It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth provides for our every need for free.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Your right i guess it is off to africa then, but not South Africa that place is a lot like the us. Haiti has land for cheap too.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by fernx

Wow...100 acres??

Check out Reader's Digest's "Back to Basics".
www.amazon.com...

I've read this book many times, the theme is "self-sufficient on 5 acres", animals and all. It's not child's play, it's work, but well worth the effort.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf
reply to post by fernx

Wow...100 acres??

Check out Reader's Digest's "Back to Basics".
www.amazon.com...

I've read this book many times, the theme is "self-sufficient on 5 acres", animals and all. It's not child's play, it's work, but well worth the effort.

I have the book. Great book love it and read it all the time....where did you get the five acres from?? What page, I don't remember seeing it. Mine was printed in 1981

Page 82 - Wood as a fuel, " If you own 10 acres of woodland, you should be able to harvest 6 to 7 cords a year - enough to heat an average three bedroom house."
.....just a side note, we use about 12 cord a year to heat our house might be colder where I live than where this book was intended for.

And if you are going to build you own house and barn and fences, you will need alot more acres of trees.

I am going with 100 acres because that was the amount of land that the average farm here was divided into many years ago when people actually lived off the land. I am sure you can have a great garden and a few animals on 5 acres but to be self sufficient I would go with 100 acres. We can pasture animals for a few months in the summer, but it takes alot more crops to subtain them over the winter.

cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fernx

Grain, Legume and Animal husbandry are all only at most a 10,000 year old *invention*.

The roughly 2.5 million years of human evolution did not include all this junk. Nut's, fruits vegetables, fish, insects, and occasional wild game is what our diet *should* consist of. Not Cereal for breakfast, Nachos for lunch and a T-Bone steak for dinner.

The genetics of our domesticated animals for food consumption differ greatly from the wild counterparts that we did eat, and studies of paleolithic site's show that our diet did not consist of large quantities of animals as it does today. We're developing all these inflammatory diseases because of the diets we've adopted that our bodies are not developed to handle. It's like forcing a lion to get all it's nutrients on an herbivore diet. Sure, it'll still live for the most part, but it'll develop all sorts of health related issues as a result.

Case in point, it's just laughable and sad all at the same time that you folks whine about your bread and steaks when the stuff is no good for you. Unless you can show me a picture of your mouth suckling on the teat of a cow for milk, then I don't want to hear that we need cow's for milk. Your mommy should have given you all the milk you required when you were young, just as mommy cows do for baby cows. The only reason a dairy cow even makes the amount of milk it does is because humans selected for dairy cows to produce that large of an amount.

Basically, you do not need 100 acres to raise livestock that is unhealthy and the required resources to waste on it. It's projected that by the year 2050 our population is going to increase to 9 or 10 billion people and by 2100 we'll hit 18 to 20 billion people. How many acres of land do you think is going to be required to sustain a population of that size for housing, land for farming, landing for grazing etc?

You people are so stuck in your tunnels that you just ignore the problem, pretend it doesn't exist and could give to licks about what kind of world your leaving your children, grandchildren and great grand children in the next 20 to 80 years. It's sad and disgusting to even consider you people part of the human species. You ridicule and poke fun at people like me who see that problem, want to fix the problem but meet difficulties mostly because of people like you who simply don't care.

My son was born this past December and he's going to live to see our population today more than double from 7 billion to 20 billion by the time he is 80. How many people will there be when my grandchildren reach 80? Will my grandchildren even get to reach 80? At this current rate, I doubt they will, and that scares the crap out of me. In only two more generations, most of us humans will be extinct due to nothing but complete utter stupidity and greed.

THANKS!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by fernx

Grain, Legume and Animal husbandry are all only at most a 10,000 year old *invention*.

The roughly 2.5 million years of human evolution did not include all this junk. Nut's, fruits vegetables, fish, insects, and occasional wild game is what our diet *should* consist of. Not Cereal for breakfast, Nachos for lunch and a T-Bone steak for dinner.

Ok I agree that this may be true, but how many people were on the earth 10,000 years ago?

1804 hit the 1 billion mark. We now have around 7 billion. This is why we have to farm, there is not enough "natural" food available on earth to feed 7 billion people. Where I live there is 1.5 deer per person, so lets say I eat one deer per year in a few years there would be no deer. (which would be my occasional wild game, as you state) Then I would have to pick on some other wild animal or fish or what ever, it does not add up with our currant population.

cheers

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fernx

This is why we have to farm, there is not enough "natural" food available on earth to feed 7 billion people.

That's such bull crap, honestly. We don't have to farm grains and livestock to feed people. We have the means and know how to start vertical farms for all the *healthy* plants known to mankind. We don't need 15 billion acres to feed 20 billion people. Yet the greed of mankind says we do. It's complete BS. Because some of you want 100 acres to raise livestock, the rest of mankind has to live in poverty? Where's the humanity in that?

Where I live there is 1.5 deer per person, so lets say I eat one deer per year in a few years there would be no deer.

Why do you need to eat that much dear when your digestive tract can more easily extract the required and more nutritious nutrients out of insect, which we're more adapted (bodily) to consume? You don't seem to get it or understand it. This lifestyle we're living right now is not the lifestyle we evolved into. It's one that power hungry and greedy humans INVENTED. There is a HUGE difference between invented and natural.

(which would be my occasional wild game, as you state) Then I would have to pick on some other wild animal or fish or what ever, it does not add up with our currant population.

I agree, with current population killing wild animals, they would become extinct (both), so move on to the more digestible nutrient rich insects that we've for millions of years have eaten without much ill effect. The current western thought of 'eww bugs' is indoctrination, not actual fact. Insects are far more nutritious and healthy for you delivering much needed nutrients that you DON'T get from red meats that cause a host of inflammatory diseases.

With world population increasing, we just don't have the infrastructure, resources or land to continue this stupid greedy garbage. You don't have to eat whole insects, you can make a veggie burger (if you MUST have something that looks like cow patties) that has dehydrated insect powder to deliver the required proteins to you. It's just so narrow minded and utterly ridiculous that people think that the only way to do thing's is the westernized American way. We have to drill holes in the ground for natural gas despite the fact that we crap the stuff out on a daily basis. We have to mine for metals despite our throw away society putting TONNES of metals in landfills polluting our DRINKING WATER. We HAVE to have pharmaceutical companies despite taking natural herbs and plants that these medicines are derived from and ARE NOT SYNTHETIC.

Look what happened to Russia. We're next my friend. You guy's want to continue doing it this way and make fun of me for wanting to change our ways, then fine. I'm changing how I live even if it doesn't effect anything because I actually do give a damn. You want to continue making excuses, then go ahead. My family will far outlast your family. It's my children who will gain ownership over this planet long after you family is dead. Your genetic line is gone, you have no future because you don't care about the future. Enjoy your life now, and tell your kids and grand kids that your sorry for destroying their only home. I hope you people are happy with yourselves. Continue ridiculing and telling me thing's can't change, I honestly could care less, because I am changing and I'm teaching my children to be mature and responsible towards their only home.

It doesn't matter how many people their are on the planet. It only matters how we manage what resources we do have on the planet. So long as you don't care how we manage our land, water and other resources, we'll end up extinct. Like I've mentioned before, don't place you guilt towards me on a negative note. Use your guilt as a tool to change for the positive. Look towards the alternatives instead of making excuses and saying we can't change thing's. We are all leaders of our own lives. Your either a master or a pansy little slave. You pick how you want to be perceived, and so far it isn't looking so good for you, or the other poster who also make's excuses.

I'm a master, who do you REALLY want to be?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
We need about 56 grams of protein a day.

en.wikipedia.org...(nutrient)

Dietary sources of protein include meats, eggs, nuts, grains, legumes, and dairy products such as milk and cheese.[1]

[edit] In developing countries
Protein deficiency is a serious cause of ill health and death in developing countries. Protein deficiency plays a part in the disease kwashiorkor. War, famine, overpopulation and other factors can increase rates of malnutrition and protein deficiency. Protein deficiency can lead to reduced intelligence or mental retardation, see nutrition disorder.

In countries that suffer from widespread protein deficiency, food is generally full of plant fibers, which makes adequate energy and protein consumption very difficult[citation needed]. Protein deficiency is generally caused by lack of total food energy, making it an issue of not getting food in total. Symptoms of kwashiorkor include apathy, diarrhoea, inactivity, failure to grow, flaky skin, fatty liver, and edema of the belly and legs. This edema is explained by the normal functioning of proteins in fluid balance and lipoprotein transport.[14]

Now with 7 billion people on earth show me the links that support your claim there is enough edible wild bugs in to world for 7 billion people and that we will not wipe out a insect species eating these bugs. And if you say we can farm them well that is the same as farming beef and crops. Lets see proof and links, I know we can eat bugs but if everyone did they would be wiped out too. Show your numbers and links. Do you know what happens when all the bugs are gone?????I do.

cheers

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by fernx

Now with 7 billion people on earth show me the links that support your claim there is enough edible wild bugs in to world for 7 billion people and that we will not wipe out a insect species eating these bugs. And if you say we can farm them well that is the same as farming beef and crops. Lets see proof and links, I know we can eat bugs but if everyone did they would be wiped out too. Show your numbers and links. Do you know what happens when all the bugs are gone?????I do.

You don't wipe then out through farming them. I've also already provided a couple of links a while back.

en.wikipedia.org...

Farming insects is not analogous to farming livestock as the they don't require acres upon acres of pasture to graze on, require less food and water than animal husbandry. Your concerns are ill thought out and the argument against it only becomes valid if we get all the insects from the wild alone.

[EDIT TO ADD]

With the inevitable increase in human population and the required increase in food production as a result to feed all those new mouths, our current farming practices are going to force us to cut down forests in order to create the much needed land to grow all this required food and animals. Great, the lumber industry replants, but a farm can't replant. Once that land is taken for farming or grazing, that's it. It's gone until we've destroyed the land itself and it's no longer fertile enough to grow crops or support livestock.

Besides, red meat causes inflammatory diseases. Obviously that garbage isn't meant for human consumption, along with milk, grains and legumes.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

every week from moscow
to madagascar, ronald mcdonald's smile warms the hearts of all people regardless of race.color, creed, sex and social status by opening 3 new mcdonalds restaurants as ambasador of my country, america, ronald personally invites you to join him on his quest to end world hunger enjoy

Besides, red meat causes inflammatory diseases. Obviously that garbage isn't meant for human consumption, along with milk, grains and legumes.

What are these "inflamatory diseases" you keep talking about. I really doubt insects are going to save the planet. Sure cows take more watter and eat grass but water is the most abundant resource on the planet and is always recycling its self. Meat is good for you even cimps in the wild eat it.
www-rcf.usc.edu...
So maybe we should be eating other primates from time to time.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

What are these "inflamatory diseases" you keep talking about.

en.wikipedia.org...

If you don't like the quick easy reference of wikipedia, then there are numerous medical articles that you can look up to verify the validity of the statements made from wikipedia.

I really doubt insects are going to save the planet.

So long as people continuously say eww to them. Just got my book on how to cook the little buggers up today! Tomorrow I'm going to order some from online and try a few recipes.

Sure cows take more watter and eat grass but water is the most abundant resource on the planet and is always recycling its self.

Fresh potable water fit for human consumption is not the most abundant resource. Of all the water available on this planet, only a small fraction of that water is actually drinkable.

Meat is good for you even cimps in the wild eat it.

I've already gone over this argument. Of the four great apes, humans and chimps are the only one's that consume meat. Chimpanzee diets are 90% vegetarian, consisting of fruits, nuts and seeds. Of the last ten percent, a significant portion of that goes to insects and then they occasionally hunt for infant red colobus mostly. If you read the article rather than linking it without question, you would notice this sentence:

"Chimpanzees are largely fruit eaters, and meat composes only about 3% of the time they spent eating overall, less than in nearly all human societies."

So maybe we should be eating other primates from time to time.

No, we should be eating fish instead of red meats. I'm a huge advocate of the aquatic ape theory as it makes perfect sense seeing that we're the only primate that naturally takes to the water, lacks fur and possess a subcutaneous fat layer present in aquatic mammals and are the only primate capable of purposefully holding our breath for the sole purpose of diving under water.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

If you don't like the quick easy reference of wikipedia, then there are numerous medical articles that you can look up to verify the validity of the statements made from wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah people who do not eat red meat still get those diseases.

So long as people continuously say eww to them. Just got my book on how to cook the little buggers up today! Tomorrow I'm going to order some from online and try a few recipes.

Yeah i breed them, they are nasty little things, they will eat their own crap and grom mold on themselves.

Fresh potable water fit for human consumption is not the most abundant resource. Of all the water available on this planet, only a small fraction of that water is actually drinkable.

Yeah "the man" has these huge plants where they turn non drinkable water into drinkable water. You can do it yourself it is not exactly rocket science.

I've already gone over this argument. Of the four great apes, humans and chimps are the only one's that consume meat. Chimpanzee diets are 90% vegetarian, consisting of fruits, nuts and seeds. Of the last ten percent, a significant portion of that goes to insects and then they occasionally hunt for infant red colobus mostly. If you read the article rather than linking it without question, you would notice this sentence:

"Chimpanzees are largely fruit eaters, and meat composes only about 3% of the time they spent eating overall, less than in nearly all human societies."

www.janegoodall.org...
gorillas too. Keep in mind the gorilla was thought to be a mgaical creature so there is much more to learn.

No, we should be eating fish instead of red meats.

Over fishing is already a huge problem i do not see how eliminating red meat and eating more fish would help anything.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
www.aboutmcdonalds.com...

Instead of bashing McDonnalds you should eat there. Your money could help those in need or you can ask them to sponsor you on your trip to africa that you will be making
www.aboutmcdonalds.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah people who do not eat red meat still get those diseases.

You are just utterly lazy aren't you? LMFAO!

READ that link. Quote from it. Do you have problems with comprehension? Here is one sentence to start with:

"Mortality from ischemic heart disease was 24% lower in vegetarians than in nonvegetarians"

Enjoyed the wonderful laugh, thanks!

Yeah i breed them, they are nasty little things, they will eat their own crap and grom mold on themselves.

Cows eat their own vomit as part of it's digestive process. Pigs eat their own feces. Where we going with this again? Are we attempting to gross out the buggy competition whilst ignoring your favorite animals do the same thing. You really blow at coming up with arguments to support you stance on the issue.

Yeah "the man" has these huge plants where they turn non drinkable water into drinkable water. You can do it yourself it is not exactly rocket science.

Yea, perfect idea genius. Let's destroy a mountain to get it's coal to burn to turn our generators to provide the electricity needed to distill the water from the ocean and then dump the resulting waste from the desalination plant (which is classified as an industrial waste) back into the ocean. Nah, can't see any problems occurring with removing water and increasing the salinity of our oceans.

www.janegoodall.org...
gorillas too. Keep in mind the gorilla was thought to be a mgaical creature so there is much more to learn.

Again, learn to read. The article does not say Gorillas eat meat.

Over fishing is already a huge problem i do not see how eliminating red meat and eating more fish would help anything.

Wild caught overfishing, yes. Farmed fishing no. I don't see how you can continuously keep posting without any tangible, valid arguments.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You are just utterly lazy aren't you? LMFAO!

READ that link. Quote from it. Do you have problems with comprehension? Here is one sentence to start with:

"Mortality from ischemic heart disease was 24% lower in vegetarians than in nonvegetarians"

Enjoyed the wonderful laugh, thanks!

Yeah it also says

Non-lean red meat

which is a huge difference between a mcdonnalds burger, a lean steak and greasy ribs.
it also says

Other studies, in contrast, have shown no significant differences between vegetarians and nonvegetarians in mortality from cerebrovascular disease, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, or prostate cancer, although the sample of vegetarians was small and included ex-smokers who had switched their diet within the last five years

"British vegetarians have low mortality compared with the general population. Their death rates are similar to those of comparable non-vegetarians, suggesting that much of this benefit may be attributed to non-dietary lifestyle factors such as a low prevalence of smoking and a generally high socio-economic status, or to aspects of the diet other than the avoidance of meat and fish."

5 out of 5 studies indicated that adults who followed a low meat, high plant-food diet pattern experienced significant or marginally significant decreases in mortality risk relative to other patterns of intake.

Cows eat their own vomit as part of it's digestive process.

Everyone "eats their own vomit" .

Pigs, like the above insects, will eat the feces of herbivores that leave a significant amount of semi-digested matter.

Yeah pigs will eat the crap of herbivores but that fine i really don't eat pig they are nasty little buggers that eat their own crap.

Yea, perfect idea genius. Let's destroy a mountain to get it's coal to burn to turn our generators to provide the electricity needed to distill the water from the ocean and then dump the resulting waste from the desalination plant (which is classified as an industrial waste) back into the ocean. Nah, can't see any problems occurring with removing water and increasing the salinity of our oceans.

en.wikipedia.org...
Its a bit more complicated than that.

www.dancingrabbit.org...
these guys on the other hand do just dump their poop into nearby watter. You might want to check it out they have a whole little eco village that would be right up your alley, and many things that do not make sense.
Like they use solar power but use the compact flourecent lights which have mercury. If you are using free energy from the sun why would it matter if you were using an energy saving bulb? They also use Hu-manure which is just a fancy green name for en.wikipedia.org... night soil, which is just another bad name for human crap that gives you tapeworms. But you said tapeworms have lots of protien so you should be good.

Again, learn to read. The article does not say Gorillas eat meat.

Now, there's evidence raising the possibility gorillas also eat small vertebrates such as monkeys and antelope

Wild caught overfishing, yes. Farmed fishing no. I don't see how you can continuously keep posting without any tangible, valid arguments.

en.wikipedia.org...
that is a whole other can of worms. How much fresh natural earth mother tree hugging watter does it take to keep a fish farm and keep the fish water clean? Fish farming is worse than the caged chickens those things are sick and sad. They have to add dye to salmon to get it red because their meat is not even the right color in a fish farm. But right now you can get a big mac for 2.49 and by doing so you are helping ronald mcdonnald charaty houses across the nation. By purchasing organic stuff from organic farmers you are only aiding to their ongoing greed and choke hold they have on the hippy community.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yeah it also says

Non-lean red meat

which is a huge difference between a mcdonnalds burger, a lean steak and greasy ribs.

Your doing it wrong and hopefully this little debate of ours will help you out in school if you ever decide to take debate class and learn how to actually debate an issue.

www.cancer.gov...

Research has shown that cooking certain meats at high temperatures creates chemicals that are not present in uncooked meats. A few of these chemicals may increase cancer risk. For example, heterocyclic amines (HCAs) are the carcinogenic chemicals formed from the cooking of muscle meats such as beef, pork, fowl, and fish. HCAs form when amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) and creatine (a chemical found in muscles) react at high cooking temperatures. Researchers have identified 17 different HCAs resulting from the cooking of muscle meats that may pose human cancer risk.

it also says

Other studies, in contrast, have shown no significant differences between vegetarians and nonvegetarians in mortality from cerebrovascular disease, stomach cancer, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, or prostate cancer, although the sample of vegetarians was small and included ex-smokers who had switched their diet within the last five years

*FACEPALM* Please make note of the now bold text from your quote.

"British vegetarians have low mortality compared with the general population. Their death rates are similar to those of comparable non-vegetarians, suggesting that much of this benefit may be attributed to non-dietary lifestyle factors such as a low prevalence of smoking and a generally high socio-economic status, or to aspects of the diet other than the avoidance of meat and fish."

It'll do you a world of wonder to take a look at the report itself. They determined this from a questionnaire between the 70's and 80's that was based on dietary habits. Not entirely a very scientific or accurate study. Good try though!

5 out of 5 studies indicated that adults who followed a low meat, high plant-food diet pattern experienced significant or marginally significant decreases in mortality risk relative to other patterns of intake.

Not sure why this one is in here as I've never said we have to drop meat. The study is right, a diet more closely resembling that of our closest primate relatives will certainly prolong our life expectancy as that is the diet we evolved to eat, not the diet we invented for ourselves.

Cows eat their own vomit as part of it's digestive process.

Everyone "eats their own vomit" .

OK.

Pigs, like the above insects, will eat the feces of herbivores that leave a significant amount of semi-digested matter.

Yeah pigs will eat the crap of herbivores but that fine i really don't eat pig they are nasty little buggers that eat their own crap.

So vomit is OK?

en.wikipedia.org...
Its a bit more complicated than that.

One disadvantage is that chlorination of residual organic material can generate chlorinated-organic compounds that may be carcinogenic or harmful to the environment.

However, recent evidence has demonstrated that very low levels of specific contaminants in wastewater, including hormones (from animal husbandry and residue from human hormonal contraception methods) and synthetic materials such as phthalates that mimic hormones in their action, can have an unpredictable adverse impact on the natural biota and potentially on humans if the water is re-used for drinking water.

www.dancingrabbit.org...
these guys on the other hand do just dump their poop into nearby watter. You might want to check it out they have a whole little eco village that would be right up your alley, and many things that do not make sense.

I can find no reference to them dumping their excrement into nearby water.

Like they use solar power but use the compact flourecent lights which have mercury. If you are using free energy from the sun why would it matter if you were using an energy saving bulb?

Good question, they should either move to LED which saves even more energy and doesn't contain mercury.

They also use Hu-manure which is just a fancy green name for en.wikipedia.org... night soil, which is just another bad name for human crap that gives you tapeworms. But you said tapeworms have lots of protien so you should be good.

First, I never said anything about eating tapeworms, although you have numerous times in a heated effort to continue being a complete smart ass. Secondly, humanure is no more dangerous than any other animal waste used as composting/fertilizer material.

Now, there's evidence raising the possibility gorillas also eat small vertebrates such as monkeys and antelope

Again, learn to read.

but the researchers involved say more study is needed. The study was intended to examine bonobos' meat-eating habits, using gorillas in Loango National Park in Gabon as a control. The evidence showed animal DNA infeces of both control and study groups.

No direct evidence of gorillas hunting or consuming meat is cited. I can name a few ways animal DNA can be in the feces of Gorillas. As well as the researchers which is WHY they need to study it more to determine the origin of animal DNA in the feces.

en.wikipedia.org...
that is a whole other can of worms. How much fresh natural earth mother tree hugging watter does it take to keep a fish farm and keep the fish water clean? Fish farming is worse than the caged chickens those things are sick and sad. They have to add dye to salmon to get it red because their meat is not even the right color in a fish farm. But right now you can get a big mac for 2.49 and by doing so you are helping ronald mcdonnald charaty houses across the nation. By purchasing organic stuff from organic farmers you are only aiding to their ongoing greed and choke hold they have on the hippy community.

Your not trying hard enough, your still stuck on this 'Do everything wastefully' kick of yours.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.umassgreeninfo.org... water_for_gardens.html

There's a decent solution for you.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

reply to post by fernx

Now with 7 billion people on earth show me the links that support your claim there is enough edible wild bugs in to world for 7 billion people and that we will not wipe out a insect species eating these bugs. And if you say we can farm them well that is the same as farming beef and crops.

en.wikipedia.org...

Farming insects is not analogous to farming livestock as the they don't require acres upon acres of pasture to graze on, require less food and water than animal husbandry. Your concerns are ill thought out and the argument against it only becomes valid if we get all the insects from the wild alone.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by sirnex]

Your opening line " The Earth provides for our every need for free."

You are contradicting youself again! You can not farm these bugs for free to feed 7 billion people! I liked some of the numbers like:

This gives house crickets a true food conversion efficiency almost 20 times higher than beef.[10]

and

Production of 150g of grasshopper meat requires only very little water, while cattle requires 3290 liters to produce the same amount of beef.[25]

But it is not for free! Start a new thread and think about your topic line carefully....you are on the right track but people will not listen when you contradict yourself.

cheers

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by fernx

[QUOTE]Your opening line " The Earth provides for our every need for free."

And I still stand by that statement. Go outside today and ask the Earth how much it's going to charge you to pick that dandelion for you to have your breakfast fritters.

You are contradicting youself again! You can not farm these bugs for free to feed 7 billion people!

That's just an empty statement. You tell me I'm contradicting myself, then please explain how so.

I liked some of the numbers like:

This gives house crickets a true food conversion efficiency almost 20 times higher than beef.[10]

and

Production of 150g of grasshopper meat requires only very little water, while cattle requires 3290 liters to produce the same amount of beef.[25]

They're also very nutritious for you and certain species are eaten for purely how tasty they are.

But it is not for free! Start a new thread and think about your topic line carefully....you are on the right track but people will not listen when you contradict yourself.

Change your mode of thinking and please don't put human economic constraints upon the planet itself. The Earth does not operate under human economic terms. Humans do that. Humans control other humans and limit the resources available to other humans and then charge humans for those resources that are in abundance or can be easily farmed and made available to either oneself or in a community setting. Clearly you failed to comprehend the message in the OP.

The Earth does NOT charge you for anything, your fellow MAN does this, learn the distinction and make a more intelligent argument in your next reply.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

reply to post by fernx

[QUOTE]Your opening line " The Earth provides for our every need for free."

And I still stand by that statement. Go outside today and ask the Earth how much it's going to charge you to pick that dandelion for you to have your breakfast fritters.

It may not charge me for the dandelion BUT what about the flour, milk baking powder, eggs, oil, and all the other ingredients in the fritter! You are contradicting yourself again! You say don't eat flour or other animal products like milk, but now you are telling me to eat a dandelion fritter!!!! LOL
LOL

Also to cold here for dandelions yet! So I think I will have MY fresh farm raised eggs and bacon today with a side of toast. (got the bread from the store but the rest was raised on my farm)

www.learningherbs.com...

Give it up...this is pointless. I will not be sucked into resonding to your nonsense again.

cheers

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fernx

It may not charge me for the dandelion

Whoa, wait a minute! Did you just contradict YOURSELF?

BUT

*sigh*, There's always that one guy who says "but".

what about the flour, milk baking powder, eggs, oil, and all the other ingredients in the fritter!

You don't know much about cooking do you? The flour you buy in the grocery store is not the only kind of flour that exists. Acorns make a very nutritious and tasty flour, you can also use cattails if you wish, they make great pancakes. Water can be used in place of the milk, just mix it with the flour of choice and dip the Dandelion in the mixture. Coconut oil is great and very healthy for cooking them in.

Best part, the EARTH does NOT demand you pay for these thing's. HUMANS demand payment.

You are contradicting yourself again! You say don't eat flour or other animal products like milk, but now you are telling me to eat a dandelion fritter!!!! LOL LOL

There's more than one way to make a fritter my friend. Learn to cook, it'll save you a ton of money rather than ordering out or buying frozen dinners.

Also to cold here for dandelions yet! So I think I will have MY fresh farm raised eggs and bacon today with a side of toast. (got the bread from the store but the rest was raised on my farm)

Go for it, if you want to die at a younger age than you normally would have, then by all means, please go for it.

Give it up...this is pointless. I will not be sucked into resonding to your nonsense again.

Yes you will.

[EDIT TO ADD]

Forgot to mention that flour from grains is not really healthy nor are grains themselves healthy at all. Acorn flour FTW!!!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Your doing it wrong and hopefully this little debate of ours will help you out in school if you ever decide to take debate class and learn how to actually debate an issue.

www.cancer.gov...

Research has shown that cooking certain meats at high temperatures creates chemicals that are not present in uncooked meats. A few of these chemicals may increase cancer risk. For example, heterocyclic amines (HCAs) are the carcinogenic chemicals formed from the cooking of muscle meats such as beef, pork, fowl, and fish. HCAs form when amino acids (the building blocks of proteins) and creatine (a chemical found in muscles) react at high cooking temperatures. Researchers have identified 17 different HCAs resulting from the cooking of muscle meats that may pose human cancer risk.

That does not say meat is bad, that is just saying cooked meat can be bad for you. So this is not "vegatarian: this is about eating raw meat.

*FACEPALM* Please make note of the now bold text from your quote.

So it is now established that switching to a vegetarian diet does not help even after 5 years.

It'll do you a world of wonder to take a look at the report itself. They determined this from a questionnaire between the 70's and 80's that was based on dietary habits. Not entirely a very scientific or accurate study. Good try though!

So everything you like is accurate and anything you do not like is old and dated material?

Not sure why this one is in here as I've never said we have to drop meat.

Really?

The study is right, a diet more closely resembling that of our closest primate relatives will certainly prolong our life expectancy as that is the diet we evolved to eat, not the diet we invented for ourselves.

The diet we have evolved to eat is the diet we are eating today.

I can find no reference to them dumping their excrement into nearby water.

Why don't you ask them what they do with it. They use their crap to make night soil and everything else goes out into a "wetlands" they have made which is just a fancy way of saying we dump it over here.

Good question, they should either move to LED which saves even more energy and doesn't contain mercury.

LEDs have their own problems, if they are making free energy from the sun why not use a regular light bulb?

First, I never said anything about eating tapeworms, although you have numerous times in a heated effort to continue being a complete smart ass. Secondly, humanure is no more dangerous than any other animal waste used as composting/fertilizer material.

Really? Because when you go to the supermarket there are very strict guidelines on keeping the food sanitary, without those rules people get tapeworms and ecoli.
But mother nature did now mean for us to wash food or wear clothes, we were made to eat worms and die of ecoli with a gut full of tapeworm.

Oh yeah what kind of car do you drive?
What other non-essential electric items do you use everyday besides your computer?
how many solar pannels do you have on your roof?
How many wind turbines do you have on your roof?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by zaiger]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join