It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First sighting of Airline UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hi guys, just wanted to let everyone know I have seen a commercial airliner fly over for the first time since the flights were grounded.

Sorry to post such a short thread but I thought people may be interested.

Could have been a test flight I guess but it was rumoured flights will resume tonight.

Now we have all those lovely contrails to look forward to again

Edit to add: I am in the East Midlands, near Nottingham. Flightpath for East Midlands Airport.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I live on the North East coast, and have yet to see any of the familiar flashes in the sky from aircraft lights... I'll keep looking.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The CAA gave the green light to the airports to get things moving again.

But look at it like this, airlines CANNOT now just resume normal schedule service. as they need to work out the best way to recover, and that means rescue flights. so it will remain completely chaotic for days to come yet, until they can get people stranded back home, before even looking at getting the people here away again!

also, it take time to get a plane back in the air, what with filing flight plans with euro control. OK lets put it like this. Airlines will normally file flight plans in advance for a regular flight pattern. but now as they will not know what flights are going to go up, soooo once they have that sorted THEN they have to file with Brussels. and when ALL the airlines will do this, you can imagine it might take a little time for euro control to process everything. so there may be some delay there

Then there is crew, some crew stuck down route, others on days off. Basically a logistical nightmare. And as everyone knows when you have been off on holiday for some days, it takes a little time to get back into the swing of things.!!

once all that is cleared, then normal service will resume.

lets face it after 5 days it's almost impossible. the main pressure is on charter as opposed to schedule, soooo there are going to be a lot of holiday cancellations and refunds.

Personally I think this will tip the balance on more than one airline in the UK, and will just be un recoverable.

but that is just the pessimist in me talking

[edit on 20/404/1010 by JakiusFogg]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I agree mate, I think this may screw a few airline company up for good. I also wonder about the effect on our economies. Time will tell.

top topics

join