It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] Someone has claimed the first ring!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Man, I was checking out that thread on freakin Tuesday! Yesterday I told the wife it has to be in that post! How did I miss it! (Kicks self repeatedly, then beats head on computer desk)

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
well i hope this goes well i need to take a break from this though

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Dangit! i always miss all the action. I mustof signed off right before this new clue was found, and i just got home now. The 1st ring has been found. its over for that one.

Dangit all!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Well i pointed you in the right direction at 23:39 on Sportztawk....TRD

Yeah, thats why in a different post I mentioned that we should all give you thanks, via u2u

Of course, if you would have mentioned to me that you had seen that earlier....

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Well done to the ring finder!

I happily remain a virgin as far as visiting "Sportztawk" goes.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Congratulations to the one that found the first ring. It wasn't me, for I was at a (great) party yesterday. If I had stayed home I might have had a chance, but then again, it was a nice party.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by amantine]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
:|

I went to sleep, I wake up - "where is ats" is solved, some weird smiley was found, and someone already claimed the ring :|

Well, good job all.

Anyway, I guess most of us won't get a chance to get one of the other rings. I live in Israel and I surely won't go to london (which is the nearest location. NY and Australia are very far from here) in order to find one of the rings, I think it could have been much better if all of them were online because some people got only 1 chance to get a ring, while others get 2.

But I guess the game is still fun, and trying to solve the clues is fun even without prizes, so I will of course continue to do so.

And again, good job all! : )

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transc3ndent
I guess most of us won't get a chance to get one of the other rings. I live in Israel and I surely won't go to london (which is the nearest location. NY and Australia are very far from here) in order to find one of the rings, I think it could have been much better if all of them were online because some people got only 1 chance to get a ring, while others get 2.

How could you possibly know this?

Stop being a pessimist!

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Congratulations to the person who typed in the correct url. Special thanks to Shark, who, as far as I can tell, was the first to mention the killer thread in the billiards section of Sportstawk. I'm sure your post contributed to the solve. And thanks Anonymous for posting what you discovered in that thread instead of keeping it to yourself.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Jesus Christ.

I haven't been to Sportztawk, but I immediately read the "among the spheres of color" references as a snooker concept a few days ago.

Well done again.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Originally posted by Transc3ndent
I guess most of us won't get a chance to get one of the other rings. I live in Israel and I surely won't go to london (which is the nearest location. NY and Australia are very far from here) in order to find one of the rings, I think it could have been much better if all of them were online because some people got only 1 chance to get a ring, while others get 2.

How could you possibly know this?

Stop being a pessimist!

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

Know what? I know one ring is in UK (London probably), another one is in NY, and the third one is in Australia. I'm just telling the obvious, no pessimism here.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   
This is what I am asking you.

You may have seen photos of landmarks in three cities.

Why would that give you "knowledge" that the rings are located in them?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   

This is what I am asking you.

You may have seen photos of landmarks in three cities.

Why would that give you "knowledge" that the rings are located in them?

are we now supposed to stop thinking litterally?

that's like telling us to believe "doorknob" doesn't actually mean "doorknob", and really means something more along the lines of "tunafish sandwhich"....

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Daedalus]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm just here to say, congratulations on finding the first ring whoever you are...
It wasn't me

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Seeing is believing!

Show me an actual ring in a corporeal (albeit hidden) location that I can touch, and feel, and swallow, and smuggle away safely, and I shall repent.

To say the rings are in Sydney, and London, and New York City is like Colin Powell showing you maps of exactly where the WMDs in Iraq were, pre-invasion.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Well done to the ring finder!

I happily remain a virgin as far as visiting "Sportztawk" goes.

One day, Masked one we will break you in.

Happy hunting everyone.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
AWWW! BUGGER! ROFL!
CONGRATS TO WHO EVER FOUND THE FIRST RING! LOL! YAY!

The rest of us (including me) just have to stop wit the "what ifs" and brooding and just have to focus on the next round... LOL! But hey... geographical locations WILL be easier to find than a tiny graphic on a website, that not many "hunters" have been too... AHH! ... *cough cough*... i wonder wen the first clue for round two will be released... think positive peeps... things can only get better...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Nice work everyone, it was amazing to be amongst the hunters when the scent told the prey was close at hand. Congrats to the winner and everyone else as well. PurdueNuc said it once but it deserves saying again..."Wisdom is the prize" so feeling bad that you weren't there first is not the way to be.

What a strange twist, to throw all that fantastic, older than history conspiracy stuff about the old lines,sumerians, hammurabi... etc, and we all end up in a billiards forum in SportsTawk! Not complaining, but a bit anti-climactic if you ask me.

Maybe that stuff plays a role later in the game.

?!?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Was the first ring always where it was found, or did it appear there, placed by mysterious hands, in the past 72 hours, as if influenced by and drawn to a growing movement towards the kind of spherical objects in a dingy smoke-filled bar room instead of those in a solar system?

Do the hunters impact on where the ring ends up? Is that some form of magnetism?

Or was it awlays there, when the Hunt began???

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I agree, that NY, Sydney, and London (but not Trafalgar) will be the other three ring places. Hopefully it will be a clue only visible to Geordie student bums.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join