It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm really interested in lost technology, not OOParts, or ancient aliens, although I'm interested in both of those as well, but more in technology that ancient civilizations used and mastered and have now been lost.

Did the egypts really use levitation?
Did King Solomon really have a flying machine?
Did Ezekiel really see a spaceship, called Vimanas?

Please, any information, links, or text is AWESOME.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
One that comes to mind is Greek Fire. I'm pretty sure no-one ever has been able to recreate it.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Greek Fire Recipe - the Ingredients
here

There you go.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
YES, that's exactly what im talking about, i remember hearing about it a while ago but forgot all about it, it was like how they lit the inside of the tombs and pyramids, right? because it was so pitch dark that even regular fire wouldn't work, correct?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Greek fire was more of a weapon tech. There is also a descrition here: [url=http://www.sciforums.com/What-is-Greek-Fire-t-68540.html]-->

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Seems I recall an archaeologist as saying they weren't sure how the Egyptians put such a perfectly smooth surface on some of the gold artifacts. The story included an anecdote regarding someone wiping the dust off of a bust with a feather duster or whatnot and "leaving a haze behind" which turned out to be microscratches.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Not sure how far back you wanna go in history but i have always loved the greeks for physics and inventions. Archimedes and Ctesibius being 2 of my favorites.

check out these 2 web pages and see what ya think.
Archimedes

Ctesibius

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
One thing I would like to know more about is the Baghdad Battery. What was it really used for? I've heard speculation it was for metal plating...but there could be any number of uses. And surely there were more than just the one they found...maybe even bigger ones.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
You had mentioned vimanas in the OP. Here is a page with a lot of information and references to them in ancient Hindu texts...Vimanas, etc.

top topics

join