It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Creators Threatened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

Saw the episode last week, waiting on part 2!

It's absolutely ridiculous to be threatening over something like this! I mean, nothing even happened to cause any upset as far as i'm concerned!

I do hope it's just a slly story with little weight behind it! :shk:

Their biggest crime is going to extreme lengths to make an extreme mockery over the idea that they cant show muhammed. Can't wait to see part 2 tonight!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Muhammed the saviour of muslims can kiss my ass. The more they threaten the more i will speak up, these psycophats need to stop terrorizing the world and leave freespeech to us. I don't care what they believe I have a firm belief that everyone can continue to practice his religion if it does not interfere with my life.

peace, and Muhammed you are a brutal D***.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Lol half the reaction posts on ats could be made by bots.
The bot would sheach for keywords such as 'muslism' or 'islam' or related to any well discussed topic and then form sentences such as "And they say Islam is the religion of peace" or "Religions are stupid".

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nal War
I am not Muslim, but I do understand why there is objection to portrayal of the prophet. It's in the scripture that the prophet cannot be portrayed or drawn (bear suit or not) and that's how it is handed down as the law.

That is right. It is well known that Islam forbids depictions of this prophet.

The creators of South Park would have known this too. It was designed to insult, and it did. Surely they would have remembered how Muslims reacted to that cartoon with Prophet Muhammad in it.

Muslims Protest Swedish Newspaper's Cartoon of Prophet Muhammad

[edit on 21/4/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Exactly what I was going to put-great link.

The problem is once one of the jidaist nutbags gets it into his head that his sole purpose on this earth is to kill cartoonist who offends HIS god-watch the hell out.

I firmly beleive that someone will die because of this. Just a matter of time. Whoever the target(s) is/are-you'll be alone sometime...... Scary thought-isn't it. And that is exactly what they want to do-scare you/us.

I don't watch the show myself-haven't since the first few opening years but I do believe in free speech so I'll stand with the NON-crazies on this one.

S&F OP good one.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I don't think trey and matt are making death threats, are they?
No.
You have the choice to watch South Park, or to be entertained by any media/medium. Be it religious doctrine, literature, music, video, social groups, etc. but we are talking freedom of speech here. So I suppose if you feel it's okay for extremist to threaten another human life then thats fine. That's your flavour of choice. Personally, if someone threatens me, or anyone I know, because we don't 'fit' with their 'plan', then something is not right. Obviously that person and I need to be faaaar away from eachother. At least until they accept me as a fellow human being, not a pig-dog they feel should be put down in the most inhuman ways possible.

The sad thing is (and I know this truth) that many more, how do I say, 'modern' muslims in the more 'civilized' parts of the world seem disgusted by this brutal hatred. It does nothing but shove their faith and culture into the swamps of the dark ages. I personally am proud of the muslims I know and that they hold their heads high. I believe there are different sects in Islam and obviously those beset in the east are more troubled than their cross-border cousins.

To you muslims that truely believe your religion is right, good for you

To you muslims that take it a step further and want to kill all non-muslims, I shake my head and weep for you and humanity if that is how we shall treat eachother. For if you throw the first stone, you'll receive more than you can handle. There's only a few straws before that camels back is broke.

Peace, my brothers and sisters, peace....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Yes in fact they did remember. That was the point. I can't wait for tonight's episode.

Link to Episode 200

I certainly hope they go for it and show Mohamed. Someone needs to have some balls on television.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
IMHO, Parker and Stone haven't gone far enough. They should have put Mohammed into a pedobear costume since it's a known that he was a pedophile.

and for those that don't like that description....

Tabari VII:7 "The Prophet married Aisha in Mecca three years before the Hijrah, after the death of Khadija. At the time she was six." Ishaq:281 "When the Apostle came to Medina he was fifty-three." Tabari VII:6 "In May, A.H. 1, Allah's Messenger consummated his marriage to Aisha." Tabari IX:131 "My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old."

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpacePunk]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
funny thing is the first time they showed Mohammad nobody cared. he was on a supoerhero team with jesus krishna and buddha

Thank you! It took two pages into this thread for someone to finally post this?

Episode 112, from February 1998 Mohammad appeared MULTIPLE times in this episode, as a Super-Hero. Did they make any sort of fun of him? No, he helped save South Park from Mecha-Streisand.

Twelve years later Comedy Central censored a few second clip from this episode showing Mohammad that showed during this new episode. Back in 1998 there was never ANY uproar, ANY threats, NO media coverage, NO censorship. The religion changes in twelve years to allow the killing of and threatening of anyone who shows an image of Mohammad or questions their religion?

If you pay attention to the current episode and the new one airing tonight, they are re-insulting EVERY SINGLE celebrity character they have had on the show in the past twelve years, yet the simple fact that Mohammad is appearing in the episode is what is drawing attention. THAT is what this episode is to show.

Edit....

Here is a link for episode 112.

And if anyone does not agree with South Park you are an idiot simply because of the above linked ability. Every episode they have ever done available for free, streaming to your PC as soon as the new episode comes out.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by CalibratedZeus]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
First of all, this is the opinion of one website. I am not understanding how what one website says is indicative of ALL Muslims, or even a majority, I have to see any organized Muslims being publicly outraged or moved to murder over this episode or this website.

Yes, the episode make fun of all religious figures, well at least from what I remember. I do not think that they should have left Muhammed out, that may be viewed at favoritism.
Besides, they did show him, they went over and over and over they fact that he was hidden inside of a costume.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

YES! The only person that south park has not made fun of is Kenghis Khan , because history has no record of him)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So, I get it that Muslims are forbidden by "law" to have Muhammad drawn or depicted. Fair enough. Silly, but that's their rule for themselves.

But as I'm not a Muslim, their laws and rules do not apply to me so...

Enjoy!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c27d0ecdd95.jpg[/atsimg]

I messed up the hand as I was trying to conceal it while supposedly working!

I can't see how this is bad or insulting. I drew him here as a happy chap, smiling and waving and saying "Hallo". Nothing insulting or demeaning about how I depicted him, is there? I for one do not believe the person "Muhammad" ever advocated violence and oppression. And I'd certainly like to know the man and have a friendly tea and chat.

What's wrong with that?

[edit on 21-4-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Just an observation. If a particular group of people ask for noone to talk about their religious leader or make fun of him/her and someone does, who is/are the one/ones being disrespectful? I know it is only for humor, and there is a lot of different things I find funny, but for some reason we are taking humor down a dark road. I haven't heard any joke's about "911". I am not saying that there isn't any, I have just not heard them. To make fun of what someone else holds sacred is always in bad taste, and from the looks of it dangerous. Do we really need to laugh that bad? Maybe. Until each of us can laugh at ourselves, should we laugh at other people? The right thing to do seems to have evaded the natural evolution model of thinking. I am guilty also, but maybe it's time the world starts thinking about right and wrong and learn to live in peace for the sake of ourselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I try to see it both ways. For instance, THE URINE CHRIST. As a Christian, that really irritates me. I want to tell the artist to get some class and some actual talent. That is one example of many where Jesus or Christianity was mocked by artists and the media.

Indeed, I do think we should be respectful of what others hold sacred. However, NOT because we are intimidated by it. This is where we have to meet half way.

Preferably someone would have the versatility to have other areas of humor or art to explore instead of resorting to being offensive in the hopes it would earn them publicity.

On the other hand, it is going to happen. Some people are just irreverent and are going to make fun of what we hold dear. When that happens, and it will happen, we shouldn't resort to violence. So that is why I get angry at the extremists.

I can understand the way it feels when something you love is mocked. On the other hand, we have to realize it will happen from time to time and violence or threats of violence in order to intimidate is never the solution.

Really, it's better left IGNORED. In cases like this, making a splash is the ultimate goal. When we protest, bomb, threaten, and who knows what else, we end up only feeding it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
Muhammed the saviour of muslims can kiss my ass. The more they threaten the more i will speak up, these psycophats need to stop terrorizing the world and leave freespeech to us. I don't care what they believe I have a firm belief that everyone can continue to practice his religion if it does not interfere with my life.

peace, and Muhammed you are a brutal D***.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by colloredbrothers]

Oh dear. Muhammad (at least spell it correctly?) can kiss your ass? Terrorising the world?! Please please explain where and when, because the only 'muslim terrorist' attacks I'm aware of have taken place inside arab countries against invading armies. 9/11, 7/7 etc were almost certainly false-flag attacks.

I'm stunned by the anti-muslim sentiment that a lot of the posters on here are voicing - the amount of bigotry in this thread is bizarre. You realise that their view on life, the universe and everything is just as valid as yours?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightfold
You realise that their view on life, the universe and everything is just as valid as yours?

So long as their view(s) do not harm or infringe upon the well being and freedoms of others, then yes, that's absolutely correct.

But should a person following an extremist view of Islam preach his view or suggest something utterly ridiculous, (like any depicition of a religious figure is forbidden and punishable by death) then no, their views are NOT valid and do NOT fit with the common good of any society.

But the vast majority are NOT like that - they are just normal people, looking for the same things in life we all are.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It seems the point of the episode was to insult everyone they'd insulted in previous episodes, which they did very well.

South Park is social-satire, and they've done this kind of thing repeatedly, almost every episode, since it's inception.

They would've been well aware of the immense publicity this would create after the danish newspaper incident, plus they must've realised some nut-jobs were going to crawl out the woodwork and start throwing threats around. Presumably they also knew the equally stupid bigots would then crawl out the woodwork too, creating much entertainment for half-sensible people the world over.

Thanks to Trey and Matt, and thanks to the idiots for extending the entertainment beyond the normal 20 minutes.

It's interesting that Muhammad was in a previous episode and nobody seemed to mind - he was behind a 'censored' overlay that time tho - perhaps putting him in a bear costume was a step too far for some people? : )

In any case, pretty much every 'normal' muslim isn't going to care and will see it for what it is - satire. Those that don't are missing the point.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by Raustin
[more
Muslims are encouraged to out" BREED" in non-muslim dominated countries. it is a weapon they do use.

You mean like Catholics?
Any form of bith control (including pulling out) is forbidden.
That kind of fits the description I think.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ah well,
I also think that we should declare a unending globe encompassing war on any and all how post violent threats on the internet! That will solve everything!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Originally posted by eightfold
You realise that their view on life, the universe and everything is just as valid as yours?

So long as their view(s) do not harm or infringe upon the well being and freedoms of others, then yes, that's absolutely correct.

But should a person following an extremist view of Islam preach his view or suggest something utterly ridiculous, (like any depicition of a religious figure is forbidden and punishable by death) then no, their views are NOT valid and do NOT fit with the common good of any society.

You realise you've just done a classic.... 'I'm not racist, but...' ? You've almost literally said 'Everybody's entitled to their own point of view, except if I think it's ridiculous.'

Extremists are entitled to their point of view too, regardless of how distasteful it is to an individual or society. Who are you to say what's valid or not? Are you The Censor for us all?

Not depicting Muhammad has sound reasoning behind it (do you know why it's not allowed?), and while it might sound ridiculous to you, it's a pretty core facet of a religion that's followed by billions of people all over the world.

While I'm sure most 'normal' muslims couldn't care less and got the point South Park was trying to make, there are bound to be some devout or extremist muslims that are upset. Just because some people find it funny doesn't mean being upset isn't a valid response.

Obviously threatening to kill people is a tiny tiny bit over the top, but clearly those people are nut-jobs that think the Koran says it's ok to kill non-believers, which it doesn't.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join