It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth provides for our every need for free.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Earth is not wasting precious resources and clays, its abundant. Bamboo can be used as wood, it is a wood, something that is a fast renewable crop that can saves harvesting precious forrests, which should not be destroyed and its destroying our world and the natural habitat of its other inhabits, all creatures great and small.

I was asking him about bamboo and he said build with CEB.
As covered earlier lumber companies replant more than they cut so it also sustainable. This is where the green thing fails. it is okay to "destroy our world and the natural habitat of its other inhabits, all creatures great and small" if it is to build a bamboo farm or a huge wind farm, but when a lumber comapny chops down trees and replants more than it takes that is somehow wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I do not get it compressed earth blocks are a brick alternative and bamboo is a wood.

CEB is just plain dirt right from the site compressed into blocks, whereas bricks are fired to dry and shipped to the site. Bamboo is a grass, and a fast growing grass at that. Cedar is wood and grows a lot slower than grass.

According to my toilet i can digest meat just fine.

Look it up.

You are allowed to do everything you descirbed. You can legally build a dirt hut and live it it on your land. You can build a house out of bamboo, you can mount wind turbines and solar panels to it. You can start you own little grasshopper farm. There is nothing illegal about anything you want to do. Land in texas and montana is dirt cheap nobody is stopping you from going there and creating green world.

Many of the so called "alternative" building styles that man has been using for the last thousands of years is in most places not allowed as the building codes don't currently define "what is allowed". Then you also have to deal with neighbors who just might not like your choice of building materials and stop you from using them. Yes, that has happened before. Look it up. In this day and age a permit is required for just about everything you can think of. Your right, so long as I get those beloved permits (Pending acceptance for some things not currently acceptable) then it's perfectly legal. Yet, I'm not paying anyone for the right or 'privilege' to sustain my family. Just not going to happen.

See that is the diference, im not complaining about the stuff i use everyday. You use it just like i do but for some reason you think you are better than everyone else because you use it and complain about it.

No, I don't use a lot of the thing's you probably use. You don't complain about how the resources are acquired or put to use because it doesn't personally affect you right this minute (technically it does but that's another story). I complain about the wasteful and polluting resources because the alternatives are cheaper and healthier for the environment.

See, that's the real difference. I care what kind of home is left for my offspring. You care about your burger.

Yes lets talk about greed and stupidity.

Hybrid cars- Cost way more than regular cars but still use gas. Not having to fill up as often people use them more because they pollute less. So instead of not driving because of the price of gas people with hybrid cars drive more therefore defeating the purpose of having the hybrid in the first place.
Electric cars- They still cost more and are very inefficient, when you have to plug them in to power them up you are using electricity from a plant that burns coal. So the power plant has to produce that much more energy to fuel the car.
Energy saving lights- The compact flourecents do use less energy but they contain mercury so when you are done with this wonderful green product it has to go to a hazardous waste disposal site. LEDs can be hazerdous because of the blue light hazard and the brighter ones cause light polution.OLEDs have life span of under 1,000 hours and would not be practical.
All in all green products cost more which if they are built with cheap and sustainable methods should be cheaper but they are not. Manufacturers know that this green thing is a fad and will die out but the money people are willing to pay for things that are "green" continues to fuel this green craze.

Your partially right in my opinion. I agree that the companies are using the alternatives as a marketing ploy to increase profits. Despite the cost of *SOME* alternatives, like CEB and bamboo or bioplastics, they are still far safer on the environment than a petroleum based industry. The root problem is the policy makers and this illusory value system that we continuously pretend holds any actual value.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I was asking him about bamboo and he said build with CEB.
As covered earlier lumber companies replant more than they cut so it also sustainable. This is where the green thing fails. it is okay to "destroy our world and the natural habitat of its other inhabits, all creatures great and small" if it is to build a bamboo farm or a huge wind farm, but when a lumber comapny chops down trees and replants more than it takes that is somehow wrong.

That's a flat out lie and you can re-read the post. I did mention your concern over bamboo. Just replace it, the stuff grows so quick, who care's if it rots out every so many years. Why does everything have to last forever? You wouldn't have to clear cut for bamboo farms or wind farms. Your mode of thinking is all skewed and twisted my friend. You think everything HAS to be done the way we do it now.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Magnets are something to find and utilize after the shift, and they have a long life, so should be collected though expensive now. Also, think out of the box, I only clued into some of their uses myself, and don't have the in depth knowledge some do, but ground pigments, magnetized and drawn on stone, ceramics, crytal, glass, may have some intersting qualities, and different shapes, may be used, geometry, repeats, fractals.

How do you make a circuit board? Things like this.

Since not everyone has the ability to collect all info, it is useful to get a small local survival group going that will pool resources, tools and knowledge and share with the whole group if separated as well, and hold informative sessions in garages to build hands on skills and knowledge. This is what I hope to get going when I move.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I suggest not waiting for a disaster, but in large numbers, we take all this information, and reasearch and tools, and especially our young scientists/doctors, in training in the universities with us, before they get owned by the bloodlines and WALK AWAY, and form our own villages.

Without doing this in large numbers, there is alternative and I am thinking of it now, its a way of slowly opting out, with like minded people, who treat their spread out homes/apartments in various towns and cities as if they are one eco village and start to pool ideas, resources, cut down on their slave jobs, and make do with home grown solutions, only and in short, make lists of all the essential goods and services they wish, and pool to set each other up. Only buy and sell and trade from/with each other, and when we can change the world, no need for money. We can be mavarics ourselves, with older more skilled mechanics, carpenters, engineers teaching hands on teenagers to build things themselves, including ham radios. We can't pretty much opt out partly in small groups and hopefully grow a large movement until we walk away.

Hey, do you know of any current movements like that?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Wind farms should not be put just anywhere, there are areas that are stark and mountainous with high winds, that are not used for much, that could be made into wind farms. But most people should have these attached to their own private lots. Survival and gaining self sufficiency for energy, while collective methods work in between disasters and can be pooled with volunteers, emphasizes self sufficiency, home based solutions. Ie. your own windmill, you own solar, you own steam powered item, your own zero point energy if you can pull it off. Have been collecting a few plans to experiment with.

www.youtube.com...
Lots of ideas here, and they have their own link to their website as well.

HYDROGEN GENERATOR DIY POWERFUL GAS ALTERNATIVE HHO WATER MAKE HYDROGEN

HUGE CRYSTAL BALL Glass Sphere Solar Fortune Teller

Inside an Inverter Generator, Car Alternator, AC

DIY Wind Turbine Blade DC 180 Volt Electric Generator HAWT Horizontal Axis Wind Turbine

Tons of videos and instrutions for building your own solar panels, fresnel lens solar cooking energy, stirling engines, solar water distillation, the list goes on. Being able to subsitute materials is something that needs to be explored.

Learning how to make batteries might be a good thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

CEB is just plain dirt right from the site compressed into blocks, whereas bricks are fired to dry and shipped to the site. Bamboo is a grass, and a fast growing grass at that. Cedar is wood and grows a lot slower than grass.

...Bamboo is a grass Cedar is a tree you can use these to get wood. CEBs are not that simple they have to be tested because the soild by your house is not the same as the soil by my house and they have to meet a certian strength standard.

Many of the so called "alternative" building styles that man has been using for the last thousands of years is in most places not allowed as the building codes don't currently define "what is allowed". Then you also have to deal with neighbors who just might not like your choice of building materials and stop you from using them. Yes, that has happened before. Look it up.

Go move to a place that does not have building codes if it is that importiant to you. It is not that hard to find, look it up.

In this day and age a permit is required for just about everything you can think of. Your right, so long as I get those beloved permits (Pending acceptance for some things not currently acceptable) then it's perfectly legal. Yet, I'm not paying anyone for the right or 'privilege' to sustain my family. Just not going to happen.

So you will feed your family grasshoppers and catepillars but will not buy a permit to build the eco-friendly house? You have to pay out the rear for "green" energy but a permit is too much?

No, I don't use a lot of the thing's you probably use. You don't complain about how the resources are acquired or put to use because it doesn't personally affect you right this minute (technically it does but that's another story). I complain about the wasteful and polluting resources because the alternatives are cheaper and healthier for the environment.

See, that's the real difference. I care what kind of home is left for my offspring. You care about your burger

That right i care about my burger. So tell me mr high green and mighty. Is your computer solar powered? Is it made from bioplastics and recycled metals? Is your keyboard made out of bioplastics? is your monitor made out of OLEDs? What is the chair you are sitting on made out of? What kind of car do you own? Do you shop at a store that also sells beef products? what is your house made out of?
Im sure you care about the earth but not enough to really stop using all the things that you like.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

...Bamboo is a grass Cedar is a tree you can use these to get wood. CEBs are not that simple they have to be tested because the soild by your house is not the same as the soil by my house and they have to meet a certian strength standard.

Repeat after me "Bamboo is a grass, you don't get wood from a grass." I'm not sure what you mean by 'have to', people have been building with all sorts of varying qualities of dirt for thousands of years and in some cases those structures are still standing today... thousands of years later. Have to my left ass cheek my friend. You mean forced to.

Go move to a place that does not have building codes if it is that importiant to you. It is not that hard to find, look it up.

I've tried finding places that don't have building codes, I've never found any. If you know of any I would greatly appreciate that.

So you will feed your family grasshoppers and catepillars but will not buy a permit to build the eco-friendly house? You have to pay out the rear for "green" energy but a permit is too much?

Recycling is your friend. Scavenge up all the parts for a wind turbine for free and go to town on the sucker. Why are you so infatuated with money? Can you survive a year eating nothing but money?

That right i care about my burger. So tell me mr high green and mighty. Is your computer solar powered? Is it made from bioplastics and recycled metals? Is your keyboard made out of bioplastics? is your monitor made out of OLEDs? What is the chair you are sitting on made out of? What kind of car do you own? Do you shop at a store that also sells beef products? what is your house made out of?
Im sure you care about the earth but not enough to really stop using all the things that you like.

I honestly wish I could stop using the things I do right now. It's somewhat hard at the moment, hence the nature of the OP. Why are we allowing this rather than fixing it? Why are we electing policy makers that advocate a petroleum based economy that destroys the environment versus more ecological alternatives existing? Why are we placing value in the almighty dollar when the dollar doesn't hold any actual true value? Thing's aren't expensive because they're expensive. They're expensive because we buy into the belief of value in an illusory economic system.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

www.meetup.com... (could be like minded groups in your area through here!)

I don't know of them yet, but have been in discussions with someone about how to start such a thing, these are the plans I have. Everyone needs to do this in their own area, such as a local survival message board, forum, blog, what can be done, with information on a variety of topics, and form a local group, and educate people. Things that will be needed should anything occur, from 2012 predictions, down the list, to anything that could knock the power out:

--medical skills/knowledge, including herbs, medicines, pain killers, (having some with medical training would be good, saving all the information that can be saved, on a variety of topics. They have stone scapels in South America that were used to perform surgery and worked better than stainless steel, so collecting knowledge and tools to build good idea).

--heritage seeds, farming/good growing/forrest seeding/companion planting/greenhouseing

--metal working/blacksmithing, tool forging, ways to produce electricity

--crafts of all kinds from spinning/weaving to pottery tying flies for fishing, everything you can imagine including natural dyes, paints, resins/glues

Physics/chemistry/science/math and a variety of manuals, books, printoffs.

Schematics for small scale, clean techology industry: mechanized.

Too much for one person, need a group.

Whether we're in a village yet or not, we can still act like we are by grouping up, maybe 20, then 50, then 100 people could see the value in being prepared, no matter what. Even if 2012 doesnt bring huge changes other than current nwo troubles, every generation should always be keepers of the knowledge and teach survival skills to the young.

Also, we did create the mess we're in by voting for the wrong people, instead of trusting in ourselves, and supporting all the big businesses, who continually formed monopolies.

What we need to do is collectively operate almost like a village, some paid jobs for taxes and a few things, but shared hours, and starting businesses so we can actually take the night back, and spend money on each other.

They would have no power to crash the system if we were tranfering our business to dealing with each other, we'd be creating prosperity.

Of course they might not like this, but I would never back down or budge. Rather die free and export this model to others especially third world. We can choose to support each other and be alot more discrimininating with who is worthy of prospering with our energy/labor or cash. No need to give to psychos.

Also, with 200,000 Americans losing their homes each month, how many end up homeless? I think homemade trailers, paper mache fifth wheels and gypsy caravans that are capapble of moving if targeted would be better than living in a city, homeless.

There has to be more people suggesting people group up and pool a few resources to get things going. And some generosity.

I keep hearing stories of what will happen if the economy is crashed and the power shuts off. Don't even need a cosmic event, under current circumstances most people wont make it, so we have to do something now, and think of others.

Here are two additional links I found on other threads, and saved:

www.pfaf.org...

www.wilderness-survival.net...
Wilderness Survival and traps and snares.

The main thing is different levels of planning need to be made, short term emergency basic survival, and longer term for comunities and catching up on technology but doing things differently and with more consiousness than they have ever been done by the leaders.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Repeat after me "Bamboo is a grass, you don't get wood from a grass."

Monocot wood

Structural material that roughly (in its gross handling characteristics) resembles ordinary, "dicot" or conifer wood is produced by a number of monocot plants, and these also are usually called wood. Of these, bamboo, botanically a member of the grass family, has considerable economic importance, larger culms being widely used as a building and construction material in their own right and, these days, in the manufacture of engineered flooring, panels and veneer.
en.wikipedia.org...

I've tried finding places that don't have building codes, I've never found any. If you know of any I would greatly appreciate that.

sub saharan africa, most of south america rural parts of louisiana and new hampshire.

Recycling is your friend. Scavenge up all the parts for a wind turbine for free and go to town on the sucker. Why are you so infatuated with money? Can you survive a year eating nothing but money?

Nope but neither could you. For you to scavenge up all the parts to get a wind turbine to generate enough power for whatever you need you would just depend on things other peope bought or things you bought.

I honestly wish I could stop using the things I do right now. It's somewhat hard at the moment, hence the nature of the OP.

It is not hard at all it is just easier to look down your nose at others and to think you are better than them for doing the same thing you are doing. Just stop using those things move to a third world country build an earth hut with wind turbines, it is not hard to do you just do not want to.

Why are we allowing this rather than fixing it?

There is not much to fix as the green activists want us to think there is.

Why are we electing policy makers that advocate a petroleum based economy that destroys the environment versus more ecological alternatives existing?

Because the petroleum based economy works for us. There are countless items that can be made from crude oil, and like everything else oil comes from mother nature and is formed from dead plants and animals.

Why are we placing value in the almighty dollar when the dollar doesn't hold any actual true value?

Because it is a lot easier than hauling around all the goods you own to trade, so people came up with paper money. Everytime i see people discuss how to create a better economy it always goes the same way. People come up with a barter system and when they see how impractical that would be bartering "valuable" things for other things, they end up back to creating some form of currency.

Thing's aren't expensive because they're expensive. They're expensive because we buy into the belief of value in an illusory economic system.

No things are expensive because we believe them to be valuable and scarce. Lets look at it your way. How many grasshoppers and vegtables would 5 solar panels be worth to you?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I personally believe that opting out is going to be more important than reacting because "tptb" play all strategies and manipulate people. I fully believe that 9/11 was an inside job with many obvious holes, and that 9/11 truth movement was seeded/fueled by the cia. That there will be a bandwagon to jump on soon, freedom fighters, who wont be peoples best friends in the end, and it wont be freedom.

They're counting on us reacting, we need to stand still. Just quietly group up and network a little find some like minded people, and do things under the scenes to create alternatives.

Try to change things by being the change you want to see and not trusting outward leaders of movements.

If disaster strikes, they have plans on surviving it. Northern BC and places in Alaska seem to be suvival areas, because there is a huge presence of something there all right, and its not citizen friendly. Atlin BC, a lovely remote town with hotsprings, thought of moving there all my life, has just erected a huge black phallic statue/symbol. I know what is there now. Black ops/probably bases too.

So, the idea of just living off the land in groups, and returning to the olden days, not only is it a gross manipulation of people, if they actually hid out in their bases for hundreds of years, and horded thier knowledge, medical breakthroughs and technology while doing this to humanity, it would be so evil, theres not a chance we should accept that. And there is no knowledge they have the right to horde!

But if they're not planning on doing that, then they're planning on rounding people up afterwards.

So all I know is that people need to start doing things, learning self sufficiency, keeping technology and refusing to be reset to primitive days, but I don't know how we will deal with them.

Nonetheless we need to do the right thing and getting areas to think in terms of survival and self reliance, food growing, energy, skills, is the right thing to do.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Make plastic from milk and vinegar. Not just bio-degradable, but non-toxic as well.

And if you have baking soda, make glue instead. It's just like Elmer's Glue, in fact it was how they originally made Elmer's Glue.

Flour, water, sugar for paste

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Monocot wood

*Facepalm* Did you read that last sentence in the complete text?

"With all this material, the structure and composition of the structural material is quite different from ordinary wood."

It's not "Wood" in the traditional sense of the word.

sub saharan africa, most of south america rural parts of louisiana and new hampshire.

Not moving to war ridden Africa. I've never heard of Southern America nor New Hampshire having no building codes, can you provide sources? I just looked up NH and it does appear for all intents and purposes that they do indeed have an enforced state building code.

Nope but neither could you. For you to scavenge up all the parts to get a wind turbine to generate enough power for whatever you need you would just depend on things other peope bought or things you bought.

Your right, I couldn't agree anymore with you! I certainly couldn't live for a year eating nothing but money.

Getting the parts I need that are discarded by other is more ecologically sound than me opening a new mine, smelting and manufacturing the ore into the parts I need. Our landfills are filled to the brims with tonnes of usable material. And as I've already mentioned, I'm not against technology, you seem to keep forgetting.

It is not hard at all it is just easier to look down your nose at others and to think you are better than them for doing the same thing you are doing. Just stop using those things move to a third world country build an earth hut with wind turbines, it is not hard to do you just do not want to.

Great strategy, move to a war ridden third world country, pure genius! Many of the thing's I own, like my car for instance I need to commute to and from work so someone else can make a tidy profit to buy 10 more cars than I own.

There is not much to fix as the green activists want us to think there is.

Your tunnel get's narrower with every post. The worlds economy and infrastructure would be utterly devastated if the petroleum stopped filling the coffers. Perhaps your younger than I initially assumed and just too caught up in McDonald's burgers and the latest PS3 game.

Because the petroleum based economy works for us. There are countless items that can be made from crude oil, and like everything else oil comes from mother nature and is formed from dead plants and animals.

This works for you?

Because it is a lot easier than hauling around all the goods you own to trade, so people came up with paper money. Everytime i see people discuss how to create a better economy it always goes the same way. People come up with a barter system and when they see how impractical that would be bartering "valuable" things for other things, they end up back to creating some form of currency.

So do away with bartering and currency. You live in a community, you work as a community or don't partake in community resources. Simple.

No things are expensive because we believe them to be valuable and scarce. Lets look at it your way. How many grasshoppers and vegtables would 5 solar panels be worth to you?

Considering I'm not advocating nomadic living, the attempt is moot. Live in a community, work as a community or don't partake in community resources. Simple.

All these "communities" we have called cities are a jumbled mess of people working against each other for the benefit of themselves only giving two dung beetles about the state of the world they'll be leaving their children. Sorta like how you view thing's, which is why your grasping at air trying to argue against it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I just HAD to post this. Here is how we view what's valuable or not.

I was just talking to my wife about this thread and she said something so beautifully poetic and simple. Just one sentence to sum up the stupidity and greed of humanity.

"If you give a starving man a rare pink diamond and give a well fed man a banana, then they would trade no problem."

Why is that? That rare pink diamond holds no tangible value. You can't eat it, it can't protect you from the elements, you can't use it for anything. It's just a pretty rock. My wife and I both agree, the hungry man got the better deal.

Something that holds no use other than 'prettiness' holds not tangible value unless you and I agree it holds value. You could have all the money in the world, so long as my needs are met and I'm well fed, your money has no value to me. I can't eat money.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I like that meetup site, I found a nifty group nearby me. They do something called supper swaps, cook once a week for the group and when you swap you end up with a weeks worth of dinners.

I don't know of them yet, but have been in discussions with someone about how to start such a thing, these are the plans I have. Everyone needs to do this in their own area, such as a local survival message board, forum, blog, what can be done, with information on a variety of topics, and form a local group, and educate people. Things that will be needed should anything occur, from 2012 predictions, down the list, to anything that could knock the power out:

I just ordered four books on making your own medicines, edible wild plants, mushrooms and insects. I plan on teaching my kids all of these different things. Ewww bugs! YUM! Perhaps a nice silkworm topping for my dandelion fritters.

Whether we're in a village yet or not, we can still act like we are by grouping up, maybe 20, then 50, then 100 people could see the value in being prepared, no matter what. Even if 2012 doesnt bring huge changes other than current nwo troubles, every generation should always be keepers of the knowledge and teach survival skills to the young.

I wouldn't mind starting something up like that, would be kind of fun. Hell, could even advertise it's exact purpose just to piss off tptb.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

That's pretty cool, I didn't know you could make plastics from milk too. The glue I knew you could do though.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Not moving to war ridden Africa. I've never heard of Southern America nor New Hampshire having no building codes, can you provide sources? I just looked up NH and it does appear for all intents and purposes that they do indeed have an enforced state building code.

nhunderground.com...

Great strategy, move to a war ridden third world country, pure genius! Many of the thing's I own, like my car for instance I need to commute to and from work so someone else can make a tidy profit to buy 10 more cars than I own.

But you don't need to work you can eat bugs why do you work? Mother earth gives you food for free and free healthcare? If you are going to live off the land expect to live in a place like a war ridden third world country.

The worlds economy and infrastructure would be utterly devastated if the petroleum stopped filling the coffers.

oh but earlier we were just supposed to do without it and live off the mother nature earth land.

So do away with bartering and currency. You live in a community, you work as a community or don't partake in community resources. Simple.

well first im not going to this crap utopia. 2nd this is where the problem comes in. So you have everyone working towards "community resources" now you have a couple with 4 kids that takes more than the couple with no kids. How do you divide it fairly? All four people work the same ammount? So how would you divide everything? If all four people worked a 10 hour day should the ones with kids get more? How would you regulate who got what? What about the person who did not contribute as much as others, how would you tell if he put in his work? Maybe little slips of paper that are worthless but repusaen how much one has worked and how much one is entitled to? Or distribute everything equally no matter how much you worked like communisim?

Considering I'm not advocating nomadic living, the attempt is moot. Live in a community, work as a community or don't partake in community resources. Simple.

All these "communities" we have called cities are a jumbled mess of people working against each other for the benefit of themselves only giving two dung beetles about the state of the world they'll be leaving their children.

As these communities get bigger they would get closer and closer to what we have today. You work and you drive a car how are you better than me for that?
If you lived like you talk about i would have respect for you but the truth is you live just like me from what it sounds but you talk as if you are doing something different than what you describe as better.

This works for you?

Yes it is beautiful
www.windaction.org...
articles.sfgate.com...
Biofuel (made from plants) spills just like crude oil. Forests get cut down for windfarms but it is different when it is "green"

[edit on 23-4-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

nhunderground.com...

From your link :

"There is nowhere in NH that is "outside" the building code,since the state adopted the International Building Code www.gencourt.state.nh.us..."

But you don't need to work you can eat bugs why do you work? Mother earth gives you food for free and free healthcare? If you are going to live off the land expect to live in a place like a war ridden third world country.

Your not to quick to catch onto simple concepts are you? Remember how I said your the problem? It's people like you who demand I pay land tax's, building permits and whatever else you can throw at me (or get from me). That is the reason I have to work for you so you can buy 10 cars. Your a greedy selfish little shell of a human being.

You act as if the American way of life is the only possible way to live and that any other way mean devolving into primitive nomadic life or third world war torn terror. You live in this arrogant pompous ignorant tunnel and when someone says they're sick of living in that same tunnel, here are some solutions, what do you do? You piss on it out of your personal ignorance and greed.

oh but earlier we were just supposed to do without it and live off the mother nature earth land.

Again, simple concepts my friend, you have some serious issues at grasping them. Take away everything we depend on right now, this very second, all that is wasteful and destructive to the environment. People like you wouldn't have a lick of a clue what to do. Your the one who is going to cry like a little baby when your supermarkets and McDonald's are gone.

well first im not going to this crap utopia. 2nd this is where the problem comes in. So you have everyone working towards "community resources" now you have a couple with 4 kids that takes more than the couple with no kids. How do you divide it fairly? All four people work the same ammount? So how would you divide everything? If all four people worked a 10 hour day should the ones with kids get more? How would you regulate who got what? What about the person who did not contribute as much as others, how would you tell if he put in his work? Maybe little slips of paper that are worthless but repusaen how much one has worked and how much one is entitled to? Or distribute everything equally no matter how much you worked like communisim?

Greedy selfish bastard much? Sorry for being harsh, but your acting exactly like that. So your saying working for the betterment of the community, for those children is BAD? Your F-ed up, seriously.

As these communities get bigger they would get closer and closer to what we have today. You work and you drive a car how are you better than me for that?
If you lived like you talk about i would have respect for you but the truth is you live just like me from what it sounds but you talk as if you are doing something different than what you describe as better.

Again, you have reading issues as I've mentioned a few times before. Arcologies are a great resourceful alternative to wide spread cities. We can fit all the people in a 300 sq. mile city into a two sq. mile arcology. It's not that much different than city life really, it's just set up more responsibly. Imagine what we could do with an extra 298 sq miles of land for that one city!

[EDIT]

Yes it is beautiful
www.windaction.org...
articles.sfgate.com...
Biofuel (made from plants) spills just like crude oil. Forests get cut down for windfarms but it is different when it is "green"

We do not NEED to cut down forests for wind farms. Utility companies do this to charge you, the end user the right to use the electricity generated being pumped to your house. And personally, I'm against biofuels.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

From your link :

"There is nowhere in NH that is "outside" the building code,since the state adopted the International Building Code www.gencourt.state.nh.us..."

Yeah read it you have a few months left to build whatever you want. but family dwellings are cool

VII. For any municipality which has not adopted an enforcement mechanism under RSA 674:51, the contractor of the building, building component, or structure shall notify the state fire marshal concerning the type of construction before construction begins excluding one- and 2-family dwellings.

Remember how I said your the problem? It's people like you who demand I pay land tax's, building permits and whatever else you can throw at me (or get from me). That is the reason I have to work for you so you can buy 10 cars. Your a greedy selfish little shell of a human being.

Like i said you do not like it go to somewhere else like africa and live there and start your green revolution. Im not the problem you are. I could care less if you pay taxes and i do not have 10 cars i have 1 but its a crysler 300c with the hemi lots of emissions. You want to live the way you want to live that is great go do it nobody is stopping you.

You act as if the American way of life is the only possible way to live and that any other way mean devolving into primitive nomadic life or third world war torn terror. You live in this arrogant pompous ignorant tunnel and when someone says they're sick of living in that same tunnel, here are some solutions, what do you do? You piss on it out of your personal ignorance and greed.

Look at the world proove me wrong. You live like this or in a third world country that has low emissions because they have no cars and pay no taxes because there are no jobs.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join