It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mathematical Model of Sentimental Dynamics Accounting for Marital Dissolution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
OK... here we go....

A) As a member of the set of relationships that fall outside this mathematical model, I am compelled to make a brief statement.

Warning: This statement defies the source.

The reason marriages fail, (much as relationships of any sort in the realm of human bonding) can be expressed simply and concisely in one of two ways:

Assumption: A relationship exists

---------------------------------------------------

Relationships fail because:

Method One: One or both individuals do not posses the will to endure the constant waxing and waning of human emotions. As humans, variability of perception and imperfect communication are NORMAL functions. Human reaction to this normal fluctuation is a matter of choice - it always has been.

There is NO measurable variant pressure which Humans cannot simply ignore or overcome.

Method Two: One or both individuals do not desire to expend the requisite effort to cultivate the relationship. The reasons for lack of desire are invariably a function of choice.

Those relationships that succeed are usually a function of sympathetic respect for goals, and mutuality of support.

------------------------------------------

Bottom line.... these people need to get out of the lab and try actually engaging in life, as opposed to trying to reverse-engineer the human condition into a statistical convenience... the sad part is... I bet they get money for this belated April Fool's joke.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I bet they get money for this belated April Fool's joke.

Funding: This work was partially supported by Ministerio de Ciencia e InnovaciĆ³n (Spain) through MTM2006-02372 and MTM2009-12672. The funders had no role in research design, decision to publish, or preparation of the manuscript. *

So I'm guessing some big-wig in the Spanish government was trying to figure out why his marriage failed and got these guys to explain it ... sort of.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
as the son of an nuke-u-ler scientist,, i needed to give a high 5 and a flag to you..

wonderfull work..

printing up a copy for the wife.. (ok maybe not).. my little secret..

just a little more effort and reap equilibrium..

perfect..TY

new topics

<< 1   >>

join