It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do about all this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I feel like I'm powerless to do anything about what's going on in this society. One man can't do everything, and we can't for any reason become more organized. At least for me I don't have the resources to even be on my own for now. I'm still in college, I work, I do other activities which take up my time and I never have time for myself even.

We can't start a violent revolution because obviously the government with it's military would just kill us all. We can't even start a silent revolution. The only thing I think we can do is just to keep spreading the truth, but will people listen? We can protest, but it has never done anything. We need to convince people that things aren't the way they should be... then maybe we can start organizing ourselves and revolt, or think of something we can do. Otherwise we're hopeless.

What can we do?

I was thinking what if I just stopped doing everything I am doing and go on a hunger strike out on the streets, become like a bum and just hang up signs.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

You can START your own political party or join on you believe in. I for one have lost faith with both the corrupt D & R parties.

Don't be distracted by the "social issues". Yes they are important to but corruption and economic bankruptcy must be addressed first. Social issues are the tools of distraction for the corrupt. Get everyone worked up on healthcare, abortion, or religion and then they can continue to steal and enrich themselves and their cohorts. That is the game.

You are not powerless. You just need to organize the millions that also think they are powerless. Then you have a voice. A good example is the NRA. I know a single issue organization but it is a good example of how sheer numbers of people with a common goal can actually be a voice of the people.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It is scary to think about, but honestly me and you have no power.

All we can do is spread info and watch as the city burns in front of us.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Just try to stay positive or campaign and get involved with things in a peaceful manner.

Try reading Martin Luther King's autobiography. It's really inspiring and thought-provoking.

Also think of this quote by Gandhi:

“When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it….always.”

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I guess I just don't know how to really go about doing things in a 'civilized' manner, I guess. I don't know about the formalities one has to go through to get things done in this society.. it seems all bureaucratic, etc. and nothing might ever get done because TPTB have too much control. Do you really think a Good person would ever be let into power? At least not before he can really do something considerably good because they'll take him out.

I'm not even into politics, I gave up on this system long ago and wanted to study science. I gave up on business and anything to do with money.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I really like Ron Paul. He's really incredible. I can't believe someone like him is actually active and doing something to make a change. I voted for him in the last presidential election but it's a shame nobody knew about him.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Don't worry, when I become President of the One World Government then I'll make sure you get an easier deal.

I love it when a plan comes together....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How to make your own political party:

www.slate.com...

If only I were rich lol. I would stop going to school and really try to make a change. But Im stuck just trying to make a living and before you know it, the system will collapse soon and things will get chaotic.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

If everyone gave in to all the fear mongering and bizzare randomness on this site, then we'd all be living in underground bunkers wearing tin foil hats.

Well....that or having many sessions with a psychiatrist.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Imagine if a political party emerged out of ATS.....hmmmmm.....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Yes, as soon as you create a revolution, it is hijacked by charismatic people and pretty faces that represent everything but freedom. The establishment says peace and we have war, they say safety and we have no freedom, they say freedom and we are still subject to the government.

They will trick and stifle every good thing that threatens them, the biggest threat being a loss of control by way of freedom choking laws, worthless money,false spirituality and social stagnancy.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Start small and get passionate.

What can you do as an individual?
What can you do to your family to help them help the world?
What can your family do to help your community help the world?
What can your community do to help your local area help the world?
What can your local area do to help the state you're in to help the world?
What can your state do to help the country you're in to help the world?
What can your country do to help the continent you're in to help the world?
What can your continent do to help the planet you're in to help itself.

And jumble those together anyway you want.

Start small and get passionate.

I personally recommend Culture-Jamming and conscious-consumerism.

Have a search around my sig for some ideas.

But honestly, all you have to do is conduct yourself by love & logic and you'll be doing the world a favour. The deeper you take your logic the more you'll see you can do.

PeAcE!!

ETA: Oh, and use recycled toilet-paper.

Think about it................................

[edit on 20/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
TPTB leave the manic street preachers on the kerb you can rant and rave all you want that is until you get a following like Martin Luther King then you become a problem,a problem with either imprisonment or death as a reward.

The net is full of people that tried to expose corruption in high places,moved against secret societies or what not,plug 'mind control' or 'psycotronic warfare' into your search engine and you will see that remote electric harrassment; mental,physical and spiritual torture for years on end is all the rage these days for TPTB dealing with recalcitrants.

I suffered this myself from 1998 to 2007.

Dont make a smell of yourself use Ghandi like tactics withdraw your labour,dont purchase or support organisations such as the military or corporations that are irresponsible like Monsantos products,fight your own war using non-violence-but keep it to yourself you do not want to go to the places I've been.Keep it an inner smile.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hopelessness......... Honestly I feel like we are hopeless. Everyone on this website knows about the bull**** going on in the world not just in America, but yet can we do. We protest but were protesting to our governor and mayors who unless there really high up in the status bar they are just political pawns just like ("we used to be"). I feel like I'm just wasting my energy. I'm going to a protest this Saturday because the last protest we had so many people come out that the Governor didn't even show up because he got scared because he could see how angry we were. So we protest... "they" either show up and bs us the whole time or they dont show up at all. Martin Luther King was able to get change to society but that was back in 60's the gov't has become so more advanced then that and honestly were living in the lost generation. Yes the people on this site and others have a purpose and are striving for change and have taken the blindfold off. But the majority of my generation are completely clueless. They no motivation to fight for anything at least people in the 60's were motivated enough to get change. But I just think its hopeless. Our generation and ONLY our generation and stop the corruption, etc. I go to the protest and see people who believe the same stuff i do but then i go back home and reality sets back in. And the reality is were all f***ing screwed. We do protest and everything and still people don't want to rally for the cause. The gov't has created the "perfect" generation. A generation that doesn't have enough common sense to stand up for anything. You can blame media or whatever. I have my own apprentice as you can say who i show all this information( bilderberg, mk-ultra, tri-lat., harrp, ufo coverups, etc.) and i show him the facts and the video. So that when I die I will die knowing I tried to help someone see the light. I tell him that soon I'm gonna die and that my generation will fail in stopping the NWO and corruption and that its his generation that is gonna have to deal with it. Knowledge is power thats why I showing him all this because when this world boils over it wont be the guns that will hold the power it will be the people with knowledge and understanding. Its cool because he shows me stuff that i never knew about hes like a revolutionary already
. One day hes gonna have to make a choice to either fight against oppression or be the oppressor. " Either you die a hero or you live long enough for you to become the villain". We all will have to make that decision soon. I just hope he makes the right one. I just feel hopeless. The only hope there is ... is that no matter what they do to stop us WE WILL LIVE forever because we believe in a idea and IDEAS ARE BULLETPROOF!. Before I shutup... Whats the most dangerous thing to the NWO? Is it guns...is it rouge armies..... nope. They have atomic bombs. That problem can get dealt with easily. Its knowledge. Why do you think Russia still has "Closed Cities" even though the cold war is over? Because knowledge is deadlier then any gun ever invented. This is my quote that i made up.... "Knowledge is like a virus. It infects anyone its touches or gets around" Bullets cant infect the mind and stay with you but words can....... lol sorry i typed so much i just wanted to release some rage that i had on my chest and had to get it out. Only way you can take down a government is from the inside... For example, the twin towers weren't knocked down because of and outside "attack" by planes.. The towers fell because of bombs that exploded !internally!. Get my point? These organizations work the same way.

It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government.
........ but how?...............

[edit on 22-4-2010 by VForVendetta]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I also told my friend never try to be a hero lol. Theres no such thing as a hero its only men/women doing there job. It is the JOB of every patriot to protect his country from its government. The only people that are heroes are crazy people and a local sandwich. I told him if he chooses to take action remember that sometimes you gotta run because sometimes you gotta "Live today So you can fight tomorrow". Oh yeah, I'm in the Marine Corp and I tell him if anyone ever criticizes him for retreating laugh in their face and say its not retreating its attacking in a different direction

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by VForVendetta

First thing first, drop the pessimism.

Second thing, do what you can do within your own bubble of existence - help others do the same.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought about, NOT reading about this stuff anymore? not using the internet? not watching the TV at ALL? not reading a newspaper, and just doing ur best for others? they got all of you people so caught up in all this bull**** about things that have happend and already exsist, there is already a NWO, it's been there throughout the whole exsistence of men since they invented jesus. maybe even before then
They are JUST loading everyone one of use with different stories, cause they know exactly what attracts different individuals to different things, the people that are looking for answers, they make someone up that LOOKS like they have answers, and they load them with BS. Then there is people that believe in UFO's, and they find something for that also. and so on and on.. have u guys ever tried, NOT reading into all of THEIR SHIET anymore? cause once u do, there is no NWO, there is no END of the world, there is just EARTH, AND all of US. that's it, that is what they are trying so hard to keep people looking away from, and they will do anything, ANYTHING to keep people looking in the wrong direction, that u will never see the true light of things, take for example Actors, and there is ur answer.. why do they get paid so much just for pretending, b/c it is their main tool, showing and entertaining the public, and for as long they can do this, none of us will be able to do anything. Why do u think none of us EVER get the final answer, always waiting and waiting, that's what they want, exactly what they want, just waiting, creating more and more temptation, untill it drags u in so deep u can't tell what's real and what's not anymore. i have nothing against technology, fast good, cars, ect... but just look around what it's being used for and how, and it's right there, the answer is RIGHT there!!

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The answer is right in front of you. You're right, there is nothing we can do. We will never get rid of corrupt politicians, we will never wipe out hunger or end war, and we will never know when the end will come. This life is a test, a proving ground. Learn to love all. Just live your life right and enjoy each day. You never know when it will be your last.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
To The Quiet Storm: Read this for starters:

www.streetdirectory.com...:

and then watch the youtube.com video in my signature for relaxation.

[edit on 10-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
No amount of non-violence or protesting will change anything. Activism without HEAPS of evidence to convince the skeptical masses is doomed to failure. There is really only one thing you can do.

Arm yourself, and wait.

What I mean by that is do whatever you think is necessary to protect yourself and your family. DON'T do anything illegal. Not only is it a guaranteed way to get the Feds on your trail, but it gives a bad rep for anyone trying to spread the word about the NWO. Instead, buy a rifle, shotgun, handgun, whatever. Get some Kevlar. OR if you're against firearms, become proficient in a martial art. Nothing may happen, but if our government does move against the people, you'll be ready.

(Please, don't form anti-government militias. Thats a sure-fire way to get imprisoned. And what help will you be behind bars?)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join