It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery in the Modern Era

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

no, the point is that i never owned it because from the time i was born, any future property i might want to temporarily call my own by way of purchase and title, was attached to the debt i didn't create, agree to, or know about, for that matter. in other words, real ownership doesn't exist for the citizen. that's because the only ones allowed ownership are the ones that are not held financially responsible for the debt of the nation and who is that, pray tell? if we know who that might be, we can figure out who owns us and our property

I still do not understand why country debt makes you a slave. If yours/mine country would suddenly break up or declare itself bankrupt - your property will still be yours. What it got to do with nation's debt? We as individuals are part of our nations and ultimately share its successes and failures while having little influence about it, but we are not slaves to state since we can in any given time give up being citizens. I think that we just do not have a consensus on what slave means. To me slave is a person who has an owner and who is completely dependent in his actions on his master. To you it is a person with financial problem,apparently.
As for being master of your body - well, you actually are. Even in the military with direct order to "volunteer" to get a vaccine person can still refuse. It will cost him, but he cannot be forced if he does not sign. Military jail and being thrown out of ones unit are worst that can happen. This is not slavery, master can do whatever he wants and he does not have to get even symbolic agreement from slave.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

who is the nation indebted to, the debt for which you share responsibility, as one of its citizens, before you're even born? that is who owns your property. you are paying someone to live on the land, even when the property itself is paid off, even when the title of ownership is in your hand. title of ownership is a fraudulent document, pretending to give you ownership of something that is not yours for any purpose other than perhaps having an investment vehicle. they allow you to take a chance to make money off property they are making alot more money off of than you ever will. it doesn't belong to you, because the moment you can no longer pay the taxes on it, it reverts to its real owner.

who is the real owner?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join