It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slavery in the Modern Era

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
We've come up with fancy new names to plaster over the word "slave" in these enlightened times (all hail the thesaurus), to give the illusion that slavery is a thing of the past. It is suggested, nay, proclaimed, that we've managed to do away with it entirely in the western world. Have we? And for that matter, what exactly is "slavery"?

According to "The Free Dictionary", slavery is :

slav·er·y (slv-r, slvr) n. pl. slav·er·ies
1. The state of one bound in servitude as the property of a slaveholder or household.

insight into the mind of the predominant religious "background" of the ruling classes of the planet, involved in world domination, is vitally important to this topic. as a result, i went in search of material discussing old testament perspectives on slavery. i think is vitally important to our understanding as US citizens or even world citizens, that we know the underpinnings of such concepts, their derivation and their evolution, as to what our plight may be today in 2010 AD, if indeed there is reason for concern. I must warn you, the website is predominantly christian, but provides some insight into how the view of slavery has changed over the years in some sectors of society, while remaining virtually identical to old testament times, both in and out of hebrew society
www.livingvinechurch.org...

Notice the article in the website above claims that hebrew slaves often were treated as members of the family, even when they were not the same race. a slave owner without male heirs, could opt to and in some cases did, leave his entire fortune to a slave.

although enslavement of any kind is frowned upon today by many areas of society and many global communities, it is clear that the folks in charge of the planet, have a very different view about it and have just learned to use the thesaurus with increasing levels of skill to hide the butt ugly truth of it. what's that mean? i'll tell you:

YOU ARE A SLAVE.

you are not only an indebted slave (in fact, you were over 100k in debt, before you were even born! so much for personal responsibility!), but you and your entire family are sold into slavery at the moment of conception, and most of it based entirely on a fiction. how do i know this? easy.

when you were born, a bond was created with your name on it that immediately proclaimed you as a shared debt holder. you had nothing to do with that debt, you weren't even around to make decisions regarding that debt, and even if you had been, the chances are extremely high, someone in political or financial power made that decision for you, without ever bothering to inform you of your rights in the situation or even the existence of the you that is indebted.

the data is withheld under the pretext of "IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE." let that sink in and then think back on the link i provided to the website about slavery in the old testament.

the laws of the planet were originally created to teach us to be moral, honest, upright members of the societies in which we lived. this condition of honesty was equally important for the leaders (and by proxy, the financial and/or religious powers) of the nations, especially as regards the treatment of people under their control. But because power tends to corrupt, they have often fell off the wagon and lost sight of THEIR MORAL AND PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY in the matters regarding the abuse of power.

Mind you, they have the power to make a difference in this situation, and simply refuse to. Instead, they have opted to misuse the law, shield their actions under the cloak of IGNORANCE OF THE LAW IS NO EXCUSE, and dared anyone to do anything about it.

my question is, and probably will remain to be:

If i did not agree to be indebted before i was even born, why am i? under what pretext am i being held in slavery? why are there bonds written on my life that i was not only unaware of, but powerless to effect from the time of conception?
i need justification for this, pronto, and so do you.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In reality your situation isn't in the strictest of definitions slavery...

This is slavery...

I would suggest that most of these people would change places with you in a heart beat...

They're slaves... You, and I, are not...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Absolutely right. Everyone in America complains they are slaves.

Take a quick trip to Asian countries, or parts of Africa. See what real slavery looks like.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

oh i am sorry, but you are wrong. there's just different levels of slavery. if the society is not well educated and has no access to books or the means to defend themselves, what you see in that article is the result. this is why it is necessary to disenfranchise and force educated people via subterfuge, into indebtedness, so that eventually, their plight will be identical to those in the article. it just takes longer, but the end game is virtually the same.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
my question is: If there's a bond out there on my life that someone other than me created, against debt i did not personally know about, nor personally create, nor personally approve of for that matter, and knowledge of its existence is purposefully withheld from me because there's no moral foundation for its existence in the first place, on what jurispurdence does it exist? on the basis of my sin as human? what sin are we talking about here? debts i did not create, that's what!

they're using the grandfather clause to validate it in their own minds, yet, allow forgiveness for debt all the time, amongst themselves. it use to be every 40 years or so, everyone was forgiven their debts, to ease the burden of the poor and to auto correct the tendency of property and wealth always ending up in the hands of a few, at the expense of the many. not any more.

these are all signs that you are a slave.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

these are all signs that you are a slave.

When I am forced to build pyramids for some guy I do not like, then I am a slave. Til then I am a free man.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

do you like the war against terror? that's a form of pyramid building. i mean, the american people were fully behind bush going to Afghanistan to get osama and you see how that turned out.

hardly no one, anywhere on the planet, agreed to the sudden diversion to iraq. did we agree to build that pyramid? did you?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
So - who owns you? Since you declare yourself to be a slave and such. You are property of ... ?
And as for 100k you apparently - i do not get it, but as an assumption it is debt of your country divided by number of citizens. But if you would say you are no longer a citizen - which you can, and become citizen of ,say, Zimbabwe - you will no longer own 100k. What kind of slavery is that?
So i think that you are just lost in word games. Nobody is absolutely free simply due to laws of physics. Nobody is socially completely free since we are all part of society with its laws (biological and legislative), rich or poor. However being slave means that you have an owner. And you do not.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

reply to post by areyosicker

i mean, the american people were fully behind bush going to Afghanistan to get osama and you see how that turned out.

False. You are under the impression that our opinion as a people matter. We may have no voice. But we do still have free will.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

it seems your slavery is internal and more of an emotional situation however i think most will agree it is not the same or even a level of to be a prisoner in your mind wich is different (unless you owe that many tax dollars that the government is your master?)then being whipped and raped in physical reality. i think the poor sex slaves of thailand would call us americanas bitchin just plain snobby o booo hoo the americans can go to the store without restraint and arent routinely used with no care for their well being.
we do not ask permission can work the job we choose can elevate our status through hard work these are freedoms not slavery.
i do not always agree with the peeps in charge however they are far from me calling them master and i am no ones slave
my two cents from NYC USA

Be Well and live free

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

friend i don't own 100k. i'm indebted for 100k. i don't even own the land my house is on, even though i pay for it and any taxes on it and even hold the title. a new provision was added to it that states, should at any time i become incapable of paying the taxes on the land (even though the house might be paid for entirely and the title of ownership be in my hand), that i will lose that property as if it was never mine to begin with. the taxes i pay on it, are to pay off the debt i owed on it, from the moment i was born.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

i'm a free citizen of the united states but contracted gulf war syndrome from my husband (it's contagious) following his return from the gulf war. i was not informed, nor was he, that the injections he was given, could pose a serious threat to himself, his family or his future offspring. he may have signed the I'M A GOV SLAVE document, but i did not! how is it then, that i'm supposed to view my citizenship? how should i translate that scenario ? that my gov loves me and protects my well being, or that i'm just another brick in the pyramid?

i'll agree to not complain about this or ask for the moral foundation on which i'm being enslaved, if someone can prove to me that such activities are based on the moral laws of nature's god.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

you truly do have a reason to be angry i have seen and read of this disease out of respect i will back out of this conversation i have a deep respect for all our soldiers and hope they all come home safe and healthy as i wish you and your family the best as well.

Be Well

triple

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ok. Now i am even more confused. You own something and it makes you a slave?
I do not try to make fun of your situation, God forbid. But if you will sell the property - you might not have debt problem , since it can cover the costs. And i might be wrong here (i did not inherit any land so have no idea) but i think that you can refuse to accept responsibility for debt, with side effect of loosing the land though. Which is awful and unfair to you, and it is very hard choice. But it still does not make you a slave.
Financial system is very cruel, rich get richer and poor getting poorer. And so far serious attempts to fix it created even worse situations. But what it has to do with "slavery in MODERN era" - i do not know. People lost property since the concept was introduced into Human societies world-wide. Or you want to tell me that ancient Babylonians/Egyptians/Romans/Greeks and then Europeans from middle ages were immune from having debts while not being slaves/serfs?
If X will loan Y 10 bucks with agreement that if Y will not return it to X by Sunday and then will have to pay you 10 cents for 10 years - X will not be Y's owner, sorry. Even if Y will fail to pay and X will sue him.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

no, the point is that i never owned it because from the time i was born, any future property i might want to temporarily call my own by way of purchase and title, was attached to the debt i didn't create, agree to, or know about, for that matter. in other words, real ownership doesn't exist for the citizen. that's because the only ones allowed ownership are the ones that are not held financially responsible for the debt of the nation and who is that, pray tell? if we know who that might be, we can figure out who owns us and our property

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
is my body my property?
be careful how you answer this.

triplescorpio bowed out on the inevitability of this question. he knew it was coming and what the evidence suggests.

it's a question you can't answer without lying to yourself.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Keep it coming Undo. Perhaps if we beat it into everyone's head enough people will eventually wake up and realize what is going on.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Puresilence

it's funny. i actually am not complaining about my situation. i don't mind paying to help others and paying to provide for public services like law enforcement and fire departments, road maintenance, defense, and so on. what i'm referring to is a future end game of all this, as the money needed continues to grow and cost of living doesn't keep up with inflation, the ability of home "owners" to keep their taxes paid, frequently results in them losing their property they skimped their whole lives to get and pay for (in this situation, it was never theirs to begin with but they thought it was. they thought god had given them the right to own the land they worked for, but apparently the folks manipulating all this, have a different idea ).

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by seagull

oh i am sorry, but you are wrong. there's just different levels of slavery. if the society is not well educated and has no access to books or the means to defend themselves, what you see in that article is the result. this is why it is necessary to disenfranchise and force educated people via subterfuge, into indebtedness, so that eventually, their plight will be identical to those in the article. it just takes longer, but the end game is virtually the same.

Different levels of slavery? To my mind, one either is, or isn't... But I'd appreciate an explanation of these levels.

Education, in a modern America, is there to be had. It takes a conscious decision to remain ignorant. As are the means to defend oneself, either physically, through weapons, or non physically, through education and political process'... Only a certain level of laziness prevents this. This is, of course, my own humble opinion.

Disenfranchise? I'm not certain I understand where your going with this. Could you explain that a little bit more?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

well, i was not informed they were injecting my husband with a vaccine that was dangerous at best and quite deadly as a general rule. so when he came home carrying it in his body, he was like a loaded biological weapon. the statistics for gulf war vets and their families deaths due to gulf war related diseases was outrageously high. higher than most people realized, since many of them were kicked out of the military as soon as they were diagnosed with it. not everyone died from it, such as myself, but many did, and the ones that didn't ended up with various related illnesses like chronic fatigue. there was simply no way i could've studied enough to prevent that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join