It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the US sacrifice Israel in the name of stability?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Would the US sacrifice Israel in the name of stability

President Obama has shown a dedication to improving relations with muslim nations in the middle-east. Israel, one of the United States closest allies, is in constant conflict with these muslim nations (Egypt, Syria, Iraq, Iran) as well as other "terrorist" groups who operate within the borders of these countries (Hezbollah, Hamas, Al-Quieda). The United States is actively leading the war on terror operating largely in Iraq and Afghanistan. This would seem to even strenghten our relationship with Israel due to common enemies. However, there seems to be clues lending creedence to the thought that the US might end up sacrificing Israel in an effort of stability.

We all know about the debate over Obama's islamic ties and his father's muslim heritage. However, Obama has plainly stated that he is in fact a Christian. For arguments sake let's leave out the debate about different Obama conspiracies. Let's instead debate about implied policies of his administration.

In this speech given in Egypt Obama essentially pooh-poohs the 9/11 attacks attributing them only to a small portion of the muslim world.

Violent extremists have exploited these tensions in a small but potent minority of Muslims

www.nytimes.com...

His administration frowning upon Israel last month.

"I condemn the decision by the government of Israel to advance planning for new housing units in East Jerusalem," Biden said in a statement issued just hours after he met with Israeli leaders in the region.

www.cnn.com...

It is clear that Obama is pooh-poohing the past between the United States and the muslim middle-east. He is willing to forgive and forget so to speak. Ultimately, where do his true priorities lie. Is it possible that at some point, in the near future, that the US will view Israel as the source of instability in the region. Furthermore, due to our allegiance with Israel, might we begin to take actions distancing ourselves from them.

'U.S. distancing itself from Israel on Iran issue'

www.haaretz.com...

Under the Bush Administration, America was willing to go into battle without the backing of the United Nations. The Nobel Peace prize winning Obama would certainly not do something like that. If Israel attacked Iran or one of their neighbors either unprovoked, or provoked without backing from the UN, would we remain loyal? Would we break our ties with them?

At best, Barack Obama committed the latest big mistake in his conduct of foreign policy last week. At worst, the president carried out a deliberate operation intended to weaken the U.S.-Israel relationship and turn the public against the Jewish State.

www.americanthinker.com...

Is there a concerted effort to abandon Israel? Would we remain loyal in the event of a world conflict, or sacrifice them in the name of stability?

Israelis have good reason to worry. President Obama has shown disdain for U.S. allies and a special disdain for America’s special relationships with Britain and Israel. He seems more comfortable bowing to authoritarian rulers and hugging Hugo Chavez than dining with Israel’s Benjamin Netanyahu.

blogs.investors.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
C'mon! No takers! Where are all the political peeps on here????

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, I can't tell you what he would do but I can tell you what he should do...

He should get rid of all ties with Israel and let them deal with their own problems. Forget Israel, forget Palestine, he should mind his own business.

Instead of spending billions on Israel, maybe the billions should be spent on the people who can't afford preventing death from treatable diseases, or to give free post secondary schooling, or something like that...

He should stop wasting money on Israel, should denounce the neo-nazi regime, and concentrate on taking care of his own people and country because we all know the US is falling apart.

Magnum

[edit on 10/4/20 by Magnum007]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, we can agree on some of what you said. There is more internal issues that need to be addressed than I can ever remember. However, I don't think many of them can be fixed. I believe there will be some kind of global conflict that will force changes eventually. Existence is becoming more and more reactive. Honestly, I wonder if the variety of people in the US will ultimately be part of it's downfall. There is no cohesion.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm not sure of what you mean by the word "variety". I will attempt a guess that you are talking about the multi-cultural aspect of variety...

If you look at Canada, its society works very well and "variety" of people live very well together. There are, of course, cases of racism and xenophobia as in any society; Canada is far from being perfect. I don't see how multiculturalism can make a society degrade in any way.

If what you mean by variety is the different people who make up the country's political or ideological groups, then I can understand. Politically, the right and the left are at a very serious crossroad. How far must one or the other give in in order to make the country work. I think that both sides are a little too powerful and seem "too proud" to give in a little to make things work. Any government system with only 2 sides makes it very difficult to get things done: it's always about undoing what the last group did while in power and re-doing what was undone the last time by the other group... I hope I make sense...

Anyway, as far as Obama is concerned, his efforts to better the US are well intentioned in general. I think that the moves he's made concerning health care, reversing Bush's torture policies, his attempts to close Guantanamo, his recent stance on Israel, and others that escape my mind at the moment are great steps to salvage what Bush left for him.

Love him or hate him, (here comes the cliché line) he was left with a very difficult task. Bush left him with a whole lot of things to sort out and take care of. Bush didn't finish his own business and Obama is stuck cleaning the place...

Magnum

top topics

join