It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
How do I change the background behind my avatar? I've seen some of you have colored and even textured backgrounds. How do I go about doing this?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
go to the ATS store. look at the top and find "member center" click on that and look for ATS store on the left. click on that and....viola! you can now change your miniprofile background color or use a picture. this is different from changing your avatar as you still do that in your user control panel.

if you have any questions....dont be too shy to scream.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thanks you sir!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
When I click on ATS Store all I see is a white background.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo When I click on ATS Store all I see is a white background.
You don't have any points, so it doesn't display. Points are covered here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
How many points do I need and how do I get them?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
check the link in the post above yours...

or click here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

either one works!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Heehee, ok my bad, coolio, thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hmm I have experienced a problem, I have edited a photo in Adobe 8.0 photoshop and am trying to use it as my avatar, it is the proper height and width and I did upload it successfully, HOWEVER, I could not succeed in putting it because I did not know what to use as a URL...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It gives you the URL when you upload it at the top of the upload center. Use that and input it.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shugo
It gives you the URL when you upload it at the top of the upload center. Use that and input it.

THANK YOU!!!

Out of curiousity, only moderators can have Deny Ignorance written on their avatars right?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Out of curiousity, only moderators can have Deny Ignorance written on their avatars right?

No, you are free to have "deny Ignorance" in your avatar.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

No, you are free to have "deny Ignorance" in your avatar.

Alright, just hope I don't get in trouble for having it...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey guys I accidentally bought a background that I hate. (I know you all are laughing at me) Do I have to buy it again to change it. Also once I do buy it how do I find a color I want.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The best way is to get the digital color code from an image editing program. I use Photoshop.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Also once I do buy it how do I find a color I want.

www.december.com...
One of my most oft-used resources.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I have a question regarding the mini-profile background image - after I get the 2500 points I need, I'd like to put an image in there instead of just a color, but I can't find anything on ATS that specifies what the dimensions of this image should be....I see a lot of them are tiled and some that aren't - what's the difference b/w these??

PM - your new avatar is awesome man!
Both freaky and tastefully amusing -

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
*bump*
What do I have to do to keep my background image from tiling?

Please be aware that the typical width of the table cell for your custom profile is about 180 pixels. Please make sure that your image does not interfer with your profile information nor present users with an ugly repeat of the pattern.

I'm not getting the exact meaning of this as it applies to the dimensions my image needs to be.....

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well...WOS's background image is 180x600...so it only takes one to cover the whole post. And if its a long post it only tiles once or twice.

So make the image LONG...like 180x2000px or something. Unless its a picture or something that cant be made taht long.

[Edited on 13-8-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Awesome - thanks for the advice

top topics

<<   2 >>

join