It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teapartiers: What an outrage!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

lol, no reason to get offended. I have asked some people who consider themselves tea party members why they consider themselves to be. The answers I received NOT ONCE mentioned unfair taxes or taxation without representation. One person said he hates Democrats and one person even said they wanted Obama impeached. I guess the point I was trying to make with the comment was how ignorant Americans are and how easily they will jump on a bandwagon with out a clue as to why they are doing so.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
The Consistution empowers the government to stop, question, and detain a person for cause. Violation of immigration laws are cause. Why would anyone think other wise.
Perversion of the consistution to justify a political agenda will not work.

Light Up the Darkness

The Constitution, neither federal or state in this matter, empowers the government to profile certain people in order to discover any violation of immigration laws. If your comment were anywhere near close to the truth, then the Arizona legislature wouldn't have felt compelled to legislate this current bill.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Democrat, Republican, Independent, Green, Right To Life... Have I missed any? Oh yeah, how did I forget Tea!

A rose by any other name smells what?

Go ahead, spend time and energy trying to get your guy or gal in there come November. Take back the government that was never yours to begin with.

Just do me a favor and grow some vegetables while you mentally masturbate over the coming elections and your shiny new party affiliations.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

So you're basing your opinion on the majority of tea party members on the answers of two people. Well that just makes it all better.

That makes about as much sense as asking Rev. Wright what he thinks about white people and then attributing his opinion to every black person on the planet.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
According to our Constitution we have certain inalienable rights guaranteed to us. The State does not give them to us, rather they are a part of who we are as free Human Beings.
The first 10 of these guarantees being the Bill of Rights.
I won't enumerate them all here, but pay special attention to the 4th and 5th in the context of this topic.

The 4th in part reads: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated"

the 5th in part reads: " nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law".

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The problem with this bill is that the status of someone could be questioned because of "appearance", and that is clearly wrong.
(Remember, we are also killing people in Iraq because of "appearance", and to me, that is a greater crime and deserves a half dozen threads...)
Arizonians are reacting (overreacting?) to INEFFECTIVE Federal Policy and/or Enforcement. The TRUE TEA Party is working to address THAT reality, that is, they are attacking the root of the problem.
It is a matter of priorities. This is a state action, and there are bigger fish to fry in my opinion.
Like sanctioned murder overseas.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
The 4th in part reads: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated"

the 5th in part reads: " nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law".

And these rights are guaranteed to citizens.

They do not apply to those that are here illegally.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Originally posted by pajoly
reply to post by skunknuts

"You there, papers!" demanded the burly and shaved head cop in his crisp black battle uniform with combat boots to the vaguely Mexican looking woman pushing her child in a stroller.

"Go get 'em!" belligerently shouted the old Tea Partier ambling his obese body down the sidewalk.

"Go back to your own home!" nastily yelled a woman driving by with a fish emblem on her minivan.

Welcome to America, circa 2010. Full of intolerant, cowardly, fear-ridden, hateful and hypocritical people. So long as they get what they want, they embrace a police state.

In a recent science magazine I read about a study where people of various races were shown pictures of other people and asked "Is this person an American?"

Guess what happened? Most caucasions heavily skewed their choices to other white faces!

Only when we understand our own bias can we truly understand the depth of our ignorance in regards to how these laws are enforced.

This info is all well and good but your forgetting the fact that we are talking about Arizona. Of all the illegals in Arizona its a very safe bet that 99.9999 are not white.

So when showing whites pictures of asundry faces it is in fact impossible for them to tell whos illegal...white or anyone else. But show anyone a stack of pictures from Arizona they could split the stack and break near even.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
(Remember, we are also killing people in Iraq because of "appearance", and to me, that is a greater crime and deserves a half dozen threads...)

If that were actually true then 99% of Iraq would be dead right now.

We do not base our deployment tactics on whether someone wears a headscarf or a baseball cap.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I could care less what the Tea Party's stand on this issue is. If you haven't paid your dues, don't expect to be treated as if you had.

You act like these people have the Rights guaranteed by our Constitution. They don't. The law of the Constitution only apply to citizens of the United States.

This is where I keep losing you guys. We are specifically speaking about the bill mentioned in the OP, right? I thought that meant "these people" meant anyone affected by this bill.

So would you mind telling me who you mean by "these people."

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Oh please,
MUST I provide the numbers of innocent civilians killed in Iraq, often with the lame excuse that they "looked" like terrorists, were mistaken for terrorists?
Better to shoot them and be safe, right?
Not only Iraq, but Afghanistan and anywhere the locals wear distinctive clothing.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Holy cow!

Start a thread with Tea Party in the title and the liberal name callers flock from all over the planet to get in a jab.

Last I remember you guys were quite proficient at making signs. Why don't you get out there and protest like you used to instead of arguing with a bunch of people (who have nothing to do with the Tea Party) on a conspiracy website?

What on earth makes you think a group that everyone seems so intent to discredit should be the conduit to champion such a cause? Again, why don't you do it? Don't want to get caught opposing dear leader?

I know it's kind of a catch-22, since we all want to enjoy the few freedoms we have left. Nobody wants to beg the government to enforce a draconian clamp-down in order to solve an issue that nobody can seem to get under control.

Here's the deal though, our country has a serious immigration problem right now, and our government doesn't seem to have any intention of trying to keep it in check, let alone fix it.
Arizona has been forced to take it upon themselves to, at least, try and do something about it.

With the escalation of gang violence, and undocumented people, the fiscal and physical safety of Americans, not only in the southern border states, but all over the country, is in jeopardy.
As a former owner of a construction company, I know first-hand just how hard it can be to compete with outfits that choose to hire under-the-table workers who, by the way, pay no taxes. When they get injured, I even get to help pay their medical bills.

It's gotten so bad, that even my Mexican friends and employees who immigrated here legally are pissed off about it. It's taking money out of their pockets too. We've had the conversation many times.

Me? I say check everybody, I don't care. If you're here legally you shouldn't have a thing to worry about.

Enough of the political correctness tripe, lay your proof on the table. It wouldn't offend me in the least to provide my Birth Certificate, SS card, DL, proof of insurance, hunting license, fishing license, pilot's license, contractor's license, dog licenses, or my library card. Except for the BC and the library card, I had to pay for em' anyway.

As far as the 4th amendment goes, I'd consider it simply part of an investigation of a criminal offense. No rights violated there.

Rather than leaving the failure of any such effort up to some already hijacked, libertarian movement I'd love to hear how you'd go about addressing it. Unless, of course, you only started this dramatically titled thread for no other reason than to cry about the Tea Party.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Uh..the huffington post? Please, if the support for your point is based on the opinion of the most liberal source in the country then Im sorry I honestly dont thing you have a real point... nothing personal.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
According to our Constitution we have certain inalienable rights guaranteed to us. The State does not give them to us, rather they are a part of who we are as free Human Beings.
The first 10 of these guarantees being the Bill of Rights.
I won't enumerate them all here, but pay special attention to the 4th and 5th in the context of this topic.

Considering whats going on in Arizona do you believe it "unreasonable"?

Its not unreasonable that american citizens be completly searched when flying the friendly skys...considering whats going on.

It looks to me more and more as if some are trying to turn Arizona into a free fly zone that encourages illiegal immigration, crime, kidnapping ect.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You're chastising tea partiers for not speaking out against a clearly racist law?
Yeah I know, I know... if there's one thing tea partiers can't stand it's being called racist.
If there's another thing they can't stand it's brown people.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

I had to chime back in on this issue.

I could see why Obama may not want this law to pass, he would not be able to go to Arizona anymore!

He may have to prove he is a CITIZEN!

Just had to drop that into the discussion. Since the OP felt he had to denigrate the Tea Partiers with this tripe, I thought I would denigrate his dear leader.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This bill is created for ILLEGAL aliens, if any of the posters in here are truly the CITIZENS of the USA and are not in favor of this bill, you are guilty of treason. Please do the rest of us that love this country and don't want it to fall apart, hightail it out of our REPUBLIC.

link   
reply to post by tyranny22

You act like these people have the Rights guaranteed by our Constitution. They don't. The law of the Constitution only apply to citizens of the United States.

You could not be more wrong with this statement. Rights are inalienable which means they can neither be granted nor taken away. The Constitution does not grant rights it prohibits the government from abrogating and derogating rights and at no point does it distinguish citizens from non citizens, and only makes reference to the people.

link   
reply to post by Stewie

This happens everywhere.

The statement I responded to presented "profiling" as if it were the standard operating procedure for the armed forces.

It's not.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

You could not be more wrong with this statement. Rights are inalienable which means they can neither be granted nor taken away. The Constitution does not grant rights it prohibits the government from abrogating and derogating rights and at no point does it distinguish citizens from non citizens, and only makes reference to the people.

So then what is "citizenship"?

Why are there borders? Passports? Trade agreements?

Why is there a United States of America? Why do I need a Visa to travel to Africa?

My point is, NO country in the world accepts everyone freely as a citizen. It's not the way the world works.

We put up borders that define boundaries. Why have those if everyone is equal to one another?

I'm not saying it's right.

But, if citizens of Mexico can come here and take advantage of health care and school, I should have the same rights as them and be able to move to Mexico and not have to pay for food or rent.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by tyranny22]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join