is no need to continually use one example. That is not saying at all that Muslims are evil terrorists, I have many Muslims in my life and they are wonderful people.

Honestly, and I'm probably wrong but here is my take on situation or more generally attacks against artists due to defamation of Muhammed.

Muslims, whether it be oral tradition or Hadith verses, believe that the Quran and Muhammed are protected by God which is why they say it is the Quran has been unaltered, it was by God's hand, God will not allow for this to happen.

However, freedom of speech will quickly demonstrate that anything is game, including the Quran and Mohammed. For some, this is too much, it really could I believe shake a person and cause outrage. The majority do not want to even think about these feelings, because ultimately they believe they are correct (as we all do) so instead of waiting for God to smite the wrongdoer, they have taken the liberal interpretation of God working through the human murderer.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join