It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no such thing as love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I am beginning to seriously doubt the existence of true romance. I think it's all just animal lust and superficial things.

I'm pretty much a virgin (pretty much) at 24 and I dont think I'll ever find a woman...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
blaaaah...

kill me now!!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well you won't with all that self loathing in threads mate!!!!

You cannot say for sure there's no such thing as love/romance if you haven't experienced it! i've never loved anyone but I don't doubt that it exists!

The world seems cruel when you're alone, I know!!!! get out more, talk to people, talk to girls on the net if that seems easier to you! you gotta put a little effort in, I doubt it will ever just fall into your lap!

I'm in a similar position to you, 24...lonely...! but I look ahead with a smile, you gotta! you will find someone, and it will most probably be when you least expect it! just don't be down on it all because it won't help you believe me!

and 24....let's be honest is still plenty young! though sometimes it don't feel it!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well I can see why you would feel that way but trust me, its out there. And just like the other poster said, its going to come when you least expect it. Rarely do people finding it looking.

I felt the same way as you before, but I found someone who showed me what love was suppose to be. And even though I lost that person, it instilled in me that there was such a thing out there.

Definetly start putting yourself out there, only if you feel comfortable though, you really cant love until you love yourself first. And learn how to be okay being alone, but alone does not have to mean lonely.

My biggest problem in the past was being afraid to say something stupid or do something stupid, so I wouldnt talk to guys just because of that, I was just really quiet. But once you get over that inital thing, and just go for it, without worrying about the little things, you would be suprised how easy it is.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There's a reason why I say the things I do. If there wasn't I wouldn't be saying anything. If I knew everything I would have already solved my problems, I would have already stopped talking, I would have changed long ago.

There's also a reason why a majority of men AND women think the way I do. Something is wrong.. and getting mad just because someone is expressing himself honestly is in the end being complacent.

there's a reason why the majority of men know that women hardly ever go for the good guy. If nothnig was going on nobody would be saying anything. But 90 percent of women agree that they only want bad boys. 90 percent of men do too. So what I'm saying is not unreasonable. Everything happens for a reason.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Real love... Most people aren't capable of giving it, receiving it, nurturing it, or appreciating it... Most don't even know how to recognize it, and those who do, don't know how to react or respond to it. We are a society of emotional cripples.

Everyone, their brother and sister, their mailman and even their dog (if it could talk), will be quick to share their view that you need to find love, happiness, and completeness by yourself first before you can find it with another person. That mindset is revolting to me beyond anything mere words can articulate, and unfortunately the greater majority does appear to have that mindset.

Those who have or pretend to have this mythical completeness and happiness just in and of themselves will never be open to real love because they'll view it as weakness or something negative and undesirable. But the very essence of real love is to need the person, and they need you... To love is to need, it's as simple as that... and this absolutely repels most people.

I believe real love exists, but I believe there are extraordinarily few people left who even have the capability to embrace it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
cry moar. chicks love guys that just go on and on about how much of a loser they are.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

There is such thing as attraction, but no, not romantic love. Romantic love is always a one sided thing, use that knowledge to your advantage. A scale teetering between attraction back and forth at best.

Real love is between family and friends.

Don't spend to much time thinking about this, it's just a waste of time.

The less time you do, the better you will do with such things.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by YissakharMelech]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Truth is, I've stopped being the 'good' guy ages ago.

yea I'm not so 'good' and 'nice' anymore.

I once was. Now I'm just bitter and angry all the time. There's nothing I could do about it.

I was taught that it was no good, and that women disliked it.

For sure I was never able to be myself because women rejected it. Women rejected everything HUMAN about me. Now I can't be myself around her. But badboys, who are Confident or Appear to be can do worse, and anything goes.

Im not graphic, I'm not sexually perverted. I dont make dirty jokes, I'm not vulgar. I don't joke aroudn with her in a dirty or perverted fashion, even if you would think what I think of is "clean" (really it's the same thing a pervert would say just in a different way). You would probably thnik it's "funny" so it doens't matter, but really... you're blinded.

They never saw the truth in me. They never wanted to give me the time of day. For Anything!

So now it looks like you're stuck with an angry bitter man, because it's only natural and biological to feel this way, and I can't do anything about it. You would feel the same if it happened to you, perhaps even 10 times worse. But nobody would be complaining about you. It would only land you something one day or another.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
so in the end, who's fault is it?

When you've done the best you can, but nobody, not one girl wants to see the truth in you?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Are these whiney women bashing posts you doing the best you can..?

oh I noticed you've now taken your spamming to include copying and pasting your own posts in threads YOU have decided to turn into duplicates of your whining.. making sure everyone suffers.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by riley]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
lol real romance and just being a good lover is like.different.
true love is when you find someone that really connects to you and has similar interests.
for now you just need to make your image better again and fix the holes in your ego that some undeserving filthy girls put.
just go to a public house and enjoy life,why should you waste your time on some arrogant broad when you can say "i dont need you"
once that problem is fixed,you can focus again on normal stuff and find someone special.
but dont worry,were still young.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
How is one "pretty much" a virgin? Just curious...

To address the issue though...you're 24. Did you really expect to find true and lasting love by age 24? I was 32 when I found mine....you've got some years to go still...

Don't worry about it so much (and perhaps shoot for older women, who are out of their "girl" mindset)....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yea well... even if I do find "love"... seems most everyone is out being promiscuous right now and really making me feel like utter #. chances are i will not be having any kind of sex until then at a really old age, by then I wouldn't really want it for the time has past, and I was supposed to do it young.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Listen bud, you're just embarrassing yourself.

Stop putting so much thought into this, it will mess up you're social interactions. Stop thinking about this, just simply concentrate on improving yourself and the women will come.

This whining is just stupid.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I understand you are a virgin and 24, and that has got to suck a lot. Everybody your age will not only be having regular sex, but will even most likely be getting tired of it a bit, and you haven't even started.

What you got to do, is go out talk to people, make friends, make money, and then come back and complain, if you actually do as I say, you won't be coming back here.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by YissakharMelech]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
it would make me feel better if everyone wasn't all in your face about it too like, making you feel like I'm worthless and darwinistic if I can't be with a woman. Ie so I can actually feel motivated about doing something.. now I just feel hopeless and amotivated about doing anything because I feel like I'm not even worthy of living, or nature's reject.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I hope you don't actually tell people in real life you are a virgin at 24, they will run like hell. You have to FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT.

Go outside right now, and talk to somebody, you are getting nowhere whining here.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I cannot hide the fact taht I'm a virgin. even ifI dont say anything she can tel. it's instinctual and biological.

It's a really sick world. People never want to help you if you need help. They only want to be with peple who already have more than enough.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

EXACTLY.

You are hundred percent correct. Nobody will give a # about your problems. BUT ME RIGHT NOW. You CAN hide that fact, and you will HAVE TO hide that fact, until the very end.

I am the only one helping you here, take my advice quickly.

If you don't take my advice, save up a couple hundred dollars and get a good goddamn hooker.

You see truth, and it's not pretty. You must hide your eyes from these truths, as I said, many suicides come from this path you are following.

Go outside and talk to people.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by YissakharMelech]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join