It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food is a Right!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chicken_Bone

Amazon, SAS survival guide by Lofty Wiseman. then go on a miltary survival raining course. After eating worms and nettles for a few weeks, or not eating anythign for 3 days, the things you didn't like before are mana from heaven. Serious, no joke!

I wouldn;'t worry so much about it tho'. This will only come into play the moment society goes bad. at which point it won't matter a jot what permits you have. It will all resort to survival of the fittest.

just remember you are part of nature. practice and knowledge never hurt but always prepared. boy scouts etc!!

[edit on 20/404/1010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
memphis.craigslist.org...

3 bedrrom home, 50 acres and a lake; all for $700 per month rent

[edit on 20-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Well I will be damned. 50 acres and a trailer/house for $700/month. Now if I can just get a grant to rent a Ryder truck and move the family down there, I will no longer be landicapped.

Thank You! What more could a man ask for? I can raise all kind of cows and pigs on that land. Heck, I might even have extra meat to sell. That place looks prime to raise my very own Hogzilla.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Chicken_Bone]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

That is a great idea. I am going to gather me some worms and nettles and make the family eat them. Then they wont bitch and complain next time I don't buy the kids a happy meal or take my wife to some fancy restraunt for date night.

Then whenever I want to save a little money I can tell them that if we eat out all weekend then we are going to have to eat worms nettles the Thursday before I get paid, because it is all we can afford.

I bet eating a little homemade Manwich and Mac and Cheese wont sound so bad when the other choice is worms and nettles.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Liking your sense of humor dude!!

although you would be surprised, nettle soup is actually quite tasty, with a little salt, although bulrush root as a nice asparagus taste, so at least the aphrodisiacs are safe. That should keep the wife happy!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Oh you make soup out of the nettles. I thought you just ate them live and they stung you the whole way down. I figured that would teach the wife and kids a good lesson on how good they have it.

Where do I pick up some nettles and give the nettle soup a try?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

That depends entirely on where you live. if in a temperate zone then pretty much anywhere.

Your going to turn round an tell me that you live in Arizona or something and that there are no nettles there, well, thats fine, you just have to adapt to your surroundings.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
OP that is to funny! I almost wet myself LOL!!!

Yes I see your point and you make it sound so right! I don't live in the US and will not have to pay for health care like you, they just stick it to us in high taxes up here. I don't blame you for being mad, I would be too!!!

But I have a question, my sister lives in Texas and when her kids were in school she said that the school had free meals for all the kids, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also she said that anyone could go and eat there for free too. She said something about Bush implementing it so no US person would go hungry. This was in a public school. She would go in the morning and have a coffee sometimes and said there were whole families that showed up to eat from babies to grandparents.

Was just wondering if this is in all US schools?

cheers

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
You're onto something here, Chicken. I have a right to fabulous clothing. Clothing is my right. If the government says I have a RIGHT to have healthcare then I have a RIGHT to have expensive designer duds. Bring on the gov'ment Dior and Marc Jacbos, please.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

You missed the boat on this topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Short of it is, food is a right. Internationally accepted concept. Of course, no one cares what the other countries think because we're amurika-dammit!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Here's my solution:

paimei01.blogspot.com...

You are correct - we should all be able to access the basics to survive. And to be able to work only for them, depending on nobody. That is why the Indians were "free" - they depended on nobody. They did not need "jobs" or "careers". So - the USA government had this plan to exterminate the buffalo.

Only who wants more : a car, a big house, vacations, and so on and so on - should have to fight with others for a place to work.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I am amazed at the amount of people who can not read between the lines in this thread...

Anyways.

I agree with the OP.

Seeing as Healthcare is a "right", we should do everything to support that right.

We have 400 pound meatballs walking around slurping down BigMacs, and then going to the hospital for high blood pressure.

And with this new system, we pay for it through inflation and price level.

If the government wants to help this damn country, they would cut the support strings off of every useless sack out there.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
I am amazed at the amount of people who can not read between the lines in this thread...

Anyways.

-----------------------------
Actually it was right out of one of Limbaugh's radio shows,
or very close to it, and I knew it at the time he first started posting; decided to go along with it late at night and and found him that farm he was looking for in about 3 minutes research on the net.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Why the hell do people feel like they're entitled to things?

Nothing is free in this life.

If you want food, grow your own, go hunt, or pick wild plants. If you CHOOSE to live in a concrete jungle, then go work and buy food from people who are able to produce it., If you want to live in a society where everything is given to you and everyone is equal, I suggest a communist country. It'll be great, trust me

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

As another said, you have to read between the lines in this thread.

Sometimes sarcasm is use too well.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think we should get free food if we choose. Here's how I look at
this deal. We pay the government bazillions of dollars in taxes in this
country. They spend all of my tax money on wars, bombs, bullets
and grenades. Since the government works for me, I demand they
give me free food for my hard earned tax money, instead of buying
new tanks and missiles. See how simple that is? From now on I am
telling them to quit spending my cash on killing people and put some
squash on my table for a change. Now, no more wars, I will get fatter
than most of the folks at Wally World, and we will all be happier than
a bee in a pot of honey. Any followers here?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by Chicken_Bone

I sense the sarcasm, but I am completely against taxing the rich. I'm fiscally conservative and otherwise in the middle on all other issues which I view as being able to form my own oppinions instead of being a brainless follower like most far right and left.

taxing people for accomplishing something and achieving in life I think is wrong and is a sort of punishment. If you tax the rich too much the next best class would be the middle. No one will want to achieve and everyone would strive just to do enough and live off others granted their are enough wealthy.

I am so against liberal tax increases as it mainly just hurts the some what wealthy as the ultra rich dodge the taxes by write offs and end up paying little to nothing. For example the very hipocritical warren buffet.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Government actually have a right to do things like limit salt intake, because the sheeple have shown that they don't have enough personal responsibility to do it themselves.

People have a right to eat what they want, but the Government has an obligation to protect and defend its population, and if that means from themselves, then so be it.

It's the same with the whole debate over illegal immigration - employers are not showing that they can responsibly hire, so the government has to intervene and find another way to pick up illegals, hence ID checks.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You can also guarantee that if the government was to give out free food, it would be genetically modified high sugar, high fat, high carb, low nutrition gruel and the tax payer would end up subsidizing the large food companies to produce it.

Free food would NOT be geared towards the health of the population - it would be minimum subsistence rations ONLY.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

You sort of contradict yourself here. First you say that the government
has a right to do things like limit salt intake because we are sheeple
without responsibilities. Then you say that people have a right to eat
what they want, but the government has an obligation to protect and
defend its population. Yes they should protect us and defend us from
invading troops on our soil, and stop the millions crossing our borders
"illegally".

The government has no right to protect me from eating whatever I want,
whereever I want, whenever I want and how much I want.

They are not in the business of dictating any of that stuff. I will decide
how much salt I want and use, and not some tree hugger government
beareaucrat. Have you ever tried to wrap your mind around the concept
of freedom of choice.? Last I heard, we still have that sort of thing here
in the US. When did the government take over our daily lives so much
that we the sheeple who have no sense to make our own decisions,
so they can dictate to us how to eat or not? I am betting that you are
one of those so called sheeple that just loves for the government to lead
you around with a ring in your nose and tells you how to breathe.
Ok, watch the salt now. Watch the sugar. Eat only yummy whole grain
cereals, no lard, no fat. Oh boy, what's next? How to put our shoes on
in the morning and what color of shirt to wear?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join