It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth provides for our every need for free.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The Earth provides for our every need for free, so why do we work for others to earn an illusory unit of value to buy what is freely available? Why do we put up with that?

Money only holds value because we BELIEVE it holds value. Personally, I put more value on those thing's that allow me to live; Food, water, shelter. Take away that belief in the value of money and it becomes utterly useless to our very existence. You can't trade a useless thing with someone who holds no value upon it.

Even the concept of the all powerful government who has complete control over our very lives is utterly illusory. A person can only exert as much control as you ALLOW them to exert over you. No one is more powerful or worthy than the next. With this being true, why do we allow ourselves to be subjugated by others?

Our planet, our one home provides freely for every single one of us, so long as we take only that which we need to live in a sustainable fashion. If we take from the Earth, we should give back to the Earth as a way of saying thank you for providing for us.

The Earth provides us free shelter as we can use the very dirt where we want to build our homes. The Earth provides us life giving water from lakes, streams and rain. The Earth gives us bountiful healthy nourishing food. The Earth provides free health care for every living creature. The thing's our ONE home provides us freely is endless. We should never have to want for anything, but we constantly do because we turn ourselves away from our home as if we're better than it.

Instead of living in nature, we live outside of nature as if it's a thing we can do without. We pollute our air, our water and our food. We build shelters that forces us to destroy our forests that provide us with much needed fresh oxygen. We need to abolish this dead end lifestyle and realize it's doing more harm than good. We aren't living any longer than we have been for the last six thousand years. It's a complete myth that everyone died early in life in the past. Many notable figures in history are known to have lived just as long as anyone alive today and in perfectly good health. The key is proper nutrition, exercise and hygiene.

We act as if we're so intelligent, but then one is begged to ask... Why are we destroying our ONLY home? That is not a sign of intelligence by any means. The lowly tape worm is more intelligent than the brutish human. If we are truly as intelligent as we like to pretend, then let us forgo this barbaric style of living and give thanks to our life giving home. Don't let people tell you what you can and can't do as much as they won't accept your authority over them. Live free as nature intended. Eat free as nature intended. Be healthy for free as nature intended. Nature didn't intend for YOU to be a a little pansy allowing for someone else to control whether you live or die. Take charge of your life and defend that RIGHT.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
but in order for us to keep up with
the Jonses, we have to have the SUV,
the swimming pool, power windows,
A/C, microwaves and lets not forget
TV dinners, lmao

and we'll have to pay for all the extras
that doesn't come standard
on that model

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
but in order for us to keep up with
the Jonses, we have to have the SUV,
the swimming pool, power windows,
A/C, microwaves and lets not forget
TV dinners, lmao

and we'll have to pay for all the extras
that doesn't come standard
on that model

All luxuries that we don't need. Do you advocate raping the planet for metal and petroleum so you can own an SUV that pollutes the air you breath, that your children breath? Everything I need I can walk to.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I completely agree with you OP. All of our needs are in fact provided for by mother earth, gia or what ever you want to call this big blue marble we live on. However, would you be able to post this thread if we just depended on the earth? There is a difference between wants and needs. It boils down to being happy. Im much happier surfing ATS than I would be making cave paintings.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
I completely agree with you OP. All of our needs are in fact provided for by mother earth, gia or what ever you want to call this big blue marble we live on. However, would you be able to post this thread if we just depended on the earth? There is a difference between wants and needs. It boils down to being happy. Im much happier surfing ATS than I would be making cave paintings.

Who says we have to live completely primitively? We can still maintain a decent level of advancement in my opinion without destroying our planet. Our sun pumps out and endless supply of energy and will continue to do so long after our species goes extinct. So why so much emphasis on a petroleum based economy? I'll tell you why... they can't charge you for what's freely available. Tesla had a working device or at least nearly working device that would have provided free wireless energy to everyone. His funding was cut because the electric company couldn't meter and charge for free energy.

Greed is not the way to go my friend. We can freely take so long as we freely give back. Never forget, this is not only our only home, but the only home for our children and their children and their children. We owe it to future generations to make a change for the better rather than to say screw them just because we'll be dead before the worst of it hits our only home.

In my opinion, the Jones' can go screw themselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I was never one for keeping up with the Jones's. I do admit to having a slight addiction to new tech though. And believe me, if there were a better way for us to do the things we like to do and have less of an impact on our Earth I would do it. I already do recycle and watch the amount of electricity I and my family use. We also try and limit our vehicle usage.

Unfortunately there is nothing that is widely and publicly available to the civilian populations of the world that allow us to be more proactive towards protecting the Earth and our surrounding environment. Show me a way to power the devices my family depends on that doesn't pollute the environment and I will be the first one to use it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
People need uniting, and people need new motivations.

I'm in favour of a Resource-Based-Economy.

Capitalism creates waste.

Consumerism creates want.

But there is no need to be cavemen again, though ancient cultures have a lot to teach. Modern technology has alot to offer also, but maybe we don't need 100 different mobile-phones coming out every month as the technology becomes obsolete. I don't need 40 different brands of breakfast cereal to choose from, when the 3 most nutritious would suffice more than enough.

The free-market approach is bogus. Those who can project the most advertising, have the cheapest prices capture most of the market share - meanwhile biodynamic fruit and veg aren't invested in, and are way expensive just to cover costs involved, just because they are the smallest kid on the basket ball team (my sneaking suspicion is that they are also the best shot, and the conspiracy is to stop them from getting a shot).

Nurture "Earth".

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ah but the rub is that nothing is really free. You have to work to gain the rewards of nature's bounty. By the sweat of your brow and by effort do you succeed and survive another day. By reviewing the risks and rewards you gain efficiency. It is then that you become free and sustaining enough to improve your situation.

The difference between a good person and a bad person is how you go about achieving that ultimate goal. Self-reliance and fair treatment of others is what separates the good from the bad. At least in my opinion. Unfortunately there are those that subvert others to their domination. Time proves whether it is the master or the slave that is the most dependent. And thus who really is the master and the slave.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sounds nice, would be nice, but just think about it for one second...

How many people live on earth....if everyone could be free to live off the land and not have to worry about money there would not be enough land to support every one...how much land ( must be good land ) does a family need to grow their own food, make their cloths, build their houses and barns, heat their houses and do all the rest...?????

I am with you on the thought...would be great but I really don't see how it would work. I have a large farm, 350 acres and there is no way in hell that I would want to try and do that with less acres, just my opinion

cheers

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The earth does not provide protection from disease.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Actually if the planet had a mind, it would probably charge you.
But it doesn't so, we put a price of everything for it.

And boy do we like to put a price tag on things.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whoisjohngalt?

And actually, I believe every cure we need is right here on earth, we just gotta find it, then price tag it. (or hide it and keep it to ourselves.)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander the Great
Actually if the planet had a mind, it would probably charge you.
But it doesn't so, we put a price of everything for it.

And boy do we like to put a price tag on things.

Oh, it could be racking up a huge tab for us - and we might have to liquidate a few assets to balance the books some time in the not to distant future.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Ok I had to look this up....just wanted to see for myself
world population is about 7 billion people

www.ibiblio.org...

amount of land in the world is about 37 billion acres

wiki.answers.com...

so that works out to about 5 acres per person ( give or take this is just rough math )....and that is all the land....kind of hard to grow vegs. in the arctic or graze a cow on 5 acres of rock on top of a Mt.

just something to think about.....

cheers

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

The Earth provides for our every need for free, so why do we work for others to earn an illusory unit of value to buy what is freely available? Why do we put up with that?

As cool as im sure it sounds at a cofee shop or some hippy drum circle it is just not the case. If you plan on living your life constantly trying to find enough food and clean watter to live, then that is great. But keep in mind what you need to survive is significanly less than what you want.

Our planet, our one home provides freely for every single one of us, so long as we take only that which we need to live in a sustainable fashion. If we take from the Earth, we should give back to the Earth as a way of saying thank you for providing for us.

I will be sure to plant 2 cows when im done with my hamburger, you know what this hamburger tastes like crap im just going to throw it away. But i like the whole eco-friendly thing so put all these 1/2 eaten meals where they belong in the recycle bin.

The Earth provides us free shelter as we can use the very dirt where we want to build our homes. The Earth provides us life giving water from lakes, streams and rain.

Ahhhh yes, pinworm and dysentery the beatuy of earth. Although i do not have to worry about that in my river. I do not think anything can survive in that much used motor oil. I mean we take all this precious oil from the earth i should just give it back when im done with it.

The Earth provides free health care for every living creature.

Oh i know, my friends dad got cancer from working in a coal mine and he died. I guess mother earth decided he had a pre-existing condition. Yeah earth healthcare sucks.

Instead of living in nature, we live outside of nature as if it's a thing we can do without.

Not true i have many court documents that say that i am specifically not allowed to enter any forest or national park.

We build shelters that forces us to destroy our forests that provide us with much needed fresh oxygen.

Im sure you did not even bother to look up how the forests are really harvested for wood, they are a business and like any recognize if they chop down all of their product they will not be able to sell it anymore. It is pretty much standard now for lumber companies to replant more than they chop down so by purchasing wood stuff you actually fund the replanting of trees. But that does not sound as cool does it?

We aren't living any longer than we have been for the last six thousand years. It's a complete myth that everyone died early in life in the past. Many notable figures in history are known to have lived just as long as anyone alive today and in perfectly good health.

Life expectancy has gotten longer. Notable figgures in history were mostly rich and or privileged, for a long time people were filthy rich or dirt poor. The middle class is pretty new. People also died from common diseases if you got the flu it was not uncommon to die of it, i guess that free earth health care system worked back then too eh?

We act as if we're so intelligent, but then one is begged to ask... Why are we destroying our ONLY home?

We are not. If you are so intelligent why do you believe in these things you are saying? Is it one of those things it was rammed down your throat so now you think it is true?
If all this green crap was true we would have used all of our natural resources up and the earth would have boiled over ten years ago.

The lowly tape worm is more intelligent than the brutish human.

Speak for yourself.

Live free as nature intended. Eat free as nature intended

Enjoy your tape worm as nature intended.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Unfortunately there is nothing that is widely and publicly available to the civilian populations of the world that allow us to be more proactive towards protecting the Earth and our surrounding environment. Show me a way to power the devices my family depends on that doesn't pollute the environment and I will be the first one to use it.

What exactly do you depend on that you can't survive without? Is it something utterly necessary for your survival?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Ah but the rub is that nothing is really free. You have to work to gain the rewards of nature's bounty. By the sweat of your brow and by effort do you succeed and survive another day. By reviewing the risks and rewards you gain efficiency. It is then that you become free and sustaining enough to improve your situation.

Please tell me what the difference between working for your own gains is over working for the illusory gains of another only for them to hand out an illusory unit of value for you to procure what you can procure through your own endeavors. You make it sound as if holding a job under someone else and participating in an illusory value system is the only possible way to live. We're the only species with such backwards thinking.

The difference between a good person and a bad person is how you go about achieving that ultimate goal. Self-reliance and fair treatment of others is what separates the good from the bad. At least in my opinion. Unfortunately there are those that subvert others to their domination. Time proves whether it is the master or the slave that is the most dependent. And thus who really is the master and the slave.

All are masters of themselves and none are slaves of anyone else. A slave is a person who wishes to be ruled over. A slave is someone who refuses or is unable to realize that they are their own masters. Being your own master doesn't inherently make you bad.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fernx

How many people live on earth....if everyone could be free to live off the land and not have to worry about money there would not be enough land to support every one...how much land ( must be good land ) does a family need to grow their own food, make their cloths, build their houses and barns, heat their houses and do all the rest...?????

Our way of living has produce an insane population explosion since the 1800's. For thousands of years our population has never gone over a billion and there are people alive today who were born to a world who's population was only two and a half billion, only to see that population skyrocket to three times that.

We complain about how there isn't enough. There is. Even for our population today. The key is to dump the greed.

I am with you on the thought...would be great but I really don't see how it would work. I have a large farm, 350 acres and there is no way in hell that I would want to try and do that with less acres, just my opinion

I can farm less than an acre and feed a family of five for the year.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoisjohngalt?
The earth does not provide protection from disease.

You then know nothing of where we get our medicines from then. Learn where we get every single medicine that the pharmaceutical companies tell you that you need to buy from them and is available no where else. Nature is a very powerful drug store that can combat many diseases.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fernx
Ok I had to look this up....just wanted to see for myself
world population is about 7 billion people

www.ibiblio.org...

amount of land in the world is about 37 billion acres

wiki.answers.com...

so that works out to about 5 acres per person ( give or take this is just rough math )....and that is all the land....kind of hard to grow vegs. in the arctic or graze a cow on 5 acres of rock on top of a Mt.

just something to think about.....

cheers

We're a social species and always have been. We wouldn't be placing one person per five acres. This also disregards the number of families and when that is taken into account, the acreage available to each family increases well over five acres. Yet as I mentioned, we're a social species and do better working together. Can you think of any form of setup that would allow people to work together without raping precious resources?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join