It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the story of Adam and Eve is really about.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
No one seems to understand the concept of a metaphor even though the New Testament uses it so much. Most people take it so literally that they either accept it as something that really happened or reject it entirely as a myth, but there's another side to this story,

transcendpolarisation.webs.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but that site is making my eyes hurt and making the article impossible to read.

Is there anyway you can just write up a brief condensation of exactly what you mean?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

Seizure inducing, isn't it? Hit escape once the page loads and it'll stop the sides from scrolling like that.

Edit: It's an interesting and original take on the creation story, that's for sure. The truth of the story though is that the odds of anyone alive today figuring out how much is supposed to be truth and how much is a metaphor are slim to none. So while it's an interesting take on it, they're trying to pass it off as the real story when there's no way they can prove it true or false. That's the thing with religion, it's all about faith. While it's obvious that they believe their version, that doesn't make it the truth of the matter.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Jenna]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The analysis you linked to is intriguing (star for you!) and displays that the writer is paying attention, in general. However, it also displays that their attention span is a bit short in duration and maturity. I have good reason for saying these things, but they are harder to understand than the writer's analysis and require a larger ability to process extremely complex constructs into more basic/rational terms without loosing so much meaning as to be useless. I am willing to share, but do not have time to waste, nor do I care to be flamed/fought with. I have no problem with disagreement or questioning/argument, but arguing in pursuit of understanding is not the same as arguing/quarreling to justify an incomplete rationale.
Cheers.

top topics

join