It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media gets a taste of Transparancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Most transparent White House ever..

Police chased reporters away from the White House and closed Lafayette Park today in response to a gay rights protest in which several service members in full uniform handcuffed themselves to the White House gate to protest "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

People who have covered the White House for years tell me that's an extremely unusual thing to do in an area that regularly features protests.

A reporter can be seen in the YouTube video above calling the move "outrageous" and "ridiculous."

Transparency Coming to a Protest Near you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
White house has become real sensitive about protests regarding any of the policies it is trying to pursue. With Boxer riding a nail biter of a election it is probably best to not have any portrayal of DADT protests, she needs all the votes she can muster.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Handcuffed themselves to the actual gate surrounding the white house?

What happened to shooting the first thing to touch the gate?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyosicker
Handcuffed themselves to the actual gate surrounding the white house?

What happened to shooting the first thing to touch the gate?

Maybe that is why they had to have the media and everyone else move out of the way first. Can not have any witnesses around.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
No protesting allowed.... or should I say... seen.

Now, it would have been extremely interesting to see some of the media actually stay. With all those cameras, it could have turned into a well covered "beat down".

I assume the purpose of getting rid of the cameras was to not show what they are going to do to these guys.

NO way the WH wants anyone to see the beating those guys get.

I believe this is only the beginning. Soon it will be illegal to record police and government officials to "avoid" the nasty problems some of these videos have caused them.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That is an outrage. Where is the freedom of the press?!! Do you think they are going to try to cover this under national security? Silence the opposition,is not the American way!!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

But it is apparently the Obama way.

Transparency indeed!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The White House occupants can now come out with their popcorn and start watching some live police brutality. I can see the headlines now, protesters rushed the white house fence and attacked the uniformed officers.

But in all seriousness, this does make one question the infringement of rights here. Why the need to push reporters and public back as far as possible just because some protesters tied themselves to a gate?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Some more updated info...

guerillawomentn.blogspot.com...

Pam Spalding: In a move that suggests the White House is feeling the heat on its slow-motion approach toward repealing DADT, it's now resorted to trying to stop press coverage of direct actions.

Here are your extremist protesters who were so dangerous that the entire 2 blocks surrounding the White House had to be cleared.

Now I am not for the repeal of the DADT, but what happened here should not be ignored. For us to ignore this now will only come to haunt us later.

Now how did that saying go,"First they came for the ....., and I did nothing. Then they came for ....., and I did nothing....".

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"If you want to kick the public out, that's fine, but let us do our job."

Did I hear that right?

I guess it's true what they say about some people being more equal than others.

The public has just as much right to investigate or look at this as any self proclaimed "reporter", especially in this modern age when anyone can be a journalist.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Obamanation is well underway, and the Pelosication has just started. I'm afraid it is going to get much worse!

top topics

join