It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Worlds!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I randomly think of abstract and wierd things.. in a few hundred years when mars is colonized and/if an atmosphere is created. What if war broke out between mars and earth.. wouldnt that be somethin to read the headlines " Earth sends another nuclear missle toward mars!".. wars have been around since the earliest we know of, and our rate of technology and expanding population.. it adds up to a realistic possibility.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Xagathorn

You fail to take into account the new world order single world government!! heheh obviously any "leader" of mars would be one of the cabal. \

But I guess when your so far away you think it worth a go at independence just like the yanks did with the brits,

So what we could be looking at is Mars as the new social, economic superpower of the 22nd century.

and if thats the case then i am sure there will be a website just like this bitchin about how bad the current martian gov is, and how it is not continuing the dream of the first martian settlers!!!

HEeeeeeeeeeeeeee

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xagathorn

Not weird at all !
scroll down a bit on this page and read where atomic weapons may
have been used here in the past.
www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'll reccomend watching the scifi series. Babylon 5.
I really, really do.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I hope it's a lot closer than a few hundred years, I've always dreamed about living like the Jetsons.
Though, I suppose very soon we will have to decide upon new planets to inhabit. So you never know my dream could come true
Anyways - back to the topic at hand.

We get all exited and frightened over ballistic missiles that have the range of country-to-country. I would imagine it would be a long time before we ever see a missile/projectile that has planet-to-planet range. However, by that time (in the future), I wouldn't be surprised if we saw much more powerful/hightech weaponry.

Earth might not send a nuclear missile, but they could send a electro magnetic pulse etc..

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The technology would have to be pretty advanced.

#1: Mars has no magnetosphere, so an artificial one would have to be constructed and maintained.

#2: It's outside of the Goldilocks zone, so it would need some serious global warming to make it bearable to be outside.

#3: After a few dozen generations, the lower gravity would differentiate the Martians from the Terrans to the point that they would have little or no desire to have anything to do with each other.

And you would have to worry about not awakening the Void Dragon. After all, the Emperor put it there for a reason!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That is if we are allowed to do so. Also, we canno't colonize other planets without making Extra Terrestrial Contact to the public. Humanity is going to have to make some serious changes before we start expanding or else the whole solar system will go to hell, due to us. Hell. Mars might already be inhabited or may have a caretaker, and it surely isnt us.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I am not sure but If we were able to terraform Mars then Nukes would not be the scarest thing that would be possible by then, you know what I mean?

Either way if we are that dumb to destroy ourselves on a mass scale then the human collective never had a point, we would just be a pathetic steaming pile of Monkey turds. That is just me though. Without reason in the whole then we are doomed and the thing that freaks me out is that "a person is smart but people are stupid" hopefully the smart ones are running our lives, if not we are screwed. I am sure people thought the same things time and time again through wars and the cold war but who is remembering the fear it brought. Fear creates power in the tides and there is only one way to succeed, brotherly love, but most don;t care which is why the elite rule and non elite stay in the maze. idk

new topics

top topics

join