It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Famous people you imagine are on ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
As Above Top Secret is considered to be, "the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of alternative topics", I sometimes like to imagine that there may be some members who are actually quite well known or famous.

Whether they be celebrities, politicians/world leaders, actors, singers or authors I believe it is quite plausible that there are some who use this site.

Maybe they are just lurking and reading posts or maybe they are fully fledged members, who have made great contributions to the many debates and topics. Who knows?

It's well known by many on this site that the singer Robbie Williams was a member, although I'm unaware of whether he still is or of anything that he posted. I believe he was interested in the subject of aliens and UFOs.

Me personally I am a fan of the alternative British rock band Muse and after hearing this particular song below, among various others, I couldn't help but wonder whether Matt Bellamy or the other band members happened to read this site or were even members.

As for other famous members, well I particularly enjoy Hugo Chavez's threads about American imperialism, and Ahmadinejad has certainly brought a lot to the table in his denials of Iran's nuclear weapons programme. They are both great trolls erm....contributors.

So which famous people (if any) do you imagine to be on ATS?
Are you yourself famous? Not that I imagine Jack Nicholson is going to suddenly reveal himself here, but hey it's fun to speculate nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I always imagined Joe Rogan was a member. He seems to be pretty open to these types of topics.

Willie Nelson also seems to have information that floats around these boards.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You want famous????

I'm Gunga Din!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Judging by some threads that I won't mention:

Ol' Dirty Bastard, alive and well, despite rumors to the contrary.

TheAssoc.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Gavin Rossdale... (From Bush) although he was/is part of band called 'Institute'.

Here are some of the the lyrics of the song...

They got aeroplanes
Flying over you
You cannot escape
See them watching you?
Be paranoid
They have lists
The walls are listening
They know what you did

Love is stronger then hate
We are always on planes
Find mad love in a wasteland
Find space in everything you can
Find mad love in the wasteland
Find space, find space

Yeah- think there's a good chance he's checked out this site..

Also- Information age from Institute...

Lyrics-

"There's been delays
Murders of emotions
Distractions in waves
Stunted elevations

Can't seem to find a way out
Can't seem to find a way up
Can't seem to think for yourself
Can't seem to live without

Information age
System Overload
Shoot you for the fame
Lies flow fast like forehead sutures

We've been betrayed and
Now we are the hunted
Quartered and splayed
Poisoned by assumption

Information age
System overload
Shoot you for the fame
Lies flow fast like TV futures

Disinformation
Dancing on graves
All ego reminiscence
All your evil little ways, ways, ways, ways

Information age
System overload
Shoot you for the fame
Lies flow fast like TV futures...."

So, what do you think....?

Sorry for the long post...

[edit on 21/04/10 by jinx880101]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
John Stewart keeps stealin' my material!

Yea, you see this Stewart? I'm onto you!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have literally no inside information about what famous people may be here, just for the record. Plus, when it comes to "famous" I can be pretty clueless especially when it comes to musicians. When Robbie Williams was posting here and everyone was making a big deal about it, I had never heard of him before.

In terms of who I think might be here, at least as frequent observers, I can imagine Charlie Sheen and John Cusack. I'd be more surprised if they never at least lurked here.

Jesse Ventura, I'd think as well as Dan Aykroyd. Any number of politicians, journalists, and behind the camera Hollywood types I'm sure are frequent visitors. Writers of all genres. If you do a Google search for just about any topic covered here, you'll likely find some ATS links somewhere near the top.

So if it's a "famous" person with any interest at all in the topics covered on ATS, you can be fairly confident they've at least surfed through. It wouldn't surprise me to learn some are frequent visitors, registered members, and maybe even discussion participants.

Of course, it would be distracting in the extreme for that to be public knowledge. If I was famous, I sure wouldn't let it be known I was here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Not saying I think they are here but I will say they definitely have a similar mindset to many ATS members.

Parker and Stone from South Park. As someone just said in another thread, although the show often has toilet humor and silliness, if you really pay attention, they're very much on the ball in terms of current events, political issues, and even conspiracies.

They use the silliness of the four children especially and their characters to hit home very poignant perspectives on what is going on in our world.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
id say charlie sheen.

there seems to be a lot of media coverage about his belief that 9/11 was an insider job.

if you believe in it or not, the media are making out hes paranid because of it

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'd say Charlie Sheen would definitely have been on ATS at some point in the past and am I right in saying Richard Belzer was supposed to be a frequent visitor here as well.

I'm sure there are loads here but I’m guessing most wouldn’t want to reveal who they really are.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think if someone did come out and say that they were such and such, famous person, then they would be ridiculed and not believed in the slightest.

Well that is, unless they provided proof somehow.

But for all the hassle celebs and famous people get off the press it must be refreshing and a relief to be able to go on the internet and just be anonymous with everyone else.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It's been said but I think for sure; Charlie Sheen. Perhaps, Von Daniken, Stitchen, or any of the other new age authors. I know if I had a book that was famous amongst people like us, I'd frequent to feed my ego....lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Janeane Garofalo

en.wikipedia.org...

to start off with ..........

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
your forgetting Robbie Williams was a fully fledged member of ATS, he's as big as a celeb as you can get in the UK. Robbies A List here.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

He doesn't seem to visit here anymore.

well it says on his account ....."Last Visit: December 26, 2009"

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by woodwardjnr

He doesn't seem to visit here anymore.

well it says on his account ....."Last Visit: December 26, 2009"

He probably came to check the thread about the banner ads for his album

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
It seems, by looking at the one thread that he created that he got lots of flags and stars just because he is Robbie Williams.

I mean look at his huge friend's list.....

It's like that time when the owners tried to promote Robbie's new album.

Ughhh....totally embarrassing. I didn't agree with that at all.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Speaking of Robbie Williams- Is it possible to post a link to his profile? I would like to read his threads.. see if the is anything interesting there...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It's not that I'm against Robbie Williams or any other famous person being on this site.

It's just once they out themselves, people are going to end up giving them flags and stars for any old thing they post.

I know complained about the site's promotion of his album, but I just read a post by him saying he didn't know they were going to do it and he thought it was embarrassing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join