It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for another good ol' fashioned right wing conspiracy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Link to story:
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

News Snippet: ( Source Washington Examiner )
President Bush's connections to Enron were well-hyped during the company's accounting debacle that rippled through the economy. Time magazine even had an article called, "Bush's Enron Problem." The Associated Press ran with the headline, "Bush-backing Enron makes big money off crisis." David Callaway wrote that Enron for Bush was worse than Whitewater for Clinton.

With Bush's connection to Enron so hyped I wonder how mush this will be reported in the state run media. The amount in this statement is absolutely staggering.

News Snippet: ( Source Washington Examiner )
But the mere $151,722.42 (inflation adjusted) in contributions from Enron-affiliated executives, employees, and PACs to Bush hardly add up to Obama's $1,007,370.85 (inflation adjusted) from Goldman-affiliated executives and employees.

Now the house oversight committee is seeking SEC records pretty much asking what did they know and when did they know it.

www.politico.com...

News Snippet: ( Source Politico )
Issa implied that the timing was a bit too convenient, saying President Barack Obama’s push on Wall Street reform “neatly coincided with the commission’s announcement of the suit.”

Hopefully Issa can stop Obama's takeover of the banking system with this move or at least seriously cripple it. I have the feeling though that this is going to be labeled as the next big right wing conspiracy by the state run media as he tries to get to the bottom of corruption. Hopefully they'll remain undeterred and nail someones butt to the wall. I take that back nail a bunch of butts to the wall.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

Nothing new.. CORRUPTION in politics at every level. Even now the financial industry and the Pharmaceutical Industries have funneled millions into the D & R campaign war chests. The primary "issue" in this country is "corruption".

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Heating up.

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

I hope they get this dirt-bag.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
apparently this thread is a flop but I'm going to keep a running log of the goings on here in case it ever catches on.

Isnt it strange how these politicians will fight for needed reforms from big banks all the while taking money from them. So much honor in these people it almost makes you weep.

preview.bloomberg.com...

News Snippet ( Source Blomberg ):
Mark Kirk, the congressman competing against Giannoulias for the seat once held by Obama, ranks sixth for donations from Goldman employees, the center’s data shows. The top five are Democratic Congressman Michael McMahon of New York, Republican Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama, and three other New York Democrats: Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Representative Scott Murphy and Senator Charles Schumer. “This would be a lot more interesting if Wall Street banks, joined by Mark Kirk, weren’t fighting tooth and nail against the needed reforms the administration is advocating,” Hari Sevugan, Democratic National Committee spokesman, said in a statement.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
She certainly makes some good connections here with Goldman Sachs while grilling Geitner. I cant stand her politics and am VERY surprised she's going after him like this because I'd think that they would be working from the same playbook.

Maybe she's mad about being left out of the club thats getting money from Goldman under the table.

Good video from the Young Turks adding their perspective on how the government propped up Goldman so they could donate more money to the politicians that colluded with them.

Wouldnt people in the public realm go to jail for this?

The woman in this video had ADD and needs to either STFU or stay on task. Obviously has Bush Derangement Syndrome. Anyway, they guy has it together pretty well.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The Obama campaign pulled in 250,000,000$ dollars during their run for election.

Do you think that 1$m of that means anything to them?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
The Obama campaign pulled in 250,000,000$ dollars during their run for election.

Do you think that 1$m of that means anything to them?

I agree. 1 million is chump change compared what he pulled in. But....There is something that is worth much more and at stake for him. Perception. He and his cronies would gladly pay the 1m if it maintained his perception as the post corruption and most transparent president.

FDR has the " perception " of getting us out of the great depression too but it is nothing but perception. Reality is he made it worse but perception is he solved it. Perception is he knew what he was doing. Reality is he was a tinkerer and knew nothing of what he was doing. Morgantheau confirms this. Just look at his writings.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I guess they can just launder their money through the IMF now. I wonder if the SEC will have control over that?

New global 'FAT' tax to rein in banks
www.guardian.co.uk...
Snippet:
In measures more stringent than Wall Street and the City had expected, the fund called for the introduction of a twin-track approach to the three-year banking crisis that would both force firms to pay for any future support packages and raise new taxes on their profits and remuneration

So I guess they are going to create a worldwide slush fund disguised as a " pay it forward " approach to bank bailouts. Who on earth would anyone think kicking this issue up to international control would be a good idea?

Looks more like redistribution of wealth on a global scale. Having a run on the banks to collapse them ourselves looks like a better and better option all the time to me.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
No surprise...He's keeping it.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

He's just officially tied himself to corruption at Goldman Sachs

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
More Good Stuff today.

Goldman's White House connections raise eyebrows.

Snippet:
WASHINGTON — While Goldman Sachs' lawyers negotiated with the Securities and Exchange Commission over potentially explosive civil fraud charges, Goldman's chief executive visited the White House at least four times.

Source:
www.mcclatchydc.com...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

top topics

join