It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devil's Tramping Ground

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Anybody think it could be just Reptilians in the area?:

Something about that face on that drawing reminds me of Kenny Chesney! Maybe the mouth? I know I am probably the only one.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by milkmustache]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The Devil's Tramping Ground, the Chatham natives say. And the story is that the Devil goes there to walk in circles as he thinks up new means of causing trouble for humanity.

Hell must really be crowded if the Devil has to come to North Carolina just to think.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In reply to a comment on page 2...

Destination Truth covered something similar to this; it occurs in the Hoia-Baciu forest, in all places, Transylvania.

Here is the link... Hoia-Baciu

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunIsSon
It is your reply that is the incorrect one

SunIsSon,
Not so. There were 10 professional people at all times (3 days) in the same room with the little girl who was possessed with evil spirits.
The hand writing the demons wrote was submitted to professional institutes.
I called the American Handwriting Analysis Foundation in San Jose, CA and they said Robert Pelton (the author of the book) had presented the information from the deliverance.
The case of Cora McKown in the book is real in that the evil spirit mentioned it and it was written in the book.
Here's the link:
hamptonroads.com...
So with all of these facts that I have means the devil is real.
There is nothing wrong with religious sites as long as their information is in Biblical context. I have a interlinear Greek Bible and what we have today in the Bible is the same thing that they had back then.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by texastig]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

That's really got to be more a notch on the belt for the guy though. "Yeah, I conceived the anti-christ."

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
who died and made you king of the paranormal beasts

Sorry if I came off as cocky, rude and over-confident.
I apologize.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just got back from the Devil's Tramping Ground. Not much to see. Although there is a road going into the site and it is not trashed anymore. The circle can still be seen but has small shrubs about 2 ft high and a couple of pines about 6 ft high growing inside the circle. Small grass turfs growing there too.
Brought two other people with me and my daughter. One is a Sensitive and the other a Water Dowser. The Sensitive could not SENSE anything there, except a slight headache. The Water Dowser did find that the Y stick kept pointing down no matter where she went within a 50 ft area. I can do that too, so I tried and the same thing happened. Don't ask what that means. I have no idea and neither does she. She is not a professional Dowser and I definitely am not.
Another thing was ..some bones of an animal about 30 ft from the circle. WE could not tell what kind of animal it was. The hair was dark wavy brown. The bones were white and had been there a long time. One bone was in the circle.
Also a bucket next to the fire pit.
Sorry folks.. not much to see. We are planning another trip back, but want to take some equipment with us and if permitted, spend the night.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I heard a theory that it is where native Americans did their dances and that over the years the ground was packed so tight nothing could grow

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by moonshinegrrl

That could be too. I had heard when I was a small child that an Alien Ship had landed there. I was fascinated by the story, and started my interest in UFO's, thanks to the Devil's Tramping Ground.
This area has lots of Indian arrow heads and pieces of axes. I picked up a flint rock with a crystal in the circle today.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Eric1963 and moonwize when yal decide to go let me know ! I am in Wilson (right off of 95) about 45 minutes east of Raleigh. I'd love to go one day that I am off of work.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spacecase7717

Uuhm...Sounds like this group is going to get pretty big for a camp out!!! Haven't made any definite date for that yet. Got to find out when people can go and try some equipment experiments.
Today... it looked as if no one had camped there in awhile. The pit was clean. Only one small charred piece of wood. The inside of the pit was white, no ashes.
The weird thing to us was the dead animal bones. A strange place for an animal to die and it was not hidden in the woods, just at the edge of the clearing, about 30 feet from the circle.
There is a large rock at the edge of the clearing with a depression in it that looks like a bowl. There was a small amount of water in it and cigarette ducks.
The circle is about 40 feet in diameter. On the outer edges of the circle there are rings that are about a foot wide.
The soil in the ring is bad, but has vegetational growth anyway. Also there are lots of very small pebbles, brown colored. Interesting.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
maybe you should head on down and perform a sex act on a goat and then sacrifice it? let us know how it turns out and remember, pics or it didn't happen.

Hey, guys!

Can me and my goat, Molly, come along for this camping trip?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
If I did see the devil, though, chances are I'd say "Sssssssssup?"

The devil is a human made concept. There is no devil.
You might see a Reptilian or some other Cryptozoological beast there though.

So there are no eternal concepts that humans pick up on? Or no eternity either? There may be things like the devil that exist beyond human concepts. Actually I'm sure of it, but that is just another human made concept, right?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
who died and made you king of the paranormal beasts

Sorry if I came off as cocky, rude and over-confident.
I apologize.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by sphinx551]

Oh, I just posted about that without reading the whole thread.

It's hard to be sure about the paranormal, but easy to question those who seem so sure one way or the other.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

Hey Moon. I got your U 2 U but ATS says I have to have 20 post to be able to respond. So here is the deal. I live at the cross roads comming from Robbins just before North Moore High School. My dad lives on one side of North Moore rd. and I live on the other....Reynolds Mill rd. I think that gives you enough info to know who I am. As soon as I get those 20 posts in I will U2U you. Take care,

Eric

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
next time you visit, look for ants or other insects. bring some ants with you and experiment with their willingness to walk on this land. but dont introduce your own until you search THOROUGHLY for others, and make sure to bring a local species for obvious reasons. also bring a dog and cat and if possible, a horse or a dolphin, lol just kiddin about the dolphin. That brough back memories of Startide Rising, the book by david brin where dolphins could walk on land in mech suits.
Another idea that popped up is something buried underground with a spherically shaped field around it. Could be radioactive or some undiscovered force effecting everything in a spherical radius around it. So if it was buried deep underground with only the tip of the sphere coming up out of the ground, then it would appear as a circle on the ground and you just can`t see the part that extends into the air. And maybe there is a foot-thick "barrier" of extra energy at the circumference or outside edge of the sphere, that would explain the "band" around the outside of the circle reported by the member who recently visited.could be wrong but just a thought..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Thanks for the ant idea. I had not thought of that!!! I will probably take my son's dog. my cat is too "Antsy". LOL.
Well.. just curious about the dowsing Y sticks and why they would always go down no matter where we stood within a 50 ft diameter. I have played with a dowsing stick all my life and never saw one do that!! It might be normal. All I ever did with one is show people I could do it! Anybody know anything about this? The stick went down so fast and once flipped back and hit me in the face.!
Next time I will bring a Y from my home. We got those there on the site.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
Eric1963 and moonwize when yal decide to go let me know ! I am in Wilson (right off of 95) about 45 minutes east of Raleigh. I'd love to go one day that I am off of work.

Im in wilson too!! haha ATS carpool?
haha

There is apparently an Old bomb that was lost in the 60's near Goldsboro, I always thought It would be crazy to get a team together to go look for it, haha

[edit on 23-4-2010 by drsmooth23]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The write-up is sorely lacking in 'forensics' - no real studies in any which direction. Anecdote is what we're being fed along with a picture indicative of who knows what. Soil cannot be crushed or "destroyed" by mechanical means it's already crushed and destroyed. Scratch that off the list.

So what's left? Well really there exist only a handfull of physio-chemical parameters (that) we can quantify / clarify; adequate moisture - adequate sunshine - lack of soil-bourne toxins (think arsenic) - lack of ionizing radiation - lack of overwhelming EMF (RF energy).

The salt hypothesis doesn't seem reasonable (not over the long-term).. all salts are water soluble and as such would have leached outwards with spring rains. Becoming ever-more dilute over the years.

Maybe heavy metals are present - thallium or cadmium or mercury. This is readily ascertained through NAA neutron activation analysis - one of many analytical techniques .

How about an "in-house" and a "field test." Place a potted plant in a hole in the circle .. see what happens .. a cactus
Similarily, take a soil sample from within the circle and another from without the circle .. plant some readily-germinating seeds and keep the reasonably identical 'test coupons" under the same light - this in the comfort of your own home. See what happens.

As for tramping - place an autonmous solid-state geophone / foot-step detector (eBay 20 bucks when it's listed) and see if you find a pattern or otherwise anomolous readings - it's "do-able"

And as for EMF level monitoring - This should do nicely - WaveBender +ufo

All this "in a positive light" - I encourage your thoughts and ideas - in this general direction.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Kolchak]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I do know that there is documented history of this place being in existence since the 1700's. There has been soil samples taken with no real reason found for the lack of vegatation. I'm not sure if there has been any other research done there. I live in NC but I've never had the opportunity to visit the place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join