It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N.'s Massive $732 Million Haiti Budget Goes Mostly to Its Own Staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

U.N.'s Massive $732 Million Haiti Budget Goes Mostly to Its Own Staff

www.foxnews.com

he United Nations has quietly upped this year's peacekeeping budget for earthquake-shattered Haiti to $732.4 million, with two-thirds of that amount going for the salary, perks and upkeep of its own personnel, not residents of the devastated island.

Some $495.8 million goes for salaries, benefits, hazard pay, mandatory R&R allowances and upkeep for the peacekeepers and their international staff support.

Under a cost-sharing formula, the U.S. pays a 27 percent share of the entire $732.4 mil
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Time for the US to quit the UN. It is a corrupt and incompetent organization that has long shown is unabilty to solve problems and exists only to line the pockets of staff members and dictators.

Giving staff members a 90 day stay on a cruise ship to compensate for the hardship posting? I thought folks joined the UN on the hopes of receiving a hardship posting where they would actually be in a position to help folks.

Time to shelve the UN and move to regional cooperatives. Bush and Clinton were right to stiff the UN on our dues.

For the folks who are UN supporters - if the UN can't do a thing about the situation in Darfur after 20 years, why do we have a UN?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

...It is a corrupt and incompetent organization that has long shown is unabilty to solve problems and exists only to line the pockets of staff members and dictators...

Change staff members and dictators to bankers and corporations and you could be describing the U.S.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

On the part of the United Nations, this amounts to nothing less than extortion. The United Nations is not a charity, where people freely give money. The U.N. gets it's funding from taxes we pay to our Govenments, that in turn give it to the U.N.

So these cruises and lavish vacations are paid for by none other than the citizens.

Rife corruption and collusion between government officials and businessmen is now the status quo.

Where is the outrage?

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Where is the outrage?

Apparently you've never heard "Ignorance is bliss."

I try to talk to people about all this # destroying our country all the time, mostly what i receive back is "I can't do anything about that." That may be true, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be bloody well infuriated about it. It doesn't mean you shouldn't inform others and get them bloody well infuriated.

Apathy and ignorance, welcome to america. I wonder if its like this every where.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by djzombie]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Further to the point it has been long known that the majority of UN staff based in New York work for the intelligence agencys of foreign countrys. These are dudes who engage in outright espionage or commercial espionage under the umbrella of diplomatic immunity.

At a minimum the UN headquarters should be moved outside of the US. Since the President of the UN rotates between continents, I have never understood why the UN headquarters did not rotate as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Yes, your interest/suspicion in the seemingly illogical base operations of The United Nations is on the money.

It is the opinion of many that The United Nations is none other than a paradise for thieves.

United Nations aka Thieves Paradise;

In 1953, 'Red Rainbow' was produced by Bruce Fagan and staged for 16 performances at the Royale Theatre between 14 September and 26 September.[4].

Written two years later, 'Thieves Paradise' portrays the same group plotting to create the United Nations as a Communist front for one world government.[5]

Despite opposition, 'Thieves Paradise' opened at the Las Palmas Theatre in Hollywood on December 26 1947. It starred actor Howard Johnson who was subject to a campaign of harassment so bitter and intense that it sent him to St. Vincent's Hospital with a nervous breakdown after six performances. Johnson's mother was also a subject of this campaign against him. These incidences were investigated and corroborated by both Actors' Equity and the American Board of Arbitration. Johnson, who had appeared in three films, never made another movie in Hollywood.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It's so funny that they had it so right even in 1947, but the majority of americans are willingly oblivious today.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Hollywood is a very effective tool in the placating of the masses.
They have been in on it since the very beginning!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The U.N. reminds me of toe nails. They are of no use, and only there to be serviced by the bearer for looks only.

This is no different than a corrupt charity that takes your hard earned money for their own pleasure, and then tells the world just how much good they do for us.

Are the majority of the people in this world so blind, that they can`t see how corrupt this group of crooks are?

They either need to revamp the U.N., or pull the plug on it and let it die.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
this is why I am against govt. giving money
and people yell at me all the time when I say that

abolish the income tax and let the people give donations through reputable charities.

Either the money stays in house or goes to prop up dictatorships

Never think your govt. is doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, that is foolhardy!

new topics

top topics

join