It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teapartiers: What an outrage!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Illegal immigrants dont have constitutional rights, because they are illegal.....hence here illegally , only US citizens have constitutional rights. I dont know how this escapes you.

Besides that fact alone, its high time that something is done about illegal immigration and enforcement, its out of control, just look at the border towns.

If you dont want to come here the illegal way, then you get what you deserve, this entitlement crap is whats wrong with America today. No one wants to do things the right way, they just want what they want, and they want it NOW.

I have lots of friends that came here from Mexico and other countries, and they came here LEGALLY.

If youre too lazy to do it the right, and legal way, then why would we expect you to be a productive member of society and abide the laws we have in this country? Doing so just shows that they dont have respect for our way of life, and i dont know about you, but I want no part of that.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

I'm a tea party supporter, and I just disproved your claim. As for the protests, cities have laws dictating where you can hold a protest and where you can't. Would you prefer the tea party's break laws to hold their protests?

You win this time! But on the protest thing, I don't want them to break the law to get their point out by any means. The sweet irony of them protesting something that helps pay for them to have the ability to protest is enough for me.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The present TPM unrelated to Ron Paul was mostly the marketing invention of Rick Santelli, Michelle Malkin, and freedomworks. As opposed to the a libertarian based RP Tea Party, the current TPM is simply the rebranding of the far right of the republican party. Though some are desperately trying to portray it as a "new" grass roots movement, it is simply the naming of what has always been an existing demographic with the republican party which has simply been given a name to promote it a something new. It isn't.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Illegal immigrants dont have constitutional rights, because they are illegal.....hence here illegally , only US citizens have constitutional rights. I dont know how this escapes you.

Besides that fact alone, its high time that something is done about illegal immigration and enforcement, its out of control, just look at the border towns.

If you dont want to come here the illegal way, then you get what you deserve, this entitlement crap is whats wrong with America today. No one wants to do things the right way, they just want what they want, and they want it NOW.

I have lots of friends that came here from Mexico and other countries, and they came here LEGALLY.

If youre too lazy to do it the right, and legal way, then why would we expect you to be a productive member of society and abide the laws we have in this country? Doing so just shows that they dont have respect for our way of life, and i dont know about you, but I want no part of that.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

Again, this has nothing to do with my point.

Yes, illegal immigration is a HUGE problem. Aborting the constitution is NOT the answer.

Get your priorities right. Hitler was supposedly fixing problems too, no?

What's that Benjamin Franklin quote I've seen thrown around at rallies:

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/20/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Everyone is saying that illegals are a problem so this is good but thats not what the problem is. The problem is that this, while made with illegals in mind, will apply to anyone the presiding officer wants to question. It could be you or me even though we're legal, we could be held till we can prove it to their liking.

Thats what the problem is. It's something that was made to be used against people breaking the law but will be used against people not breaking the law. It's just at the transgression of the officer.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

I think it is pretty clear if you most likely are here legally or not. Lets go the Jeff Foxworthy route.

You know you are probably illegal if:
1. If you speak a de broken english then you just might be illegal.
2. If you have the same social security number as 50 other people, you just might be illegal.
3. If you work some crappy job and you work like a man who will get kicked back over the border if you dont make your boss happy.. you just might be illegal.
4. If you have 50 people living in the same house that normally holds like 5 people, you just might be illegal.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken_Bone

I think it is pretty clear if you most likely are here legally or not. Lets go the Jeff Foxworthy route.

You know you are probably illegal if:
1. If you speak a de broken english then you just might be illegal.
2. If you have the same social security number as 50 other people, you just might be illegal.
3. If you work some crappy job and you work like a man who will get kicked back over the border if you dont make your boss happy.. you just might be illegal.
4. If you have 50 people living in the same house that normally holds like 5 people, you just might be illegal.

Lol, that's sorta funny. Good thing he's a comedian and gameshow host, and not a Supreme Court justice, though....

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
You win this time!

Yay! What I wouldn't give for an evil laughing smiley right now.

But on the protest thing, I don't want them to break the law to get their point out by any means. The sweet irony of them protesting something that helps pay for them to have the ability to protest is enough for me.

I've seen no tea parties protesting public parks.. Expanding government, yes. Ever-increasing debt and irresponsible spending, yes. Public parks, no. The only way to hold a protest legally is to do it where the local law says you can, and if that happens to be in a public park there's not much that can be done about it. Not really ironic so much as it is being respectful of the law I think.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VintageEnvy
You win this time!

Yay! What I wouldn't give for an evil laughing smiley right now.

But on the protest thing, I don't want them to break the law to get their point out by any means. The sweet irony of them protesting something that helps pay for them to have the ability to protest is enough for me.

I've seen no tea parties protesting public parks.. Expanding government, yes. Ever-increasing debt and irresponsible spending, yes. Public parks, no. The only way to hold a protest legally is to do it where the local law says you can, and if that happens to be in a public park there's not much that can be done about it. Not really ironic so much as it is being respectful of the law I think.

Either way, nothing wrong with public parks, right?! No need to disagree about everything, lol.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Illegal Immigrants (Aliens) should be removed from this country by force using any and all means necessary. They have no rights and should have no rights. A criminal is a criminal.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

hey profiling works, how are Police suppose to be effective If they can't profile.
everybody is so worried about hurting peoples feelings.
If they are here legally, then they don't have to worry about anything do they.
They can just show their Green Papers and that well be the end of it. Oh No, somebody might get offended.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
Either way, nothing wrong with public parks, right?! No need to disagree about everything, lol.

Right. Public parks are awesome. Free entertainment for the kids, even if it is a pain to drag them away when it's time to go.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

hey profiling works, how are Police suppose to be effective If they can't profile.
everybody is so worried about hurting peoples feelings.
If they are here legally, then they don't have to worry about anything do they.
They can just show their Green Papers and that well be the end of it. Oh No, somebody might get offended.

What a straw-man! Who's worried about feelings?

The issue is whether you are willing to abort the constitution and sacrifice the liberty of citizens to deal with the issue of SUPPOSED non-citizens.

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbarber
Illegal Immigrants (Aliens) should be removed from this country by force using any and all means necessary. They have no rights and should have no rights. A criminal is a criminal.

Spoken like a true authoritarian. At least we know where you stand.

Just don't claim to love the constitution and liberty, as that will make you a blatant hypocrite.

If you want to solve a problem, do it within the confines of the constitution.

by force using any and all means necessary.

LOL! Gross. Can you imagine what our country would look like if we gave the powers that be that latitude?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

The Constitution does not grant rights to anyone. Rights pre-exist government and belong to all people across the world over, and if Klingons or Vulcan's were here, they too have rights that need no grant by statute or Constitution. I don't know how that escapes you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm appalled that they might actually demand to see an Americans 'papers' as it were to prove they're truly American and I don't see this going any other direction. There's no way they can do this without it turning very ugly, very fast. I hope I never live to see the day when I'm asked to show anything to prove I'm an American and am here legally.

I never really understood the issue with showing ID when asked. I guess after my 28 years in the military and showing my ID card a million times I do not see it as a big deal.

So how do I know you are American? How do I know that your children should be in our schools, or how do I hire you and know you are legally able to work in this country? It seems everything is in place to protect the identity of illegals or make it very easy for them to live and work without getting caught.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

How is what the State of Arizona did the Tea Parties responsibility? The Tea Party movement has always been a grass root movement in response to a federal government clearly out of control. Indeed, many of those in the Tea Party movement have been fighting for the reassertion of states rights. The Tea Party movement has their hands full with the federal government, and the State of Arizona is not with out its protest movement. There is just nothing at all hypocritical about any perceived silence from the Tea Party movement on the matter of a state law.

Pick your battles S.N., either fight the Arizona Bill, or fight the Tea Party, but your attempt a drawing a parallel between the two is no different than what the MSM is doing right now with Tim McVeigh. It is just one more fallacy from dubious politico's who don't seem to have any recognizable principles beyond smearing an opponent.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

The Constitution does not grant rights to anyone. Rights pre-exist government and belong to all people across the world over, and if Klingons or Vulcan's were here, they too have rights that need no grant by statute or Constitution. I don't know how that escapes you.

So what do we do with people who knowingly break our laws and how do we find them?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

How is what the State of Arizona did the Tea Parties responsibility? The Tea Party movement has always been a grass root movement in response to a federal government clearly out of control. Indeed, many of those in the Tea Party movement have been fighting for the reassertion of states rights. The Tea Party movement has their hands full with the federal government, and the State of Arizona is not with out its protest movement. There is just nothing at all hypocritical about any perceived silence from the Tea Party movement on the matter of a state law.

Pick your battles S.N., either fight the Arizona Bill, or fight the Tea Party, but your attempt a drawing a parallel between the two is no different than what the MSM is doing right now with Tim McVeigh. It is just one more fallacy from dubious politico's who don't seem to have any recognizable principles beyond smearing an opponent.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

I thought tea-party patriots were highly mobilized and engaged citizens that care about liberty and the constitution above all else.

That is why such a clear, tangible, and actual abortion of liberty and infringement upon citizens of our country should 'be their problem.'

Call Governor Brewer and tell her you value liberty and the constitution above all else. Picket outside the state house. Vote out any of the nazis that voted for this abomination! Show that Arizonans won't be scared into aborting the constitution! Prove that Arizonans are real Americans (pun and irony intended)!!!

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/20/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
I never really understood the issue with showing ID when asked. I guess after my 28 years in the military and showing my ID card a million times I do not see it as a big deal.

My hubby's in the military. I have no problem showing my ID to prove I'm old enough to buy things, get a job, get onto bases, or show to the police if I get pulled over. I do, however, have a problem with people being forced to prove citizenship just because there's a possibility they might be here illegally.

So how do I know you are American? How do I know that your children should be in our schools, or how do I hire you and know you are legally able to work in this country? It seems everything is in place to protect the identity of illegals or make it very easy for them to live and work without getting caught.

There's a difference between showing an ID to get a job or enroll your kids in school, and being forced to prove citizenship because you look like you might be here illegally. There are plenty of people who were born here and are of hispanic decent that will end up being forced to prove they were all because of their facial features and what skin tone they have. That's just not right no matter how you look at it. The illegal immigrant situation does need to be handled, no doubt about it. But this isn't the way to do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join