It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Is NO Such Thing As Indigo Children (Pseudo-Science Ones). Yup It's True.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
So, there are a couple of threads floating around right now discussing the issue of Indigo or Crystal Children.

IMO these are just labels which serve to further divide and ostrazise our children and have no place in our society.

Before I give any further personal views, let's see what Wiki has to say about them.

Indigo children is a label given to children whose parents believe they possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on New Age concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe.

The concept of indigo children gained popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade.

A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding belief in the idea of indigo children and their nature and abilities.

These beliefs range from their being the next stage in human evolution or possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy to the belief that they are simply more empathetic and creative than their peers.

So the concept comes from ONE person, and was propagated by parents who didn't want to accept that their kids had learning disabilities, or just wanted to enforce the idea that the kid was "special".

How does one qualify to be an Indigo Child?

Descriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends or family as being weird; possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose; and also exhibit a strong inclination towards spiritual matters from early childhood.

Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, and resistance to authority.[2][4]

According to Tober and Carroll, indigo children function poorly in conventional schools due to their rejection of authority, being smarter than their teachers and a lack of response to guilt-, fear- or manipulation-based discipline.[5]

Source

So generally they are classified as having a high IQ, having a sense of purpose, rejecting Authority and being extremely perceptive.

What did we use to call these people before the 1970's? Humans. Humans of above average intelligence.

This is ALL indigo children. HUMANS of above average intelligence and perception. Labelling these children as anything else is doing them a giant disservice.

You should NEVER tell your children that they are better than anybody else, even if they do have a higher IQ or "extra sensory" perception.

We are ALL equal as people, there are just varying degress of intelligence and perception which make us all unique in that sense.

So what are your thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

[edit on 4/20/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I kind of agree I think.

We see it also with ADD/the broadening of the autism spectrum diagnoses, and things like that. If a child isn't seen as 'normal', then people need some reason, or label to make them feel they understand it.

I think in a way, we've become less tolerant, and our view of what is 'normal' has been narrowed.

It reminds me a bit of some conspiracy thinking, it seems we humans have some kind of inbuilt need for an answer to every question. Sometimes those answers may be correct, but it's probably more about filling that gap and at least being able to offer some reason.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
I kind of agree I think.

We see it also with ADD/the broadening of the autism spectrum diagnoses, and things like that. If a child isn't seen as 'normal', then people need some reason, or label to make them feel they understand it.

I think in a way, we've become less tolerant, and our view of what is 'normal' has been narrowed.

It reminds me a bit of some conspiracy thinking, it seems we humans have some kind of inbuilt need for an answer to every question. Sometimes those answers may be correct, but it's probably more about filling that gap and at least being able to offer some reason.

I completely agree. Our need to know everything and be able to quantify and issue leads down these very dark roads.

Imagine when these kids actually realize they are just like everybody else and NOBODY is going to treat them any better for their supposed "gifts"?

Whose to blame? Parents and society for applying a non-existant and in the end hurtful label.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/20/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I guess it comes down to whether you believe auras are a real and verifiable phenomenon, since that's where the "indigo" in Indigo Children comes from.

All the behavior stuff is to some degree generalities like "Taurus's are bull-headed", "Gemini's are often of two-minds", etc. which themselves depend on your adherence to a belief in astrology.

Personally, I don't see auras nor do I really ascribe to astrology, but enough people do that I'm willing to keep an open mind.

I see a lot of hate directed towards Indigos on ATS , and although those who claim to be such often don't do themselves any favors in the manner in which they present themselves, I don't really understand where the hate comes from. Shouldn't people have the right to believe whatever they'd like?

OP, I'm not referring to your thread here, but aren't these rather pointless and mean-spirited attacks that Indigos (as well as Christians, UFO believers, or any of the other countless groups of people online and off) endure more divisive than the beliefs themselves?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This is going to sound awful, but I have read the other threads you are referring to. I can't help but think whenever the subject comes up here, that these people are very different.

You wondered what they might have been called in the 70's, and I can tell you. Nerd, or geek come to mind.

They can't hold a conversation without pointing out how intelliegent they are, which might well be true. The only difference is, nowadays they don't wear a pencil holder in their shirt pocket!

edit typo

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread!
You have just expressed my exact thoughts on this subject (which I have posted in two recent Indigo threads). Since a young age, I have had my intelligence tested fairly regularly for a number of reasons.
I am Mensa stock, but who the he!! cares? I am first and foremost a human being. That is the most amazing thing I can say about myself.

Trying to set people apart from the rest of the human race isn't moral, IMO. For postitive or negative traits. Would you like to be singled out and treated differently if you were say, double jointed or color blind?
Humanity is expressed in myriad different "versions", but in the end we all share the same planet, breathe the same air, live and die.

For all the calls throughout history for equality, it sure seems like a lot of people really want to be thought of as "more than". It's sad.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
um, indigo is a color, it's deep blue

and indigo child is a person with a blue aura
you can have your aura photo taken and seen with korrilian photography

the existence of auras and their color are debatable

but an indigo child is a person with an indigo aura
not a person who 'does not fit in'

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
I guess it comes down to whether you believe auras are a real and verifiable phenomenon, since that's where the "indigo" in Indigo Children comes from.

All the behavior stuff is to some degree generalities like "Taurus's are bull-headed", "Gemini's are often of two-minds", etc. which themselves depend on your adherence to a belief in astrology.

Personally, I don't see auras nor do I really ascribe to astrology, but enough people do that I'm willing to keep an open mind.

I see a lot of hate directed towards Indigos on ATS , and although those who claim to be such often don't do themselves any favors in the manner in which they present themselves, I don't really understand where the hate comes from. Shouldn't people have the right to believe whatever they'd like?

OP, I'm not referring to your thread here, but aren't these rather pointless and mean-spirited attacks that Indigos (as well as Christians, UFO believers, or any of the other countless groups of people online and off) endure more divisive than the beliefs themselves?

Yes I agree that the people who berate and insult these people for WHATEVER reason are wrong. There's a difference between stating that the label doesn't exist and stating that the people don't exist.

I'm just stating the label does not exist. I'm stating that these are more intelligent and more perceptive than most, along with auros and astrology which I somewhat ascribe to.

I do believe that people have the right to believe whatever they want, but labeling yourself, versus being labeled is even worse than the ladder in my opinion.

I don't think the two must go hand in hand however.

Thank for your input.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
to be honest with you

being an indigo child doesn't mean you have powers, or you are psychic
it doesn't mean anything at all, you could be just like everyone else actually, it's just a color of the aura

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Yes, you can have a kirlian photograph taken, but it will not be the same if you have it taken more than once. It might depend if certain parts of your body are giving off more heat than others, for instance.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

That may be but there are several current threads on ATS right now that talk about all the "powers" and not the aura.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
so actually what i mean is

there IS such a thing as an indigo child (a person with a blue or indigo colored aura) but the definition does not go farther than that

any information beyond that are just opinions that people have come up with based on how and why different auras are different colors on different people, most assume that auras are connected to people personalities or something,

i personally don't follow that train of thought

but basically yeah, indigo children have blue auras, that's all

everything else is just opinion

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Then I guess I'm an indigo kid.
I live up to all the the descriptions except for the IQ thing.
I don't know how high or low it is. I've never taken or have been tested.

I'm also very empathic, although I've been forcing/surpressing this.
I've experienced a few unpleasant losses.The pain pretty much closed me up in a personal prison.
Working on it tho.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

i have seen these threads

people have strong opinions about 'indigo children' and 'what they are'

hahaha it's all just a joke to me, spiritually we all posses the same energies in my point of view, no one is 'more evolved' hahaha

anyways my main point is this threads OP got the right idea in stating that yeah it's wrong to tell your kids things that they tell kids who are indigo children and what not

but in the end indigo children are people who have documented indigo auras by korrilian photography, that's all

so to imply that people with blue auras don't exist is incorrect

everything else though is true, they are no more special

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
so actually what i mean is

there IS such a thing as an indigo child (a person with a blue or indigo colored aura) but the definition does not go farther than that

any information beyond that are just opinions that people have come up with based on how and why different auras are different colors on different people, most assume that auras are connected to people personalities or something,

i personally don't follow that train of thought

but basically yeah, indigo children have blue auras, that's all

everything else is just opinion

Agreed. Being very spiritual myself I agree that auras do exist and at the base level yes Indigo children are just those with the Indigo aura, the point of the thread was to discuss this pseudo-science nonsense that comes along with the title.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Yes I agree that the people who berate and insult these people for WHATEVER reason are wrong. There's a difference between stating that the label doesn't exist and stating that the people don't exist.

So they do exist, but, you don't agree with what they are called? While I consider them to be geeks, the way I look at it is they believe they need a title, because they are so different.

Personally, I don't think geek or nerd is a bad thing, either. I know because I have a lot of experience being labeled either one of those.

I do believe that people have the right to believe whatever they want, but labeling yourself, versus being labeled is even worse than the ladder in my opinion.

But they like the label. Instead of being a nerd or a geek, they have a title that does sound better, so let 'em have it!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

yes that is true

korillian photography is like this:

you place your hands on small electric charges and a small amount of electric energy is put through your body,

the human body is a natural conductor, electrical impulses course through your body so you can move your fingers and feels things with your nerves etc etc, that's medical science i don't need to elaborate that

anyway all this bio electricity creates a biomagnetic feild if you want more information on this phenomenon read this book, it goes above and beyond what i could describe, this magnetic feild is weak, but with extra static electricity from the korilian set up it can be magnified just a bit to be sensed by the korilian camera

the camera then takes the eletrical charges it measured in the air and transcribes them to preset colors based on the strength of the charge

a person will normally have the same color range throughout their life, i've seen peoples photos from their teens be the same as their photos in their late 40s, but if you are extremely manic happy in one photo, and extremely depressed and such in another it can reflect in the photo

korillian photography is a well documented science, you can look it up, it just has no real value to anything there is no purpose to it's use you know?

anyways that's how it works, it's not a scam and generally a person retains a certain quality to their auras color during their whole life so long as each photo is taken when they are healthy enough to have their natural bio magnetism strong enough to be taken photo of

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i suggest you change the thread title then?

waht do you think?

maybe something like.. " indigo children are not special " or something along those lines

deny ignorance

peace
indigothefish

[edit on 4/20/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

It's almost like a conspiracy. It's like some of these recent threads are using the term to describe psychic abilities and knowledge that only can exist in an "Indigo". Tough luck if you don't have that label.
Like if you're not an "Indigo" you may as well give up on any hope of using your brain and mind to its fullest extent--you're not part of the "elite ones".
The whole thing seems like a way to try to suppress the efforts of humankind to develop anything that falls under the broad description of "Indigo".

I am not trying to offend anyone, but this just really bothers me. I'm not much of a Christian, but it makes me think of how the Bible was kept in Latin for so long, that only the priests could tell you the "truth".
When abilities or knowledge that are available to Everyone are claimed as a possession of only a chosen few, it throws up a lot of flags.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I agree, and have done so lol

Hope you like the new title.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join