It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the media condition the general public for what is coming in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I strongly belief that something is up. A lot of governments all over the world are preparing themselves for some catastrofe or danger in the near future.

I haven't seen hard evidence of the excistence of underground bases but I have seen and read hard evidence of some more 'understanding' preparations.

With that I mean the storage of seeds from all known plants and trees in the world in deep bunkers and the storage of books and other culture value.

These are no pranks or stupid ideas from some scientist. These preperation cost millions of dollars and would not happen if there isn't a reason for it.

In my country there are adds from an insurance company on the radio which inform the people of the end of the world in 2012......as a joke.....to sell their insurance. Meanwhile everybody who listen has received the information that there are people who seriously think that in 2012 the end will come. The second time they will hear about 2012, from an other source, they will probably give it a thought.

These tactics are very subtle, but effective.

It is these tactics I expect to increase so the public slowly will be conditioned for what is coming. I do not say it will be the end of the world but something significant in 2012.

what are yor thought about the preperations and how the general public will be informed....if ever.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
1. Nothing will happen in 2012.

2. I have not seen any proof of governments preparing for any kind of disaster.
If you would be kind enough to post links of said preparations, then we have a conversation point.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

Something will happend?
Denay ignorance!

PEACE
ekiusa

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ekiusa

Something will happend?
Denay ignorance!

PEACE
ekiusa

I have no idea what you said, but it made my head hurt.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
To OP:

You know? It probably isn't right in the same category, but the other day I was flipping through channels and noticing just how many apocalypse shows there are, and how, over the past months, I've been watching a lot of shows about surviving a disaster. This isn't to say that anything will happen in 2012, though, I do believe something - not necessarily disaster - will take place. However, if something is seriously taking place, and TPTB know of it, it is possible that a spike in such content would be taking place on purpose.

Still, we can't rule out a good apocalypse scare, either. For those of us who went through Y2K... *nod*

I think its hard to say exactly why more shows are being broadcast - and especially so to say by whom. But anything is possible, right?

To Repliers:
Be considerate and add to the conversation. Don't ridicule somebody for trying to start an intelligent conversation. Its not about, "What if nothing happens?" Because that would probably make a lot of people happy. Its about, "What if something does happen?" Not to say something will, but by refusing to speculate on the possibilities you are limiting yourself. Not to mention, the motto of the site is "Deny Ignorance." I'm not saying believe in 2012. Just, at least consider the what ifs.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

In my country there are adds from an insurance company on the radio which inform the people of the end of the world in 2012......as a joke.....to sell their insurance. Meanwhile everybody who listen has received the information that there are people who seriously think that in 2012 the end will come. The second time they will hear about 2012, from an other source, they will probably give it a thought.

I never heard it before but there is another one.
A radio commercial that says " By our car now. Pay one half now and the other one after 2012.

If you are sure I would buy a new car if I were you.

For the troll

In a bunker deep under ground in Greenland and one in Norway. They are storing seeds, samples and probably DNA from every living plant known to man right now.

I believe Bill Gates is funding at least a part of the project.

Zatara

I believe it looks more like they try to ridicule the subject. After the car commercial anyway.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Do you guys ever remember watching a horror film, where the dumb person who laughs at people for believing that kind of crap is always in disbelief?...Well they always die first! HA HA
I cant say I know what is coming, but what I will say is I hear a lot through the grapevine and I am very open minded. I do things `just in case`. im learning basic life skills that humans have lost touch with, like gutting & skinning animals for food. Go back to basics-live off the land, hunt food, use fires instead of central heating and you will soon learn how to survive without openig a supermarket plastic ready meal, because there will be no more trips to the supermarket as money will have no meaning if something big happens! .......just in case......

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I almost forgot this:
Found this a while ago. Possible FEMA disaster planning.

www.infowars.com...

Here's a bit of evidence we can speculate about. Not necessarily 2012-related, but disaster? Certainly.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ImLisaFromEarth

Too bad life isn't a movie.

And who said I am not prepared?

I have enough supplies and training to survive several wars. But i rather not have to.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Hi Lisa.

i live in the Netherlands.
We have a big forest nature park here called de veluwe.

If I and maybe a few others would go hunting ourselves ( and be succesful) we can last only a few months top. After that we have to evolve into some sort of cow. There are grasses all around

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Im just saying, it does not matter what disasters are to come, humans had lived off the land for centuries before us, and can do for many years to come if we just get back in touch with the natural survival instincts we used to have.
It does not matter where you live in the world, we adapt to our surroundings. What about when there were no washing machines, cookers, even electricity and gas. what do you think we did back then, just gave up because it was too much hard work? No! you just get on with life and get by as best you can, because we cant control what is going to happen so you just better get on with life and stop worrying about it. you can prepare all you like, if thats the best you can do then you can do no mkore, atleast we tried!
I`ll shut up now. lol

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Hi Lisa.

i live in the Netherlands.
We have a big forest nature park here called de veluwe.

If I and maybe a few others would go hunting ourselves ( and be succesful) we can last only a few months top. After that we have to evolve into some sort of cow. There are grasses all around

ha ha i wouldnt want to live off grass. Im not talking just hunting, im growing my own food too!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I also noticed an uptick in survival shows and how to fend for yourself in the wild. These are probably just a trend in television here in the states. As very few Americans hunt these days, it's interesting for most.

Would they warn us? Hell no not till they could not hide it any longer. The movie Deep Impact pretty much sums up in my view how it would go down.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
[quoteTo Repliers:
Be considerate and add to the conversation. Don't ridicule somebody for trying to start an intelligent conversation. Its not about, "What if nothing happens?" Because that would probably make a lot of people happy. Its about, "What if something does happen?" Not to say something will, but by refusing to speculate on the possibilities you are limiting yourself. Not to mention, the motto of the site is "Deny Ignorance." I'm not saying believe in 2012. Just, at least consider the what ifs.

I totally agree. I cant stand it when people say `yeh right, because thats not going to happen, I can tell you!` when no one knows at the end of the day! Hey you lot, if your adamant that none of this is true, then why do you bother visiting this site, you dont need to, your all so psychic! ha ha

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
One thing that I know that isn't going to happen is the Re-Election of Obama.

Line 2

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Never say never. No one thought he would win the first time either. Only time will tell. But i can safely say no catastrophic event will happen in 2012.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi-5 for double post

[edit on 20-4-2010 by areyosicker]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

2. There you go: Storing Books until 2013.

Next you'll probably say that it doesn't mean anything, it's just a refurbishment project yadayadayada. Well there are a billion places where they can safely store these items if they wanted to. Something is definitely going on.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think it is fairly obvious from all of the cultural and historical evidence, the scientific evidence, and the preparations that ARE being made by various governments, that something is coming very soon, quite possibly in 2012. One must remember that Y2K was a man made scenario that wasn't so much a disaster as a possibility of how we coded our computers like idiots. It was also fixable. Y2K, unlike 2012 involved a lot of media hype. I see very tactile differences here.
Never before as a specific date or prophecy been corroborated as much as this one. And while the evidence isn't enough for me to tell you when and how exactly it will happen, I would rather be prepared and look like a fool, then look like a dead fool. And how will the media begin conditioning the populace for the changes coming? Well, they already have. By making it seem possible. Credible shows on Discovery and History that plant the seed of possibility. Slowly leaking information about stuff like the Seed vaults. Hiding clues like the Murals and symbols in the Denver airport about bunkers. Letting a movie be made. Letting the scientific evidence about that date be known.
More and more people know about the idea of 2012. Its a joke, to them, but at least they are aware, and when it happens, it won't break their mind as much as something they had no awareness of.

Bunkers

[C]oncern about the year 2012 has now surfaced in a mainstream NASA report on the potential impacts on human society of solar flares anticipated to peak in 2012.

Possible Disaster

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
reply to post by prionace glauca

Never say never. No one thought he would win the first time either. Only time will tell. But i can safely say no catastrophic event will happen in 2012.

That would be quite a relief to all of us that are worried about it and preparing for it Please provide evidence, articles, studies, (Not biased opinion) of your proof citing those claims. I would love to rest easy about this subject.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join