It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with all the attacks on tanning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Yet another article I have found attacking tanning and its compatriots. Plus with the added tax to tanning institutions under the new healthcare bill, it seems to be a one sided battle.

Why tanning? Why now? Have I missed something?

Your thoughts?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I am absolutely with you!

I have been wondering the same thing, although I didnt say anything..but its like..what is the big deal!

Weirdly enough..I had a dream last night, that a bunch of women were talking about it..and saying ..."I get fake tan , spray on"..sighs..Now its inhabiting my dreams!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
ummm because it gives you cancer? Because maybe it kills you?

More importantly, because you look like a D-bag having orange skin in the winter.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
ummm because it gives you cancer? Because maybe it kills you?

More importantly, because you look like a D-bag having orange skin in the winter.

Its no different than the sun, really..its like they used to say eggs are bad for you..it DOES cure depression, tho

Agreed about the orange skin..tho..lol..im pasty white and proud of it

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Tanning excessively causes cancer. A lot of people getting cancer adds to health care costs. A healthy amount of sun is fine. They don't want people to tan too much.

As for spray on tans, well, they often just look terrible. They make you look orange and not a normal shade of bronze.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's no body's business If you go tanning, I don't fake bake, but who am I, to decide if you shouldn't do it. doesn't the Government have anything better to do then regulate tanning or salt... like maybe some real job creation.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It is really bad for to go excessively , when you start to look orange then you go to much!! everything in moderation, but personally I dont think its natural to purposely altar your skin tone, be proud of your skin tone and don't waste money on something like that, the sun is free!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
It's no body's business If you go tanning, I don't fake bake, but who am I, to decide if you shouldn't do it. doesn't the Government have anything better to do then regulate tanning or salt... like maybe some real job creation.

This was the reaction I was looking for. I have gone tanning in the past but for skin problems, not for the look. However, I dont go regularly, but it is as Target Earth said, its no one's business what you do with your body. You wanna die of cancer? By all means, its your right, its your body, and at an eugenic's point of view, its one less mouth to feed.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Having just read the article, all I can say is what a bunch of crap! Tanning is addictive as alcohol or drugs? Give me a break! That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've read in a long time.

I'm not usually one to holler 'racist!', but since it's usually only caucasians that tan, this seems to be a racist tax. Good thing I get my tan for free; well, unless the government starts taxing my use of the sun.

top topics

join