It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teapartiers: What an outrage!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
You people keep talking about rights, what rights are they going against? Because when you get pulled over you have to show you ID. Does that mean thats a violation pf peoples rights too.

When you are operating a vehicle you are voluntarily subjecting yourself to a certain set of standards that include the understanding that the appearance of a violation may result in a confrontation with officers of the law. They will ask you for your ID and proof of insurance but not proof of citizenship.

When I am walking around my home town, I expect to not have to prove my citizenship. As a natural born American citizen, why am I asking too much?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Funny how how that goes, Your a TRUE!!!!!!!! american with people agree with YOU. Your the un-american

Your grammar and usage is not correct English, which is probable cause for your immigration status to be checked immediately. And, since you're already suspected of a crime, it's okay for the officer to search your person, car and home.

Isn't equal protection grand?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You people keep talking about rights, what rights are they going against? Because when you get pulled over you have to show you ID. Does that mean thats a violation pf peoples rights too.

When's the last time you were asked to prove citizenship when you got pulled over?

U.S. Drivers License Application
Important Warning

All 50 U.S. states are gradually updating their requirements and starting to request proof of [legal] immigration status in the United States. However, in several states it is still possible for illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses and state IDs.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

You live in opposite world. I am only aggressively intolerant of bullies, which pretty much describes the bulk of modern American evangelicals (not all evangelicals are wingnuts, but far too many of the American strain are) and tea partiers.

I would happily launch myself into a melee of white rednecks beating on a black person. The same goes for defending a little white lady from black inner city thugs. The same goes for guarding a scared teen making her way into a Planned Parenthood office in the face or vile jeers of the "Christian." The same goes for backing up a handicapped (cerebal palsy I think) PA-based scholar who was assaulted and had $1 bills tossed at him by Tea Partiers who assumed he was a loafer.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Here's one for ya.

Do you speak ENGLISH????

That would get 90 percent of them.

If you are a citizen and don't speak any english, then you should be sent thru the pain in the @ss do deal with it.

Kick them all out. Make them go thru a screening process like the legal one's. You want to increase the numbers? Fine, instead of raising taxes, you can volunter to pay for someone to come in.
You want to be charitable, do it the old fashion way and make the decision yourself instead of forcing it on everyone.

I don't want to pay diddly for them. I give money and food to americans I see everyweek that are having trouble.

When was the last time any of you gave a 100 bucks to a stanger in need?
How about 5 bucks for lunch?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterall

When you are operating a vehicle you are voluntarily subjecting yourself to a certain set of standards that include the understanding that the appearance of a violation may result in a confrontation with officers of the law. They will ask you for your ID and proof of insurance but not proof of citizenship.

When I am walking around my home town, I expect to not have to prove my citizenship. As a natural born American citizen, why am I asking too much?

We're certainly learning a lot about Internet Tough Guys, aren't we?

This board is usually full of "WHEN THE GUMMINT COMES TO MY HOUSE, I'M GONNA START SHOOTIN'!"

But in this case, people are happy to allow greater power to the police just because they think it will be applied to someone else.

So if the FBI comes to their homes, I expect they'll sheepishly allow them access without a warrant, just because they're The Authorities.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

I've got a passport.
Bring it on.......................

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Can you imagine if a similar bill was passed in Wisconsin w/ regards to Canada? How would you react if the government could harass and demand proof of citizenship if they determine that you reasonably appear Canadian??

They wouldn't do that! Canada is not a 3rd world cesspool of filth besieged by an all or nothing assault by drug cartels! And if they did, you wouldn't hear a peep about it! Its not news when the good upstanding majority encounter authority...They will simply show there ID and be on there way.

Seems to me like you are trying your best like everyone else to make those of us that would rather see our tax dollars put to better use look like racially motivated hate mongers!

Anti-Tea party types have and will loose every debate against their archetype so the only thing left is the politics of personal destruction!

NICE TRY...

link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Funny how how that goes, Your a TRUE!!!!!!!! american with people agree with YOU. Your the un-american

Your grammar and usage is not correct English, which is probable cause for your immigration status to be checked immediately. And, since you're already suspected of a crime, it's okay for the officer to search your person, car and home.

Isn't equal protection grand?

Are we having a spelling bee right now? If not then take your childish insults somewhere else.

link   

Originally posted by pajoly
The same goes for backing up a handicapped (cerebal palsy I think) PA-based scholar who was assaulted and had $1 bills tossed at him by Tea Partiers who assumed he was a loafer.

Ahh, so people mistakenly thinking someone was homeless and in their minds doing a good deed by giving him money makes all tea partiers bullies. Gotcha. Makes perfect sense now.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jsmappy

There is NO question we should enforce our borders, and that illegal immigrants should be accountable to the law.
The "rights" issue is just that, human beings HAVE rights, even illegal immigrants.
Having said that, I believe the first offense should carry a fixed sentence doing time in a county jail work program. Maybe 90 days for first offense, and they leave with enough pocket money to get back home.
Second offense, one year. Work, and leave STATE prison with enough money to get back home.
Third offense, make said person a TAX-PAYING citizen for crying out loud.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
reply to post by Jenna
If you are a citizen and don't speak any english, then you should be sent thru the pain in the @ss do deal with it.

Let me fix that for you:

Wenn Sie ein Bürger und tun nott sprechen irgendwie Deutsches sind, dann sollten Sie durch die Schmerz im Esel gesendet werden beschäftigen ihn.

Go ahead and put that in your sig (heil).

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Fine, instead of raising taxes, you can volunter to pay for someone to come in.
You want to be charitable, do it the old fashion way and make the decision yourself instead of forcing it on everyone.

I don't want to pay diddly for them. I give money and food to americans I see everyweek that are having trouble.

Wait.. What? Maybe I'm a bit confused here, but you seem to be assuming that I don't want the illegal immigrant situation fixed. If so, you couldn't be more wrong. I just don't see it as being constitutional or morally right to harass legal citizens based on their physical appearance and the possibility that they might be here illegally. Punishing every single person in Arizona who is or looks Hispanic is not the way to go.

If I am confused and that wasn't what you meant, then disregard this post.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Wow. We are finally making headroom into illegal immigration and people are bashing it as some form of Nazism. They are just gonna put them on a bus back to Mexico. I for one have been out of work for a year and most of the jobs that I could have gotten is done by illegals, even some of the higher paying, more technical jobs. But since California government has no back bone, they will never do anything about it. I say they sign the bill into law immediately. I am sick of getting calls from creditors, sleeping on friends couches and slowly slipping into homelessness, because the job market here is overloaded. Especially now.

Or how about how tired I am of going to grocery stores and being looked down on by these illegals because I don't speak Spanish... in MY COUNTRY! Oh that same family that gave me the stink eye, paid with food stamps then got into a brand new 2009 Subarban. Tell me more of them aren't doing that. Working under the table, getting food stamps, unemployment, free health care, etc. I have seen it all, because they have told me that's what they do. And once they milk the system of all it worth, with enough to retire, they quit. My favorite incident was when I got back from a deployment and having my car stopped in the middle of the street, with non english speakers throwing beer bottles at me because I look like skin head because I am bald. Not my plan to be bald. But your ok with that Skunk. Your ok with all of my liberties being taken away by these illegals, but as soon as we start to fight back, it becomes unconstitutional.

So you go ahead and stay on your high horse. Keep bashing a group that is doing more to trim the fat that any other group out there. But maybe your a part of the fat. Maybe that's why you posted this crap here. I hope they find them and kick them all out. I hope you go with your buddies.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Originally posted by pajoly
The same goes for backing up a handicapped (cerebal palsy I think) PA-based scholar who was assaulted and had $1 bills tossed at him by Tea Partiers who assumed he was a loafer.

Ahh, so people mistakenly thinking someone was homeless and in their minds doing a good deed by giving him money makes all tea partiers bullies. Gotcha. Makes perfect sense now.

No, here's the real story - and video. Hope you feel good about yourself for defending these people.

A wrinkled, kneeling man holding a stick crawled up to a group opposing the effort with a sign saying he has "got Parkinson's" and needs help.

"If you're looking for a handout you're in the wrong end of town," one man yelled at him. "Nothing for free over here, you have to work for everything you get."

Parkinson's is an incurable and degenerative brain disorder that impairs the victim's speech, motor skills and various other functions.

Another man walked up and threw a dollar bill at him, saying derisively, "I'll pay for this guy, start a pot." Tossing another bill at the sedentary man, he screamed, "No more handouts!"

"You love a communist!" shouted another protester in response.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Badgered1

No, this BILL DOES NOT allow what you just stated. Here is from the bill-

For any lawful contact made by a law enforcement official or agency of this state or a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state where reasonable suspicion exists that the person is an alien who is unlawfully present in the United States, a reasonable attempt shall be made, when practicable, to determine the immigration status of the person. The person's immigration status shall be verified with the federal government pursuant to 8 United States code section 1373(c)

Here is the link to Arizona legislature's page on the immigration bill.

Arizona legislation 1070

For any LAWFUL contact. Just pulling people over for this IS NOT lawful contact.

People like the OP and others will not ACTUALLY link to the bill because they ARE LIARS and want to foment discontent.

[edit on 4/21/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

reply to post by Jenna

Let me fix that for you:

Wenn Sie ein Bürger und tun nott sprechen irgendwie Deutsches sind, dann sollten Sie durch die Schmerz im Esel gesendet werden beschäftigen ihn.

Go ahead and put that in your sig (heil).

I am not only German, but Nederlandse alsmede je dom persoon.
Als uw referentie wordt nazi's, dan moet je leven een triest leven.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What i've noticed about people on ATS is that they will bitch and whine about illegals crossing the border and how something needs to be done, But when a state trys to do something about it people come on to ATS saying how wrong it is ,But there is one thing i don't see people on ATS doing and that is coming up with better solutions to the problem.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Alien Mind]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

So that super generous nice guy was just trying to help? Then why did he deny that he even threw the money or shouted hateful things if he was trying to help? When he was confronted with the video evidence, why did he apologize for that super nice thing he was doing? Defending a tea party bully who admitted to being a bully and trying to pretend it was some kind of good deed only goes further to validate the hypocrisy this thread highlights to begin with.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by VintageEnvy

did u know that the Republican Party partially funds
the Tea Party ??? The tea party was created to offset
Democratic Party Majority in the future.

get your facts right,,,,,, the original tea party was started by ron paul supporters,,,,,, and was slowly stolen by the gop and dick army,,, as emanuel has said,,,, use every event for all it's worth,,, and the GOP is doing there best to do that

ps...... you are all missing a big part here,,,,,, a cop can't just randomly stop people and ask for i.d.,,,,, it's not just random,,,,,,,, it has to be in support of a "lawful encounter" which may be a traffic offense,,, drunk and disorderly etc.....
no different supposedly than a fed law from 1986 that goes unenforced

and part of this is a response to towns passing "sanctuary city" laws that tie the hands of cops

when random citizens are being kidnapped ,,,, murdered, robbed etyc there has to be a response,,, an attempt to rectify it

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join