It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milleresque
Er...if you actually read my post you would see that I understand completely that I am unique, do not ascribe to the Indigo Child schtick, and in no way consider myself similar or equal to anybody else.

You obviously like to grab whatever sliver fits a re-buff without finishing the comment in question.

Sorry, the post wasn't inteded to "you" personally. More : you there labelling yourself indigo or crystal. I wasn't clear enough. Sorry for that. I just grabbed the opportunity you cited a list of traits to show to everyone feeling like belonging to these traits that they aren't the property of the new age movement.

Wasn't directed at you, more for anyone who feels concerned.

Sorry again my friend

[edit on 21-4-2010 by SpaceGoatsFarts]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

@ Thermo Klein:

It seems I am also an Indigo child with your research on it. I even have the high IQ of 133. But sadly I am allowing my dark side to take over recently. I am sick and tired of how this world is headed and the way people are corrupting themselves. Part of me hopes that Nibiru will cause havoc if it exists.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm inclined to agree with the OP. I don't see any need for this new label aside from creating a new "consumer group" niche. Although that has probably worked out well for a few people.

Assigning such a label to a child, before they can really explore and develop their own identity, is not a good idea imo. All children are special. All children are gifted. You don't have to buy a bunch of books to learn about your special child. Just pay attention, help them explore, encourage them.

I'm an adult and I'm still reluctant to label myself as anything. People are so adaptable, and labels are so fixed. The world would be better off without so many labels I think.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Labels can be good or bad. Sometimes they separate us, sometimes they allow us to be included. Labels should NOT be a total statement of who a person is though... That's one the problems with people judging others.

If a person has a certain sexual orientation they are not THAT TERM - they are a person, and one aspect of his or her life is sexual orientation. Yet, undoubtedly some ignorant jerk will name them "lesbian" , "gay", "transgender" and only be able to see that. What's worse is the person can be ostracized because of that single label.

My wife doesn't know me as a Crystal, although we had a short conversation about it when I found the term. My family of origin has never even heard the term from my mouth. I don't talk about it.

However, we here are on a website trying to fight ignorance. I call it my place to state my research on the social trend that is Indigo/Crystal and say - there is some truth to this, lists of behaviors group together in certain individuals. Does that mean a judgment?? Does that mean I'm saying someone is better than another?? No, it doesn't.

Does the label exist? Yes, it does. Should we label our kids that way at birth!!? No, of course not! Indigo or Crystal or whichever is just a description, not a judgment.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by Blanca Rose

yes that is true

korillian photography is like this:

you place your hands on small electric charges and a small amount of electric energy is put through your body,

the human body is a natural conductor, electrical impulses course through your body so you can move your fingers and feels things with your nerves etc etc, that's medical science i don't need to elaborate that

anyway all this bio electricity creates a biomagnetic feild if you want more information on this phenomenon read this book, it goes above and beyond what i could describe, this magnetic feild is weak, but with extra static electricity from the korilian set up it can be magnified just a bit to be sensed by the korilian camera

the camera then takes the eletrical charges it measured in the air and transcribes them to preset colors based on the strength of the charge

a person will normally have the same color range throughout their life, i've seen peoples photos from their teens be the same as their photos in their late 40s, but if you are extremely manic happy in one photo, and extremely depressed and such in another it can reflect in the photo

korillian photography is a well documented science, you can look it up, it just has no real value to anything there is no purpose to it's use you know?

anyways that's how it works, it's not a scam and generally a person retains a certain quality to their auras color during their whole life so long as each photo is taken when they are healthy enough to have their natural bio magnetism strong enough to be taken photo of

to start with I totally agree with the op.

that photography is also interesting and I don't dispute the science you mentioned here. The 'scam' side of it I believe though was this woman in a video about it claiming to be able to I interpret the colours. She described two people with the same colour as having contradictory qualities. As far as I'm concerned I could never take her interpetations seriously after that just like with astrology. Each astrologer says totally different things often contradicting each other and their justification can't be backed up with any serious science. Similarly I wonder if the gravity and magnetic field of our planets etc do affect us, it is simply those who claim to be able to interpret it who can't be trusted at all. It certainly doesn't make sense that we'd be split into categories of what months of the year we were born in though, what a ridiculous thought!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Does the label exist? Yes, it does. Should we label our kids that way at birth!!? No, of course not! Indigo or Crystal or whichever is just a description, not a judgment.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Thermo Klein]

The problems with those Indigo/Crystal labels is that they have been created with a purpose. As OP said, the description is nothing new (people more intelligent/sensitive/gifted).

What is new is that they made links between this and the new-age movement, the justifiy the impeding coming of a new aquarian age (like they are more and more of these kids ! Which is of course not true, I worked with kids, they are no differents, just more at ease with new technology).

So, this "label" is misused to :

- Promote a theory (new-age)
- Sell books, conferences and group works : make money.

In my opinion this label is not harmless, and was created for defined purpose, serving the interests of a few.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It amazes me how some people consider themselves in that position that you can actually judge other people. And they do it all the time.

So what if there isn't a thing called indigo children? Let them have their fun.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I wish I could delete my posts.

[edit on 4/21/10 by RedDragon]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

If a kid goes around telling his peers that he's the next step of evolution (which doesn't exist, means they don't understand evolutionary theory; ants are as 'evolved' as humans) or part alien, he's going to get made fun of incredibly.

Even if he is and Indigo children exist, what's the point of telling your kid that he's one?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

If a kid goes around telling his peers that he's the next step of evolution (which doesn't exist, means they don't understand evolutionary theory; ants are as 'evolved' as humans) or part alien, he's going to get made fun of incredibly. And then probably beaten up.

Which in a way is probably a good thing lol - so they don't end up as whacko as their parents. I know I learned some good lessons growing up by getting clocked in the face.

Losers complain about bullying. Kids with strong personalities deal with it and learn from it.

Wow. Sickening.

It just might be that these bullies are actually very insecure little boys whos alcoholic parents fight all the time, because the daddy can't get it up.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

Originally posted by RedDragon

Wow. Sickening.

Well, sorry if it's a bit shocking but I tend to agree. Labelling yourself as "the next step of the human evolution", "a step further in the development of consciouness" or whatever is not so different than blond germans saying that they are the master race.

Even if they are very compassionate and here to help humanity, "indigo" descriptions are a bit arrogant. I don't mind a guy who says he's a genius. But I do if the guy says he is here to save the human race and that he's a step further in the evolution process.

If they are so good at empathy, they should know that...

Sometimes it makes me want to punch them in the face too, like I would with a eugenist nazi. I plead guilty...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

That came out a bit wrong. What I meant by that is that there are 2 types of people:

1) People who do things about their problems.

2) People who complain.

People who complain about bullying and don't do anything about fall into number 2. That aspect of their personality carries into everything in life. It's a victim mentality.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Damn. I laugh at people like that. They are so... limited and two dimensional.

I don't really give a flying * what you have to say.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Bullies themselves are often insecure losers. Kids that allow themselves to get picked on though usually suffer from low self-esteem too.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

reply to post by RedDragon

Damn. I laugh at people like that. They are so... limited and two dimensional.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say... On one hand they (indigos) say :

"We are not different, we are not superior, don't judge us we didn't choose to be special".

Next minute they say :

"Damn. I laugh at people like that. They are so... limited and two dimensional."

And THEY become the judge.

Oooh the irony

Is it so hard for the ego to admit you are part of the same team as the rest of the world ?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

IMO these are just labels which serve to further divide and ostrazise our children and have no place in our society.

Amen to that

Yea I have personally spoken to these so called indigo children and they are delusional, they are so out of touch with reality it's unbelievable ' yet they claim to have endless amounts of knowledge and wisdom." I in no way mock that because I think it's a mental condition, kind of like when children have imaginary friends.

I think it's the same for most New Agers, Starseeds, Light Workers, Enlightened masters..ect...ect... They all live in an illusion to take them away from the real truth, probably because facing that truth would be going against the attachments they cling on to so close.... Love, Peace, Joy, Happiness... they cling to these feelings like no other feeling should ever exist "Although in the real world it does" and sometimes we have to face them feeling instead of running away from them in La La Land.

It's like this, You New Agers, Indigos, Star Children or whatever believe you have to be happy all the dam time, you create so much expectations of happiness that when happiness is not their it's like the end of the world. You see one bit of Negativity and cannot deal with it, you put up a mental shield "Something a Psychiatrist would ask you to do" Constantly bombarding everyone else with your new age beliefs, trying to "Save" us all from the "EVIIIIIIIIIIIL" Negativity.

I am sick of these New Agers telling me how to live, I appreciate anyone trying to help me "I really do respect that" but please, keep your beliefs to yourself, stop spamming the internet with fantasy, especially ones about a bloody awakening because It's getting boring and you are making Conspiracy Theorist look like a bunch of mushroom eating hippy's.

I am 100% on Evils side because of the New Age Movement, I really want to go to hell if the Afterlife is anything like the New Age Movement or Religion portraits. Yup send me to hell if I aint here already.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I am 100% on Evils side because of the New Age Movement, I really want to go to hell if the Afterlife is anything like the New Age Movement or Religion portraits. Yup send me to hell if I aint here already.

Lol I like that
Yeah sometimes the best intentions become the worst solutions.

I'm sure Adolf was really believing there would be peace in the world when all the jews are dead.

Those who believe it's all Black or White are usually dangerous. Both sides.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by quango

Auras is just made up guff Gypsies used to use to trick people into readings "Ohhh you have an Amazing Aura Blah Blah Blah.... You must come with me and part my palms with silver.... Let me look into the Crystal Balllllllllllll..... Do you know a Fr.... Fra... Fred.... Frank..... John... James.... Paul... Peter"

Load of nonsense, in my opinion that is so if you believe in all that guff "Don't teak it to heart"

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

You better read the thread. I don't believe in indigos.

People want to feel special. Let them. It's pretty irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Yeah, no problem with that. When they start telling their kids that crap though, it's just going to get their kids hurt. It's bad parenting and would be even if it were true.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join