It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Park Creators Threatened

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

South Park Creators Threatened

www.inquisitr.com

Oh those wacky guys behind South Park, always pissing off people.except this time they appear to have raised the ire of a radical Islamic website called Revolutionmuslim.com over this coming week’s show. Apparently it has something to do with the Prophet Muhammad showing up in a bear suit and something about saving the town.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Islam a religion of love and peace? I was just reading IlluminatiKid's post and this popped up on CNN. This is the only source I could really come up with for now. I don't think CNN updated yet.

Just saw it on CNN like 5-10 minutes ago with some radical muslim admitting the Quran advocates violence towards non-believers.

www.inquisitr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Screenshot of Muhammed in the bear suit from South Park

Just to add. I just found it as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This isn't the first time South Park has mentioned Mohammed. That's the great part about the show. Nobody's safe

QueenBob

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Yeah, well, Salman Rushdie is likely to die of old age...More power to South Park, and let's avoid the politically correct equivalency of giving-offense=death-threats...they are in fact distinct, and the second is ruder than the first, am I right?

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Mmmmmmm, popcorn. Already watched website get taken down today. Can hardly wait for tomorrow 10PM. Islam, the religion of peace, anyone who disagrees shall have their head cut off.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Quite ironic! They've insulted so many groups, people, CHRISTIANITY (A lot), and the first threat comes from Islam. Being so mad to indirectly threaten to kill, based on something so insignificant completely astounds me. I am at a loss for words.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What would be the ramifications if said "threat" were to be carried out? I wonder how the public would react to the murder/execution of the South Park team by radical Muslim group? Matt and Trey hold some weight and do have some influence with the population - especially with regards to social commentary on current political environment. Hope it's just an empty threat...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This episode has already aired, I saw it a couple of days ago, part 2 of the episode is coming up.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Religions are the most hypocritical entities I have ever heard of.

Amazing.

I will NEVER understand the hypocrisy and how their followers fail to see it.

This is why I get so amped up when it comes to religion.

Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Saw the episode last week, waiting on part 2!

It's absolutely ridiculous to be threatening over something like this! I mean, nothing even happened to cause any upset as far as i'm concerned!

I do hope it's just a slly story with little weight behind it! :shk:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I really respect people who are devout in their religion, but not those that use religion to justify harm unto others. Why should anyone care if someone else depicts there savior in a negative light? Why should anyone use that as an excuse for violence? I do not know enough about Islam to say that it is a hateful religion, but I know enough about mankind to say they will use religion as an excuse to commit egregious acts. I say try to love the person that slings insults your way, but the second he tries to harm you physically defend appropriately. I respect each and everyone of you, no matter if I agree with your opinion. But the second you try to hurt me, my loved ones or those I can defend, you better hope you're somewhere I can't find you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Religions are the most hypocritical entities I have ever heard of.

Amazing.

I will NEVER understand the hypocrisy and how their followers fail to see it.

This is why I get so amped up when it comes to religion.

Ridiculous.

a very wise man once said:
"there are no Atheist in a foxhole"

The line is used in the film Wake Island, which was released in 1942.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin
[more
First off I don't care about what other Christians DO, second I don't care about typos, making fun of typos is one of the most played out slams one can give. and 3rd Muslims are encouraged to out" BREED" in non-muslim dominated countries. it is a weapon they do use. Muslims are only tolerant when they are the minority. They are ruining France and other European countries...So what I said is correct. they use it as a Weapon... Sorry to offend you...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are a few racist comments on here. Is that normally allowed?

I am not Muslim, but I do understand why there is objection to portrayal of the prophet. It's in the scripture that the prophet cannot be portrayed or drawn (bear suit or not) and that's how it is handed down as the law.

I wonder how many Christians really know that Christ looks nothing like he has been portrayed since the Italians of the middle ages taught us how to paint. He looked nothing like the stupid images of a 'WASP' that get passed around on greeting cards or in friendly illustrated Bibles for children. But that is how propaganda pushes the image of another prophet - just lies.

Raustin you were polite in dealing with some folks who show themselves up to be devoid of any real knowledge of anything beyond the hand they do whatever they do with.

I hope the South Park episode is as funny as the one with the bleeding Virgin Mary and Pope Ratzinger, but it is bound to cause a reaction. That's the law.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is just agreat example of the freedom of speech. Just because you can say anything does not mean you should.
edit to add: This is really retarded, southpark can make fun of, degrade and slander everything that they want but when a muslim says

We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably end up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show. This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them

It is a threat? That is not a threat that is just common sense. So the southpark makers can say anything they want and hide behind the freedom of speech but that same freedom does not extend to muslims?

[edit on 20-4-2010 by zaiger]

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Why not? I stand behind South Park on this one. Free speech is free speech and to be frank the whole 'kill infidels that show our child raping lord as evil' thing is a bit much. I really dislike muslims.

Since you hit edit, so did I. The owner of the website said he wanted to slit their (South Park creators) throats with a rusty blade, so that it would cause more pain.

I object to labeling ALL muslims as extremists, but they seem to be the biggest pain in the ass the world has faced in a long time. everywhere there is a flashpoint, there is a muslim problem.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Raustin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join